≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

allergic reaction to Tea Tree

Hi guys

I used some Tea Tree cream on my cuts ( got from a friends new kitten!) and the cuts are healing really well but the area around them has completely rashed like I have had an allergic reaction.I ma very tempted to get my Hydrocortizone out as its sore and scarey - what can I do ? its red blotch and hot.
  emma.devaise on 2005-08-31
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
It seems like you have a bacterial infection which has resulted from the skin above the scratches healing and locking up the bacteria deep down. This has nothing to do with the Tea Tree cream.

Do not use any Hydrocortizone as this can only make your problem worse.

I am not sure if any Homeopathic remedy can help you but in your shoes, I would advise you to use an antibiotic internally which you will have to consult a doctor about.
Joe De Livera last decade

I am not a doctor, but wanted to share an experience with tea tree oil.

A few years ago I put some tea tree oil (TTO) on a rash on my thigh. I had used TTO for years for many things. But when I put it on the rash, I developed an allergic reaction. My whole leg swole up, became red, hot and very itchy/painful. After a week it slowly got better. A few months later I was using TTO to rid my children of a case of head lice (it works beautifully!). By getting the TTO on my hands, I broke out into a major systemic allergic reaction. It seems now that I am allergic to TTO and cannot even touch the bottle. I think it is because when I put it on the rash, there was broken skin. Before using it on the rash, I had never used TTO on broken skin.

So, I don't use TTO any more, with regret.

Good luck!
jford last decade
jford last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.