≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Dog disc injury

Hi all, I'm new to the site and looking for some advice about my dog. He's a 7yr old cavalier king charles, generally anxious of other dogs - except when they're on the TV, when he goes mad barking and jumping up at the screen! He's friendly with most people but nervous with children. He dribbles a lot when nervous, particularly in the car.
2 days ago I think a box must have fallen on him as when I got home he wasn't using his right leg and the box was on the floor. Took him to the vet this morning who said it's probably a disc injury. Was thinking of giving him some arnica and/or hypericum but was wondering if anyone had a more constitutional suggestion. He likes most food, particularly egg, tea, meat and fish. He's very playful although will not give something up if he thinks it's rightfully his. He has a bit of a temper occasionally - can snap at the vet or at us if we're trying to e.g. clean his eyes.

Many thanks in advance,

  Jofro on 2011-10-28
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
ya give him arnica that is good for any injury.
hypericum i do not have an idea but my homeo vet had prescribed that for a nervous problem in my bird, but it can have different uses too. try giving in small dose of 30c or even less if u want to try. im not a doc there wud be sum1 arnd who would advise u. But my vet had told me to give arnica for any injury & better if given immediately.
good luck with ur dog
naq55 last decade
Thanks so much, that's great. I have given him the arnica so fingers crossed! Dr Savaravan has also replied and advised Rescue Remedy in addition to arnica.
Jofro last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.