≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum




Boiron Arnicare ®: $11.99


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

leg pain, posting for someone else that can't come here...please help...Joe De Livera, or Sabra

Back in April I started to have pain in my lower right leg about 2-3 weeks after completing a 5K (I'm 28 years old). In addition to the pain there was some mild swelling and a purplish mark below my knee. I was sent to an orthopedic clinic by my pcp where they took X-rays and found nothing wrong with the bone. At this time a chronic compartmental syndrome was mentioned as a possiblity and I was sent home with NSAIDs and told not to engage in any running or jumping activities and come back in four weeks. I went back and saw a different doctor who ordered an MRI. The MRI showed fluid around my ankle but nothing in the shin area where the pain is mostly centered. When I walk i get shooting pains from the center of my leg going down to my ankle and up to my knee. In addition, there have been four incidents when I was walking or driving and had a sharp pain and upon looking at my leg noticed a bruise type mark where the pain was. The ortho doctor today told me that by looking at the MRI he couldn't identify where the pain was coming from or tell me why there was fluid in my ankle. He told me to resume running slowly and to continue to take the NSAIDs and come back in 3-4 months. I feel like he didn't have time or want to mess with me regarding this and it is so frustrating because in between ortho visits when I was out of town I have went to other doctors because of severe pain who all gave me different opinions and some short term narcotic pain kills and said to see the ortho to find out more. I am completely at a loss of what to do and looking for some advice. I thought about going to another pcp but almost feel like what is the use because no one will care. Any ideas?

I hope you can help, let me know if you have any questions for me to ask
  upnorth on 2005-09-08
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Please follow the folling instructions:

DO NOT RUN TILL YOU ARE OK. In fact do not even walk.

Rest your leg as it is obvious that you have sprained your ankle where you have the swelling.

Use the 2 remedies Arnica 30c and Bryonia 30 c in the Wet Dose made as follows:

The method used to make the Wet Dose is as follows:

Get a 500ml bottle of Spring Water from your nearest supermarket.
Pour out 100ml
Drop in 3 pellets or 1 drop of liquid Arnica and Bryonia 30c into the 400ml water.
Cap the bottle tightly and succuss it 4-6 times by banging on your palm and look out for the air bubbles to fizzle up from the bottom.
Pour out 1 teaspoonful of the potentized remedy and sip it twice daily with the last dose taken last thing at night.

Please note that separate bottles must be used for each remedy.

Take 2 doses of each remedy daily leaving a hour or preferably 2 between each dose.

Report response in 3 days
Joe De Livera last decade
Thanks Joe, I'll post this to this person. It may take a bit for a response, this person still has to find the homeopathic remedy first. I'm trying to help a person from a different board that doesn't allow any personal contact or emails...it makes it difficult, it would of been much easier to just send them to you than be the go between. Sure hope it works out. We will see.
upnorth last decade
Joe, now realize this person has no clue about homeopathics, next that the board I'm posting on wants us only to share support and offer suggestions, but this girl needs some help and that's why I'm writing to you. She finally posted back and this is what she wrote.
Yeah I realized after I ran it was a dumb thing to do but the kids loved the fact that I was willing to run with them and push them harder. We have our final city wide meet this friday but I have been training them from the side lines. I am definately not a marathon runner but it is hard to stand by and watch because I do enjoy running so very much. I took your advice and tried the "potions" and stayed off my leg all weekend. It seemed to help a little particularly with the bruising (which seemed to tone down a bit in color) but yesterday just from walking around the small school grounds the bruising came back and the pain started again. I took some anti-inflammatories, which I laid off of for a few weeks, but after having taken them yesterday I got pains in my lower right abdomen under my ribs and it felt a little swollen. The whole swelling thing kind of freaked me out yesterday so I called and changed my primary care physican today and made an appointment with the new person for mid October. I am going to start the regimine you suggested again. Maybe if I do it for more then three days it will get better before the October appointment and I can cancel it. Thanks again for your suggestions....it did seem like I got a temporary hiatus from the pain even if it didn't last that long. I will keep you posted.
Thanks again. kelly
I'll wait for you to write what you think before posting back to her. I wish I could just tell her to come directly here but I'ld be banned from that board, so this is the only option. Thanks in advance. Diana
upnorth last decade
Please request your friend to use the 2 remedies that I prescribed for a few days and report. If she cannot get the Bryonia she can use the Arnica only as I believe that this should help her as long as she rests the leg.

Also advise her not to use anti-inflamatories as they can only make a bad situation infinitely worse as she has discovered already.
Joe De Livera last decade
Will do. Thank you for being so quick to reply. Will let you know if she posts back. Diana
upnorth last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.