≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Spreading skin rash on my 2 yr old

Hello everyone. About 5 or 6 days ago I noticed a rash on my 2 yr old's genital area. It was not a typical diaper rash. It looked like a bunch of red dots all clustered together. The following night he had a high fever which lasted slightly more than 24 hours. Following this, the rash became a brighter red and began to spread down his legs, and around his mouth. Today it is also further down his legs, on his feet, his arms and on his nose. He doesn't complain of itching, only pain. They look like a bunch of red blisters, some look a little yellow kind of like a pimple. And many of them are just flat and slightly rough. When he first had the fever I gave him one dose of aconite 30c because this is usually his remedy when he has a fever and it did nothing. The next morning when I was able to read the repertory, it seemed that bryonia was the correct remedy. I gave him one dose of 30x; this is the only potency of bry. that I have. It really seemed to alleviate his mental symptoms, and he slept better after that. But the rash still spreads. My questions are: 1. what might this be? 2. should I repeat bry in same potency or a higher potency, or maybe look for a different remedy? Any input would be greatly appreciated
  kvert89 on 2012-06-03
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
He may be having chicken pox. In that case it may subside on it's own.
kadwa last decade
Thank you kadwa. Yes, I never got the 'official' diagnosis, but whatever the rash was, it is beginning to go away very quickly and none of my other children have caught it. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
kvert89 last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.