≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Addicted to rice eating

Dear doctor,
It is for one of my cousin.She is aged 36 married and mother of two.Height is 5ft 4 inches and weight is 70.For a year she is eating rice when she is get tensioned .we consult a doctor and confirm that she is not anemiac .we test her blood and hemoglobin level is normal.Now she has only day to day life tension,and willing to quit this problem but can't.she is totally addicted to this rice eating.so kindly suggest some remedies to help her from this problem.
Thanking you
[message edited by sv3731 on Wed, 11 Jan 2012 06:50:30 GMT]
  sv3731 on 2012-01-11
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
do you mean 'rice'?
brisbanehomoeopath 9 years ago
Sorry for spelling mistake.It is rice not rise.
sv3731 9 years ago
You do realise that we don't have specific remedies to stop someone eating rice.

As a craving, it might fit into the overall picture of her health that would decide which remedy we choose.

Even then, a craving is not usually a very important symptom in the hierarchy of symptoms. There should be many other more important symptoms in the case.

However, why is eating rice such an issue that you need it cured? Rice is not an inherently unhealthy food like sweets for example. Particularly if she is eating brown rice instead of white.
brisbanehomoeopath 9 years ago
But over eating of rice may cause liver problems.Now a days she becomes more fatty,without food increase.she is eating white rice not brown.we need a habit or emotion stopping remedy not for eating rice.she is willing to stop this habit but temptation doesn't allow her.
sv3731 9 years ago
I have never heard of liver problems coming from white rice. As a processed grain, a 'white' grain, it certainly is not as nutritious as the whole version, and there could certainly be issues with the high glycemic index.

It certainly isn't the best food that she could eat, but it certainly isn't dangerous.

Regardless of that, the only way to get anyone to change their behaviour with homoeopathy, is to have a full case taken. As health begins to come into the person's life, you will often find that they naturally seek to eat better.

For a full case to be taken, the person would need to agree to fill in one of the various intake forms used by different practitioners here.
brisbanehomoeopath 9 years ago

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.