≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Mother tinctures causing acidity

Hi i am posting again.

Mother tinctures causes hyper acidity to my husband.

He can easily take pills, tablets or liquid dilution forms.

But what potency to take if tinctures of sabal and Chimaphila Umb are to taken.

Ps: Tinctures actually are prescribed for prostatitis related symptoms.

  pirani21 on 2011-06-16
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
I wouldn't be using mother tinctures at all. Homoeopathy developed our method of preparing medicines precisely to avoid those kind of problems. You are much more likely to get side effects and other problems from mother tinctures than our potentized medicines.

I can see from your other posts that you want to know if he can replace the mother tinctures with the homoeopathic versions.

I would say that this is risky, because when we change the substance from mother tincture into a potentized remedy, the symptoms that they help can change. There is no predicting what the potentized versions would do to him. It might help, or it might harm him.

Our medicines become very different from the herbal medicines. A whole new range of abilities open up from each substance, that may have been unknown before. This can open up a new range of side effects as well if it is not prescribed specifically for that individual by someone who understands homoeopathy.
brisbanehomoeopath last decade
Ok than what should he do now.
His homeopath doctor is not ready to recommend anything else apart from the tinctures.

Do u suggest to post his case here or what?
pirani21 last decade
A homoeopath should not be recommending tinctures - are you sure he is a homoeopath?

I would find a homoeopath who actually prescribes homoeopathic medicines. You will just get into trouble seeing one who does not.
brisbanehomoeopath last decade
Yes sir he is a homeopath. He sits in a clinic and the label outside read ' Homeopathy (BHMS)'.

He also prescribed thuja 1m which i had to take only twice.

So i can try 200C of sabal and chimma as a trial thing.
pirani21 last decade
So he mixes herbalism and homoeopathy - must not have much faith in homoeopathy I guess.

I cannot predict what thos remedies will do. Homoeopathic potencies are not the same as the herbs, they are much more powerful. I cannot tell you what will happen, but there are many risks. If the remedies are not well selected (are incorrect) then they may create side effects.

You would be better off having someone prescribe properly for you, rather than just trying anything. But that is your choice.
[message edited by brisbanehomoeopath on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:01:17 BST]
brisbanehomoeopath last decade
Thank you for your suggestion sir.
Now what i got from this discussion is that my husband can list all his symptoms(problems) or fill in the new patient form and post it on the forum here.

Other homeopaths that we know of, here in dubai would not prescribe medicines. Last homeopath of my husband never gave him tinctures and there was relief also but he was never willing to tell the names of the medicines. He gave pills and tablets in a generic bottle or plastic bags.

I know homeopathy is not about giving steroids but there have been cases in pakistan and Dubai when the meds were in plastic bags without revealing names that contained those things, hence my husband and i cant trust medicines that has no label on it.

I will ask my husband to post his case here.
[message edited by pirani21 on Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:27:31 BST]
pirani21 last decade
If he is willing to do that, I am happy to make suggestions for remedies.
brisbanehomoeopath last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.