≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Canine mammary tumor help please!

I just came from the Vet. My 7 year old Cocker has a mammary tumor.It hasn't been diagnosed as malignant yet but the Vet strongly suggested it's malignant. I'm reading she needs to take 10x phytolacca. I was giving it to her as 3-30c pellets every 6 hours but stopped it.I would like to know if anyone has any sugesstions for me as to how to proceed or if there's anything else I should be doing. I'd appreciate any help you have to offer. THANKS!
[message edited by rootessa on Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:21:47 BST]
  rootessa on 2011-08-13
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
The following remedies may help...
phytolacca 30
conium 30
calc fluor 30
calc carb 30

Please give her one remedy at a time. Please give the remedy (2 pills) in the morning and evening for 15 days and see how that affects in next 15 days. Please note that you should give the remedy for 15 days and no remedy for next 15 days.
You should move to the next remedy if there is no relief from the present remedy.
kadwa last decade
Thank you SO much! I appreciate it more than you know!
rootessa last decade
I'm the original poster of this thread. I've tried SO many times to log in to this forum to post an update because there have been so many views of this post I thought our experience might benefit someone else.

There's mostly good news to report. Altho it's been a long siege, I've been patient and it seems to be paying off.

We started with the recommended 30c phytolacca and followed the recommended regimen up to the CALC FLUOR. This took us to the end of November. We saw benefits from the phytolacca and conium but, after the recommended 2 weeks, not from the calc fluor. After a lot of research, I made the decision to alternate the phytolacca and conium with the emphasis being mostly on the phytolacca. The phytolacca causes it to drain and reduces swelling due to the drainage and the conium appears to soften the tissue and shrink the growth.

My Cocker feels great. She has gained 7 pounds since we began this process. After all this time without an decline in her health, appetite or energy level, I think it's pretty obvious that this isn't a malignant growth. I have experienced malignancies in previous pets and feel her signs would be very different if this was a malignant tumor, given the time frame.

I also did a lot of research on the effects of diet on this type of thing. In the 5 1/2 years she's been with me, she hasn't eaten any commercial dog food. I prepare everything she eats. I made changes in her diet based on research on mammary tumors. I removed all beef and grains from her diet as well as root vegetables. The meat I feed her is almost but not quite raw because it's suggested she should be eating raw meat but her system isn't able to handle it. I do give her raw bones and raw marrow. I also feed her sprouts and other raw vegetables ground up in the mix. I supplement her diet with flaxseed oil, cod liver oil, large doses of vitamin C,as well as goldenseal and echinacea.

Here's what happened. The growth popped up in one day and got to be as large as a cantalope in a 24 hour period. We got a very poor reception from the vet and among other things, he said she's not a good candidate for surgery due to her 'other issues', those being, her teeth are dirty and she's blind in one eye, but he'd do it for $1700. Reading Dr. Richard Pitcairn'e wonderful book,he warns against this type of conventional surgery because it has a tendency to destroy the immune system and once that happens, nothing can be done so, I decided to go this route and just trust.

After all these months of treatment, it has shrunk to the size of a lemon and continues to shrink. She's experienced all the positive signs of the remedies I've read about. She eats a fairly substantial amount of dirt, after I shift her back onto the conium, she will have a bout of diarrhea and vomit once. This is the way I've dosed her, and I'm not recommending this, it's a decision I've made based on my research and her situation. I've given her 2 vials of phytolacca 30c, 2 pellets in the morning and 2 pellets at night for 40 days. I have then given her a few days off and then given her 1 vial of conium in the same dosage. Then we repeat the process. After all this time, the remedies have really kicked in and this evil thing is rapidly disappearing. Altho it's been slowly shrinking, it's now shrinking at a rapid rate. I keep this covered at all times and especially when she is outside.

Just a little back story. Before she came to live with me, she was kept in a small cage in a barn and used as a breeder in a puppy mill. By the time she was 3 1/2 she had had 6 C-sections. After a lot of research, I was able to determine that when she was shipped to me, they took her away from a litter of pups that were approximately 5 weeks old. I don't know if this has anything to do with her past but I suspect it does.

I hope this will benefit someone. I will return and post a 2nd update. If anyone has anything to add, I'd love to read it. Right or wrong, this is what I'm doing and it
is largely based on my gut instinct and for us, it's working! I LOVE my dog! I'm very happy about this!

Thanks so much to kadwa for responding to our post!
Kate & Tessa-Marie!
[message edited by rootessa2 on Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:12:49 GMT]
[message edited by rootessa2 on Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:18:53 GMT]

(This post contains an image. To view the image, please log on.)

rootessa2 9 years ago

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.