Sepia remedy for concussion symptomsHello,
Thank you for reading.
I have been dealing with post-concussion symptoms including headaches, pressure, inflated feeling of head lightheadedness, and others.
I was prescribed Sepia 1M to be taken twice daily (two pellets, one dose) for 4-5 days.
After correspondence with a homeopath, I took this remedy for approximately 2 weeks. After taking remedy I felt better, however I was unable to continue seeking the advice of the homeopath and have therefore stopped taking the remedy. It has been months since taking this remedy, but since, I have aggravated my concussion and symptoms of post concussion have arisen again.
I am interested in taking the Sepia remedy again as I found it helpful, though I am unsure how to continue. I am unsure of the dose, strength and period of time and I am seeking advice of others. I am also open to other remedies.
I was thinking of taking the Sepia 1M again in the exact same manner as I was prescribed before...
Thank you very much!
juicyj on 2014-03-24
1. Describe your main suffering? State the correct location.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things that aggravate your suffering and those that ameliorate the same? Example: time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
♡ rishimba 7 years ago
1. Headache after aggravation, i.e. bumps in road, high impact, bumping head etc. Also get lightheaded/foggy head when I exert mind or body, or do not eat/ drink for extended period of time which normally wouldn't affect me. Most of the time my entire head is effected, unless bumps are isolated and sometimes only effect for example, the right side. Sometimes neck and back of head hurt. It depends what and how my head is aggravated.
2. Neck pain intermittently, flashes of light sometimes. Possible emotional issues from circumstances apparent from injury.
3. Mental exertion aggravates injury and brings on symptoms mentioned (headache, foggy head).
4. The headache is mainly a dull pain, but sometimes can be intense. My thinking becomes slower than usual. Head feels heavy/swollen.
5. This is my third major concussion and I believe that is why this injury has had lasting consequences. I have put my head through a lot of trauma and I believe I am paying for it this time. Also, I'm have not let this injury heal. It has been 13 months since the initial injury, but I bumped my head again 6 months ago and aggravated the injury, which was healing quite well.
6. As of now, my symptoms are only present when I aggravate injury. Whether it's from being bumped around, lack of sleep, or food/drink. At early stages, the afternoon and evening were the worst.
7. Already mentioned above. Things like bumps in the road when driving, or jostling head around or bumping it. Also lack of sleep, food or water. Sleep is usually the cure, sometimes laying down and closing eyes is enough to alleviate most of the symptoms. When lightheaded/foggy from lack of food, even after eating, I must sleep to get rid of symptoms. Stress also brings on symptoms readily!
10. Not moody, generally level headed, can be suspicious/paranoid and anxious at times. Pretty quiet and shy.
-noise mainly, light sometimes, strong fragrances sometimes
-chew inside of mouth sometimes, crack knuckles
-I feel they do not understand my injury at times, especially friends. Lately, I am not as interested in seeing friends as I am anxious of aggravating injury. Sometimes emotional when think of recent breakup with girlfriend.
11. My fear is that my injury does not heal and I have to deal with it for the rest of my life. I am also afraid of re injuring and aggravating my injury at all times. Very apprehensive.
12. I crave bread and sweets usually.
15. Recently I have discovered that Bananas do not agree with my stomach anymore, strange. I think its unrelated.
16. I believe its normal.
17. Bowel movements normal for the most part.
18. Sleep well generally, side sleeper.
20. None I can think of
21. I do not and have not taken medication. I take a multi vitamin and magnesium. Also eat coconut oil for its fat content for brain. Have taken sepia remedy for short time.
22. Type 2 Diabetes, self induced. Other significant health problems including high blood pressure, also self induced from obesity and poor maintenance of health. One great grandparent had leukaemia at young age.
23. Male, brown hair, green eyes, big cheeks, approx 5'9 5'10. Big legs, normal upper body, a little overweight (around 10 - 15 lbs).
25. No major diseases
Thank you so much for your time and knowledge! I look forward to your response.
juicyj 7 years ago
I would suggest you to take ARNICA 30C one dose a day for some days, lets say a week and then observe your condition for the next week.
If you do not change at all, go higher with 200C and take a single dose a day for some three to four days max. Again stop for a week and watch your condition.
You should be doing much better after ARNICA.
You may share your observations after about 15 days.
[message edited by rishimba on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 05:15:51 GMT]
♡ rishimba 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.