Hair Loss issueHello! Thank you for taking time to read my post! I feel that Homeopathy might help me to overcome my illness and hope to find a right protocol for myself(I would really like to make an appointment to a good homeopath too so when I can afford it I will do it right away!).
I am experiencing a hair loss. My problem has started several years ago and reappeared after my baby was around 6 month old. Before my pregnancy I was really in distress trying to mentally cope with devastating hair foliage so it was a bit of a relief during the pregnancy when from time to time I didn't have hair fall. Unfortunately again I am experiencing this issue.
After reading about different constitutions I started believing that my type was Lyccopodium! So I bought a remedy 6c and started taking it twice a day, 2 pellets a time. I felt that I started feeling mentally better almost right away. But my little son who I am breastfeeding felt very disturbed especially when sucking my milk and I could hear the sound of gases in his belly. I suspect being flatulent made him feel very uncomfortable. Of course after discovering this issue with my son I stopped taking the remedy.
A week later my sister was going to see her homeopath(she brings her little daughter to him) and I asked her to check with her homeopath if the remedy had have given the symptoms to my son or not. She inquired him about my question and first he asked her about the reason I decided to take Lyccopodium. She didn't know the reason why I was taking it so she just said that she wasn't sure...The doctor told her that I shouldn't take this remedy no matter what and that he was positive that my son had symptoms because of this medicine.
The second remedy which I had a big promise to was Silicae since it also matches many of my symptoms. I bought Silicae 6c and started taking it twice a day for two days. I do not know if it was a coincidence but I was waking up with very heavy head and was irritable for two mornings in a row. So I stopped taking it too.
I am puzzled about the whole situation!
Should I take constitutional(200 potency) remedy or to stick with low potency?
What should I do in order not to harm my son while I am breastfeeding?
Could Silicae give me this mental brain-fag and sence of irritability?
Why my sister's homeopath told her that I didn't take Lyccopodium?
Please, dear homeopaths, give me your insights about my problem. I would greatly appreciate any opinion! I want to be cured if the right for me remedy exists! Thank you.
[message edited by lisa1981 on Tue, 02 Jul 2013 04:48:28 BST]
[message edited by lisa1981 on Tue, 02 Jul 2013 15:11:50 BST]
lisa1981 on 2013-07-02
Seems that you are proving Silicea. Please do not take any deep acting Homeopathic remedy now, without consulting a Classical Homeopath, as you are breast feeding your child.
Make sure that you are taking a nutritious diet.
Dr.Saravanan last decade
Patients can use this questionnaire for submitting their cases. The effectiveness of remedy selection is directly proportional to the details provided by the patient while replying these questions.
Patient ID: Sex: Age:
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. What are your main complaints ?
How it happened: _________
How it happened: _________
How it happened: _________
2. What physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Any kind of vaginal itching or discharge
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
libra981 last decade
here is the answered questionnaire:
patient id: sex:female age: 32
1. what are your main complaints ?
complaint (a):_hair loss_________
how it happened: it has started around the age i was 24 years old as far as i remember_________
complaint (b):____inclination to worry about small and big things(health issues of myself and relatives at most)___
how it happened: _i don not remember how it happened. i guess i was always probe to be this kind of person but with time it has become worse. i am trying to work on myself since i am aware about my inclination to worry about things. i somehow inproved but still worrysome is a big part of my personality_____
complaint (c):__weak memory/logical capability/concentration________
how it happened: _i believe it has started happening the time i was 28 years old.
complaint (d) : low confidence
how it happened: I was always this kind of person even though i used to always manage to hide it from everybody
2. what physical sufferings do you have in your body?
hair loss. restless leg syndrome after pregnancy.
3. what mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? low confidence. helplessness. sadness. felling of worry/anxiety
4. what exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
helpnessness. impaired thinking.
5. when did it all start? can you connect it to any past event or disease?
I don think it started after this accident but in my 20's I was a partygoer for about a couple of years. unfortunately for me i was so stupid to make bad choices while trying recriational drugs with my friends. being grown up and having my kid now i am so ashamed about wrong choices in my 20-23 years old life. nowddays i eat almost organic very nutritional food, dring clean water, no cigarettes, no alchohol. but i still feel a great remorse about my past.
6. which time of the day you are worst?
it is really hard to answer this question. but i can tell that i feel worse mentally when i am home by myself without support of my husband, familly because this is usually the time i think about what can happen to my health.
7. what are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
bad thoughts. being alone without my family
8. do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
6 years ago i immigrated from my home country to the u.s. it wasn't the easiest transformation since i didn't know english but personally i do not think that my moving was the major event to aggrevate my condition. moreover, it do not feel like menses make my condition worse since my hair loss happens every day.
9. when do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? i do not like when it is humid and hot. i think the perfect weather for me is mild dry temperature.
10. describe your general mental set up? are you moody, arrogant, mild, agreeable changeable, nervous, suspicious, easily offended, quiet, arguing, irritating, lazy etc.
I am prone to worry. I might be moody even though since I am aware of my moodiness i try to improve this trait by positive affirmations.I had never been jealous but a couple of years ago i started having this feeling about others' achievments(it drives me nuts because the least I want to do in my life is to be jealous towards pther people but I really want to be happy about others).
- how do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? I would say that i like thunderstores
- do you like being consoled during your tough times? yes. i feel a great relief when my family supports me with positive words.
- are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? from my childhood i was a person who like to smell everything. it is even a joke in my family. also, even though i like good music and in my 20's i used to listen to it loudly, nowadays I prefer to set up it on low. also, i use earplugs at night because a fan or air conditioner work soundly for me
- do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc? I used to bite my lips. I try to be aware about this problem but sometimes(usually at night time in a state of sleepiness) I still do it.
- how do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? I love them very much. they are the people who make me happy. even though I am irritated from time to time towars my older sister but I love her so much too
11. what are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? I do not have repeated dreams. my fears to become senile, to lose my hair.
12. what do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions? I can't say that I crave something in particular. but definetely I like good quality organic meat, dairy products, freshly home baked bread nad other dough goods.
13. how is your thirst: less, normal or excessive?
normal. I used to not dring as much water in the past since my husband always pours me a glass of water for healthy benefits. so I got used to drinking much water.
14. how if your hunger: less, normal or excessive?
i used to eat have binges in the past. but now i have healthy attitude towards food because I learned more about my body and the food.
15. is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
i used to be flatulent years ago because of fermented food, cabbage. but nowdays I improved my digestion and do not experience this issue so can eat all those foods more freely.
16. is your sweat normal or less or more? where does it sweat more: head, trunk or limbs? i am not a really sweaty person.
17. how is your bowel movement and stool type? I used to have diarrea before exams in the past.my stool was always on a loose side. I used to meed to go to the restroom ogten since I couldn't eliminate everything at one time. nowadays it has improved because i take fiber reach food,my diet is improved, am more aware about mind/body connection.
how well do you sleep? do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
after my pregnancy I started having a different sleep pattern. if something gets me awake while i am tired and alling asleep-I might have some troubles to fall back asleep. i am prone to need around 9-10 hours of sleep to feel mentally good.
19. do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? I am not the person who initiate sex by herself. i am not experiencing orgasm so often. I wasn't aware of the issues of vaginal dryeness but having been itchy in that area after pregnancy my doctor said to use moisturizer which I think is helpfull for inchiness. so now I think that all this years of not being inclined to have much pleasure during the intercorse, the problem might have been not enough moisture in that area.
20. how do you think you are different from others, if at all?
i am a sensitive person. I am kind of weak even though I am trying to hide this trait from everybody.
21. what medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
I do not take any medicine since i was pregnant and now breastfeeding. i take ocasionally organic whole food multivitamines. in the past( 4 years ago) when I had issues with anxiety/aggravated low self-esteem while being in public, a doctor prescribed my sssr which was so stupid to take in low dose for 8 months. during the time of takeng this poisonous medicine I started losing lots of hair( even moe than before taking this prescribtion).
22. what major diseases are running in your family?
not major esease as far as I am concerned. my grand mother had ashma, diabitis. my mother is also a big worrier, as well as my older sister so I kind od inherited this mentsl state of being anxious from my mother.
23. describe, how do you look like? describe your overall appearance I have lost a lot of hair and my hair are much thinner than 10 years ago but I do not have bold parts. I am normastenic with not big breasts, with inclination to have fat deposits on my belly and waist area. my height is 5.4', my afterpregnancy weight is 63 kg( i thing to come back to my after pregnancy 54 kg after i stop breastfeeding).
24. (only for females)
please answer the following questions:
(please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)my last menstruation was 5 days long with a little pain during the first day. b
- are the periods early, regular or late in general? how long do they last? they last for about 5 days. they are heavier after pregnanct then before pregnancy. but I have never had scancy or profuse menses. even though before pregnancy I used to have pain managed by ibuprofen during first two days of mestruation.
- do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods? none
- is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- is the blood thick bright red or pale watery? more thick bright red
- any kind of vaginal itching or discharge
- dryness yes,, I have vaginal dieness which I wasn't aware for long time
- do you notice any clots in the flow? no
thank you for your kindness and help! I wish you all the best! I would be grateful to hear a reply!
[message edited by lisa1981 on Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:33:01 BST]
[message edited by lisa1981 on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 02:09:18 BST]
[message edited by lisa1981 on Wed, 03 Jul 2013 02:31:16 BST]
lisa1981 last decade
Please take sepia 200c one dose on three consective days and report back after 7 days. 5 drops in some 4 spoon of water.
libra981 last decade
Uccording to my answered questionnaire, Kadwa in my othe post advised I take Pulsatilla 200 3 doses and to wait for 15 days.
I am waiting for Pulsatilla to be delivered by mail.
Do you strongly believe to start with Sepia?
I appreciate your and Kadwa's opinions,
lisa1981 last decade
You have two posts on same issues. No two people will exactly agree on
a remedy. You have to decide to follow one person. You cannot have
two prescribers on here and two different treatment threads.
Obviously Libra did not know your case had another thread and was
being studied and prescribed for by Kadwa.
Please decide and then stay on that thread.
♡ simone717 last decade
Kashif, I believe that one of two of the remedies, Pulsatilla or Sepia, might greatly improve my health (or one taken after another).
I think it is fair for me to follow Kadwa's thread since we started working with him already.
Kashif, please, tell me though your opinion about Pulsatilla and breastfeeding. I am asking because I've read your comment in one of the posts that after your wife had taken Pulsatilla 200 ( a few doses) she had no milk after the baby was born. Did I get it right? Do you see correlation between the remedy and milk supply? Was she able to overcome this issue by herself?
Sorry for bombarding you with this questions! But since you had have this issue beforehand, I would be very thankful to hear from you about this particular matter.
Thank you very much.
And again, I am very grateful to be able to be ask all immersing in my head questions!!!
lisa1981 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.