≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

2.5 yrs female toddler may have enlarged adenoids

Today i tood my daughter to the ENT as she snores and breaths hard. ENT did basic checks on her and said she was sure she had enlarged adenoids. I resisted when she mentioned surgery so she offered Nasonex which is an steroid .
I dont want to try this and rather do homepoathy, how can i start?
She wakes up about 1 to 3 hours after she goes to sleep. Her head and torso is soaking in sweat even if in light clothes and with a fan plus the ac, not sure if is related...she behaves very well during the day but i can hear her at night stoping breathing ( she comes to my bed when she wakes up and i dont mind chaning this as i can monitor her breathing) and her hard breathing all, the time, she sounds as she is having a cold all the time. How do i start? Thanks.
  Phoffman on 2013-10-30
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Pl give her

1. Tuberculinum-1m only one dose of 6 pills at bed time
Next day : no medicines at all
Then start
2. Calc Carb-30 6 pills twice a day
3. Baryata Carb-30 6 pills twice a day

Pl keep 30-40 minutes gap between 2 and 3

Pl take the treatment for 15 days and then give feedback

R.P. Tamhankar
shouse_nsk 6 years ago
Hello Phoffman,

I think this is too many remedies at once. Especially if
you don't know anything about homeopathy.

Here are some links to read, and you can read more
if you put enlarged adenoids into the top forum search
box and read the threads.http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/133768/

Last article is by a homeopath in Southern California.
I think it is best for kids to go see a homeopath in person
or do skype appt. You can look up qualified homeopaths
near you also, there are more diagnostic tools to use
when you actually see the child.

This forum has only a few practicing homeopaths, you
can click people names who post and see who they are and what
experience levels are.
[message edited by simone717 on Wed, 30 Oct 2013 04:33:11 GMT]
simone717 6 years ago
Based on the symptoms you have provided, a single dose of CALC CARB 30C should start a reaction in your child. Repeat the remedy only on relapse of symptoms.
rishimba 6 years ago
Thank you Simone717.
You menitoned a consultaiton via SKypem, do you knw where I can find Homeopaths that can offer this service?
thanks again!
Phoffman 6 years ago
Dear Pilar,

Just click on the second link I put in and when
that site of Dr. Yurkovsky shows up, click online
consultation button. You will see she has a
button for skype consultations, after you have
done an intake form and she decides if this is
a safe way to do your case.

Many homeopaths use Skype as it is next best
to seeing you in person. I think this person
is very qualified, however if you want to let me
know where you are, I can give more choices-
as sometimes people want people who are in
their country or want someone in the world who
has already done a lot of the same type cases.


simone717 6 years ago
Thank you!
I currently live in Houston Texas, USA.
Thank you so much for your quick reply
Phoffman 6 years ago
Hi Pilar,

Here is another homeopath in your town,
he is also an MD and he is on a list
recommended by other homeopaths-
quite a lot of experience.http://homeopathyyes.com
simone717 6 years ago
Thank you so much. Got calc carb today at whole foods from boiron. Gave her one dose 1hr before bed. Should i repeat the dose tomorrow? I will definitely book an appoinment with the Houston doctor, thank you so much for taking the time to find him.
Phoffman 6 years ago
Rishimba may comment at some point as he advised
this remedy for you.I just happen to be on here now.

But no, you do not give another dose. You wait and
see what the effect is of the dose.
Some things you can expect after a remedy-
1. nothing happens at all-remedy is wrong
2. some worsening of symptoms and then feeling better
3. symptoms get better gradually

In homeopathy, more is not better, you wait to see
the action of the remedy and do not dose again until
old things come back or if better and then there is a
plateau, you can try another dose.

You can read a free book on homeopathy, on the site
of Mary Aspinwall ( homeopath in Santa Barbara)
Click free resources on the right side of her site.

Take care,

simone717 6 years ago
I suggested calc carb based on what you stated about your child. This didn't mean calc had to be the right remedy. This came to my mind when I saw your post.

It is ideal to wait and see if there is any reaction after the first dose. Many a times there is no reaction at all and this can be due to many reasons even if the remedy is correct...like,

- the potency is inadequate to bring about a response.

- the dose didn't get absorbed due to some reason, like contamination etc.

- since we can't confirm the potency, there may be a posibility, its not adequately potentised ( pharmacy problem).

Now, in this case, if you are going to see a homeopath in your city, you don't have to repeat the dose. Otherwise, you can give the full case here and let someone suggest a remedy on totality.
[message edited by rishimba on Thu, 31 Oct 2013 04:05:28 GMT]
rishimba 6 years ago
I have also suggested Calc carb-30c
As single remedy practice becomes very difficult on website where there is no presence of person here, therefore some times it becomes necessary to suggest one more remedy

R.P. Tamhankar
[message edited by shouse_nsk on Thu, 31 Oct 2013 05:48:50 GMT]
[message edited by shouse_nsk on Thu, 31 Oct 2013 05:49:19 GMT]
shouse_nsk 6 years ago
Cal Carb seems to be the right remedy.

The potency of 30c is very low.

I'd start off with 200c, two doses 12 hrs apart.

That's it.

Then just wait for 7-10 days.

Combining many remedies is totally against the principles of classical Hahnemanian homeopathy.
fitness 6 years ago
Glad you are going to the doctor in person, who can
then much more precisely decide what remedy is
needed for the child at this time.
simone717 6 years ago

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.