≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

PHPV and congential cataract with high myopia.

This is about my nephew.
1) He is 4.5 years old now. The baby had been diagnosed with congenital partial cataract in his left eye 2 months after birth. We were suggested to wait for couple of years and follow up by Sankar Netralaya Chennai in 2008 because the visual axis wa clear. Currently also cataract is not blocking the visual axis.
2) We got a diagnosis last year that eye has mild anterior and posterior Persistent HyperplasticPrimary Vitreous(PHPV).
Ultrasound report shows a thin membrane between lens and retina.
It has been suggested by the doctors that PHPV was present since birth but was missed in earlier diagnosis.
3) The same eye is highly myopic and larger than normal , he is also avoiding vision from that eye. Not able to see the objects clearly from more far than 1 ft if not using spects. This is also suggested to be present by birth.
4) Childs both parent don't have any health related problem .
5) Mother's Sister's daughter had been diagnosed similar partial congenital cataract and was operated at the time of birth because it was blocking the visual axis.
6)Mother's father has high sugar.
7)Child does not have any heath issues apart from this.
Patching with spectacles of around -26 Sphere,-3 Cylinder at 180 degree number has been prescribed . He can identify objects upto 2-3 ft using spects with patching if the object is placed alone (not in a group of multiple objects) , he can also identify colors and people from more distance around 2-3 meter.
Grateful for your kind help.
  deepakt on 2012-10-02
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.