Hairloss concern ...Pls HELP !!Hi..
I have been fighting hairloss for over 2 years now.I have always had hair issues since childhood, but it has bene on & off. Survived without any major concerns.
But about 2 years ago, I was under a lot of strees & started having severe hairfall. I had to go to one of the modern day hair institutes & started using 5% minoxidil , a bit of laser therapy & some hair nutriet tablets. This went really well for more than a year. but then I started developing an alergy to the medicine. The doctor prescribed different combinations of minoxidil, but nothing helped.
Then I switched to homeopathy as i couldnt bear the itching from minoxidil & got very embarassing to be scratching my head all the time !!
Its been about 3.5 months on homeopathy tablets . Looked like it was better in the first month..but again I have started losing 100-120 hair everytime i wash my hair or oil it. The front has become quite sparse & I am very concerned.
I dont have any any illness aprt form the fact that I have low iron content according to the blood test results last week. I will soon start some iron supplement.
My homeopath said that the last resort is to do shirodhara, but I read a forum where the person had excessive hair loss after one treatment ( caused due to the excess oil which she could have been allergic to or it weights down your hair thereby you lose the weak hair ).
I will appreciate any feedback. I am at a loss now to resolve this problem. My fathers side is bald ( uncles, cousins), not females though. My mother has thin hair but not balding.
Rima82 on 2011-11-17
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa 8 years ago
Sex: Female Age: 30
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Severe hair loss. Getting Sparse in the front.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Absolutely none. Once in a while headache.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Hairloss has severely affected my confidence. I am at a very good phase in my life right now but cant seem to enjoy it due to this concern which is
getting more overwelming everyday. Moroever I have tried minoxidil which worked temporarily but I developed an allergy. I have switched to homeopathy
for the last 3.5 months, but doesnt look like its working. I lose a lot of hair when I wash it or oil it.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Very depressed. I carry myself quite well & this hair thing brings me down big time. Almost deprives me from enjoying life fully.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Started about 2.5 years ago. I was going through a relationship crisis & was under a lot of stress. I started losing a lot of hair.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
I lose a lot when I wash my hair. Even after applying oil when i comb, lot of hair comes out.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
I started using 5% Minoxidil when it first started. Worked wonders for about a year. Thickened my hair but then i developed an allergy to it. Loads of itching, scartchy
scalp. All that itching caused even more hair loss. It got unbearable & I had to stop.
I then started going to a homeopath about 3-4 months ago. The firts month looked ok but now its gone back to prettty bad.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Not that I know of.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Dry weather. Cant stand much cold.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am a bit moody.have become suspicous, thanks to my previous relationship. but overall I am quite a happy person with a good sense of humor.But this hairloss concern has
caused a lot of grief on & off.But lately I am very depressed coz I really know what the next step can be.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? umm..not sure. either can make me sad or at another extreme, romantic :)
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? Yes.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? Not really
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc? I can talk to myself at times, just a casual two way conversation.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? Family & friends make me very happy. Got out of a bad relationship
previously. Seeing a guy at the moment, very happy
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
As mentioned earlier, I am really enjoying the company in my life after a very bad experience.But the feeling of possibly getting bald scares the hell out of me.
makes me feel insecure about my current relationship. Thats my constant fear.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I am quite a foodie. Have a sweet tooth. to be honest dont have much vegies or fruits. Non-vegetarian, but have tried to cut down on it since the homeopathy medication.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? Dont like very spicy food.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? Normal. Sweat when in the gym. Otherwise its OK.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Normal
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? Sleep well. Prefer sleeping on my back
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? havent been into it for the past 2 yrs.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all? Dont find myself different, can easily mix in.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Minoxil for about a year .Worked very well initially but then gradually developed an allergy , i think. Experienced lot of itching, flaky scalp. Got so unbearable ,
had to stop.
Consulted a third generation homeopath about 4 months ago. But not getting much luck. The scalp is now cleaner but still experiencing a lot of hair loss.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Parents are healthy, God Bless. Dad's side has heredity baldness, My 23 yr ols brother is almost bald , so are most of the make cousins. Mom always has had thin hair
but no balding conceren ever.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
I am a relatively good looking female. Dance is my hobby, try to go to the gym at times. So slim to regular build.
Wheatish complexion, 5.4 ft
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last? Regular. Upto 4-5 days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods? No, Once in a few months, may experience stomachahe on the fisrt day
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive? Normal
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery? Thick bright red
- Do you notice any clots in the flow? umm..at times
[message edited by kadwa on Thu, 13 Oct 2011 06:15:23 BST]
Rima82 8 years ago
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 2 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa 8 years ago
I have been doing a bit of this for some time now.
I was taking a bit of silica in the first month with scalptone. Then I was prescribed phos , but i think my hairfall increased after about 1.5-2 months.
If you dont mind, what do you think about Shirodhara. Is it worthwhile to take it regularly for sometime along with this medication ?? Have you seen cases where Shirodhara has helped hair loss patients ??
Will appreciate your response.
Rima82 8 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.