Dr. Joe - Question baby with refluxDear Joe,
I read your forum with a mom of a baby with reflux or GER. She recommended you in another website. I also saw that you have help many people with GERD in this website, that you recommend Nat Phos 6x.
My baby is 3 months old, he weights 7.3kg. He has no problem gaining weight but he was diagnosed with GER(gastroesophagus reflux) and he has been on prescribed meds (Nexium and cisapride) for GER for 1 month now. He also was given antiallergic meds because I have allergic rhinitis and the pediatrician said he is allergic too. Now he is off the antiallergic but still on the GER meds. They have side effects and they have proven not to be 100% successful, he was still vomiting until the cisapride was increased, now he has silent reflux. However, he can't sleep more than 3 consecutive hours in the day and at night he only sleeps 2hrs before waking up and being hungry. He vomits not all but a lot after eating, has hiccups, acid reflux with pain that makes him cry inconsolably..all of these partially under control due to the meds. He arches his back after feeding and he's restless when he eats. He is exclusively breastfed and I have made a diet to avoid anything that could make him colic or increase the reflux. Also the meds make him nervous, restless, constipated, and I also thing he has abdominal pain from them. I am supposed to keep him on these meds (cisapride and Nexium) for 2 more months. I would prefer a more natural remedy that will heal him faster and I don't like seeing him in pain.
The doctor thinks maybe he is also lactose-intolerant and tomorrow I have to begin giving him formula(Nutramigen) for three days and stop breastfeeding for that time, which I read it can also have side effects. And he would still have to take the meds if the formula makes him feel better.
Should I give him Nat Phos 6x? I live in Nicaragua and we don't have homeopathic clinics or stores. I was lucky enough yesterday to find a doctor that says is a homeopath and sells the remedies. But I prefer to check with an expert like you and buy the remedies from her. Should I follow the advice on how to administrate Nat Phos 6x that you gave the other moms?
Please help us!
[message edited by acich on Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:07:56 GMT]
[message edited by acich on Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:12:34 GMT]
acich on 2012-01-10
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.