large painful cystic acne mainly on jaw line, chin, and cheeks developed 1-2 years agoI am 22 year old female and have never suffered from cystic acne before. In highschool I would occasionally have a few pimples appear, but other than that I have always had beautiful skin. About a year and a half ago I was prescribed orthotricyclin birth control which did amazing wonders for my skin, but made me a crazy basket case and completly screwed up my thinking, behavior, and emotions so I had to get off immediantly after I found out it was the cause. During the same time I was dealing with emotional and physical stress due to a bad realationship I was in which then resulted in seeing doctors and therapists and being diagnosed with depression and generalized anxiety. I then started drinking heavily,smoking cigarettes, and marijuana and living an unhealthy lifestyle. They prescribed me meds for my depression and anxiety swtiching them around to find something that worked for me. After a couple of months of being on them everything cleared up, my anxiety is better(Still there sometimes) but not nearly as bad and my depression is gone except from what I feel now from the cystic acne. I stopped living the way I was and started to be healthier because i saw what it was doing to my body..I do still smoke cigarettes though because im so stressed out over all of this. After that my life went back to normal except over time I kept seeing more and more acne and it was worsening. About 8 months ago is when it got the worst and I havent been able to control it or find anything to make it better. I have been on minocylcline, bactrim,a sulfer face wash, and used otc products...nothing is working!!! They are getting worse and appearing really red, deep rooted, and in clusters all along my jawline a couple of cystic ones on my chin and forehead occasionally and tinier ones on my cheeks they seem to never go away. The ones on my jawline are the WORST and UGLIEST! I am sure to believe it is hormonal because that has been the reason for alot of my problems ( depression,anxiety, mood swings, etc., but my gyno and dermatologist seem to have no sympathy or logical solution they just want to use me as a guiney pig and keep 'testing out' stuff trying to find something that will eventually work it is causing me self-esteem issues I feel so ugly and don't even want to be social anymore!! If anyone can help AT ALL..give advice on what to do/ what not to do or has experienced the same thing please read and help me!I have learned alot so far on my diet and what foods could be triggering it and plan to cut dairy out of my diet. I am desperate and REALLY don't want to use accutane as a last resort! Thank You so much!
Jlynn11 on 2012-08-14
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa 9 years ago
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Cystic acne mostly along my jawline, chin,cheeks, and occasionally on my forehead.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
sometimes back pain or stomach discomfort
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? I feel like stress and obsssesing over having a clear complextion is taking over my life. I feel depressed and discouraged about it like there is nothing I can do and everything is revolving around it.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Discouraged, ugly, worthless,failure and hopleless
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
A bad time in my life about 2 years ago I was in a bad relationship and then we had a bad break up. I was partying doing drugs, heavily drinking, fighting with family and friends and feeling bad about myself and what i was doing to myself and everyone around I just lost hope and didnt care anymore
6. Which time of the day you are worst? Mornings when I wake up or before bedtime.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Things that aggravated are opinions/ suggestions i dont like or agree with, being told what to do or how to do it, talked about, made fun of. I do like being comforted and supported and to feel loved and cared about. I dont like anger and stress around me i like to feel happy and at peace.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
I think I need a change of place physically, mentally and emotionally. I would like to enjoy life and little things more often and not worry and stress so much.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? I prefer to be in hot weather because of the activities you can do but I hate being hot. Humid weather bothers me, I like cold weather but not freezing. My favorite is sunny with a breeze
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am mostly sensitive, easily offended,arguing, out-going, playful, suspicious/paranoid, I have alot of feelings and emotions
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? I mostly enjoy them, I feel relaxed
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? Yes very much
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? Yes
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc? Nail biting, playing with hair, and smoking cigarettes
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? I get upset/annoyed with my family often, no children, and I get along with my boyfriend pretty well we barely fight and if we do its over how we have made the other feel in a situation or conversation.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? Snakes,sometimes heights, people I love dying or leaving me, and not being as successful as I want to be. No I do not
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I crave salty, spicy food and snacks(popcorn,pretzels,soups,potatos,french fries, chips, hot sauce, salsa) Im not much of a sweet eater but sometimes crave cookies and brownies
. There is nothing really that I cant stand
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal lately I have been more thristy than normal
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? I get hungry very often and if I wait to long to eat i have stomach pains/discomfort, light headed and cranky
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? None that I know of I usually can eat everything
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? I am very hot natured and get hot/sweat easily it is usually under my arms my stomach,chest, and arms. My feet and hands get clamy often.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? usually normal or a little on the constipated side stool is normal consistency
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? Lately I have had trouble going to sleep and have been tossing and turning, hot, night sweats, wierd dreams that wake me up and some nights I sleep perfectly fine. I sleep on my side or stomach with my legs bent up
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? Yes
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all? I dont feel that other people are as unhappy with themselves or how there life has gone at times, I feel like I am one of the only one's letting problems and stress get me down.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I have taken lexapro,zoloft,abilify,xanax,lamictal,minocycline, and bactrim
22. What major diseases are running in your family? Diabetes,Anemia,Depression, High-blood pressure, and Altheizmers
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
White, petite, 5'3, 115-120 pounds
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general?
Usually regular between 2-3 days of when I am suppossed to start, but the last one was a week and a half early.
How long do they last? Usually 3 or 4 days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
Yes before and during periods I break out worse than usual, I become easily aggravated, short-tempered, moody, sad,and sometimes angery.
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive? Normal sometimes scanty. Never excessive
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery? It is usually a normal blood color with a little brownish
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
Jlynn11 9 years ago
off the market in 2009- the other name for it is
isotretinoin-which maybe is still being prescribed-??
There is major lawsuits in USA for accutane for liver
damage, mental illness, suicides and so on and on-
same for the generic version - isotretinoin- Don't
fool around with this drug-unless you want to be in
really bad shape.
♡ simone717 9 years ago
Jlynn11 9 years ago
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 1 drop in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine. No smoking one hour before or after.
[message edited by kadwa on Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:50:07 BST]
♡ kadwa 9 years ago
Jlynn11 9 years ago
♡ kadwa 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.