China officinalis for my son?I would like some advice about dosage and potency of China officinalis for my 9 yr son. I was searching for a remedy that matched his mental picture and China officinalis is about as close as you can get. He is stubborn and difficult with other children, indolent about homework and household tasks, and feels as if everyone is against him when told off. He closes himself off in his fantasy world, is irritable when disturbed and overreacts furiously to minor annoyances. He hates screeching noises, hears rushing noises in his ears, is secretly afraid of animals, loves sweet food, cries and shuts himself off when things go wrong. In conclusion, his mental picture is a perfect match.
I would like to use China officinalis as a constitutional remedy to try and adjust his mental picture a little. He could do with a little help. He's actually very affectionate and intelligent when he allows himself to be, but most of the time he seems to be at cross-purposes to everyone else.
Seeing this is a constitutional thing, should I use a low potency over some time? Please advise me on this. I can give more specific details if needed, I haven't written more because you just have to read the mental picture of China officinalis to know what he's like.
Bondre on 2013-11-18
Generals & Modalities also are to be confirmed. So basically, we are referring to the entire remedy picture.
Once that is done, 200c is a good start.
In my experience, to ascertain response, two doses, 12 hrs apart work.
You can do it yourself through the questions below and see which remedy fits him.
1. Your age & sex
2. Describe your appearance i.e. weight, height, body type
3. What is your main health problem & its symptoms
4. When did this main problem begin
5. Can you relate any event or events which triggered this problem
6. What makes the main problem better
7. What makes it worse
8. What other health problems do you have
9. How do you feel mentally & emotionally (weepy, irritable, restless etc.)
10. Describe your personality (stubborn, easy going, always in a hurry etc.)
11. How do you relax
12. Do you normally fight or flight
13. What animals are you afraid of
14. What situations are you afraid of (heights, closed spaces, ocean, darkness etc)
15. What occupies your mind mostly
16. How do you respond to consolation & sympathy
17. Do you want to stay alone or with people
18. How is your sleep
19. Do you have any recurring dreams
20. What type of weather do you like and how it affects your complaints
21. Do you normally feel hot or cold
22. What type of clothes you wear (tight, loose, around neck etc)
23. What foods you love
24. What foods you hate
25. What taste you love (sweet, salty, sour, bitter)
26. What taste you hate
27. Do you like warm or cold food
28. Do you want to eat indigestible foods (chalk, mud .)
29. How is your thirst (less, moderate, excessive)
30. Do you have dry lips or mouth or both
31. Any coating on tongue first thing in the morning
32. Any taste or smell from your mouth first thing in the morning
33. How is your skin
34. Details about your sweat (where mostly, how much, smell, stain color)
35. Any problems with ears, nose, chest, throat
36. How is your stool (details of how often, consistency, any blood, any particular smell etc.)
37. How is your urine (details of color, smell, any blood etc.)
38. How is your sexual life & desire
39. Males genitals (erection, pain, itching etc.)
40. Females menses details for regularity, flow, clots, discharge other than menses (reply to all these points)
41. What illnesses are running in your family, mothers side & fathers side & brothers/sisters
42. Are you taking any medicines (allopathic or homeopathic)
43. What homeopathic remedies have you taken in the past (potency, dose, approx. time frame)
fitness 8 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.