passkey, kuldeep etc .... Info on Carcinosin plsHi,
I'm wondering if the homeopaths can give me some deeper information about Carcinosin as i have been researching with interest this complex remedy and the more I read the more the remedy picture and its various phases seem to fit with me...as in, I seem to be a Carcinosin type.
Specifically I have been reading Materia Medica of Carcinosin which , if you scroll down the page, is :
What I am confused about is , at what point would a homeopath go with this remedy for someone like myself, and what would its effects be?
Is this remedy specific to cancer , prevention of/treatment of? There is one death by lung cancer from my aunt on my mother's side, this is all in my family.
The key features as Carcinosin relates to me (all the harsh stuff) are
Over-developed sense of responsibility, alcholic father, fear of abandonment, chronic eczema, asthma, issues always with lung & skin, fearfulness, deeply sensitive and creative without the encouragement to 'blossom'. Very 'adult' environment to grow up in. Not enough play. Lots of adult emotions/intensities which I 'took on'. Also
jaundice at birth.
Authority issues, early sexual behaviour, drug use (experimentation , not addiction), heightened emotions at all times, rebelliousness,confusion, misunderstood, asthma & eczema abated but gave way to acne (roaccutane x 2 courses) and ALL SKIN related issues. Susceptibility to infection -frequent colds/flus etc. Candida. Anxiety. Lack of faith in oneself, the world in general... Lack of ambition, direction. Poor self-esteem. Allergies. Food sensitivities. Allergy to penicillin. Constipation. Difficulty moving on / letting go .. PERFECTIONISM (but then, I am a virgo..)
Adulthood - (am 27yrs old)
Health picture (emotinal/physical/spiritual) MUCH improved due to complementary health and healing practices. Acne under control. On silicea for mild scarring - working well. Silicea WORKS WELL on all levels with me. However, I feel like I am 'stuck', lacking in energy , 'burnt out' from the emotional intensity of my life and not sufficiently involved in exterior world from pressures of my interior.
Still have issues with moving on and letting go. Fear of failure. Tendency to sadness, lethargy, regrets. Perfectionist. BIG on detail.
GENERALITIES: am cold person, like moderate warmth but not extremes. Love rain, thunderstorms when am indoors. Like most foods. Dislike feeling too full. Happy in my own company.
Any more info, I'll be happy to provide.
carlotta on 2005-08-04
BUT there are pointers to Ars Alb (perfectionism)
Have a look at that .
Bluey whites to the eyes as a baby. Easy tan skin , some difficulty sleeping,early inflammatory illness, cancer in family history.
walkin last decade
I'm interested in WHY the Carcinosin and what it would be affecting/effecting in me.
Have read on another previous post that Carcinosin produced a virulent skin rash in weeks after. Er, please no MORE rashes, acne etc etc ..this does not sound appealing to me , what with my prevalence of skin issues !
carlotta last decade
carlotta last decade
Wait 3 weeks to judge any result, and report- before if poblems.
walkin last decade
carlotta last decade
i have many of the same symptoms as yours and my main problem is perfectionism leading to depression and anxiety, low self esteem , etc (no known family history of cancer). I tried Carcinocinum CM (Dr. Willmar schwabe labs germany) and took, i believe, three doses at about 6 month intervals...I DONT THINK THAT IT HELPED ME AT ALL...even if it did , it might have been so subtle that i didnt appreciate it.
..another interesting thing...there are more that one types of carcinocin..the one available in USA is made from one breast tumor while the one in europe is from 15 - 48 tumors !! Both have diff effects..... (see http://www.tinussmits.nl/english/dynamic.htm?main=http://www.tinussmits.com/english/inspiring/carcinosinum/intro.htm
I was very hopeful that it would cure me but maybe i didnt use the RIGHT carcinocin !? maybe there was some other miasmatic BLOCK? WHO KNOWS?
...homeo is still in its infancy and there is lack of standardisation and much variation in its practice.
Hope that helps
Alfalfa Q last decade
carlotta last decade
Carc. is a very powerful medicine, but it is rarely a constitutional remedy. Often it is used after a constitutional remedy only if there are problems.
I recommend that the patients who are talking about Carcinocin use this form and complete it in a new discussion so that a homeopath can give their case the study necessary to help them identify their correct remedy.
Patient ID: Sex: Age: Nature of work: Habits:
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
Homeopathy International 1 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.