hairloss at the scalp but unwanted hair on bodyI am 27 years old and suffer from hair fall from pat 6-7 years. but of late the hair has thinned very much and my scalp can be seen very clearly.hair fall has increased over past 2 years despite any noticeable change in my lifestyle. I have undergone treatment at Dr. Batra's clinic for a year without any improvement and then a dose of arnica Q and arnica 30 as prescribed by Dr. Joe again with not much improvement and hence am forced to write again. I am medium height with built on the heavier side and have unwanted body hair on back and neck. Is this a symptom of hormonal imbalance? Moreover a friend of mine had gotten rid of body hair by using Thuja medication. Can i also use it without any side-affect on my hair on the scalp? Please suggest some remedy.
cassini10 on 2014-05-04
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experience and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? State the correct location.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things that aggravate your suffering and those that ameliorate the same? Example: time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
♡ rishimba 6 years ago
thanks a lot for your reply. I am posting the answers to your questions. Please let me know if I need to elaborate on something.
1. I currently suffer from hair loss and dandruff at the crown and on the temples. Also the texture of my hair is very thin right from childhood.I have undergone treatment with Dr. Batra's homeopathy clinic but there was no improvement rather I started getting waxing deposit at the base of thin and small hair and if i tried pulling the waxy deposit, the hair too used to come out.I am currently residing in Mysore,India.
2.Apart from this i don't have any suffering but my weight is on the higher side which i am trying to reduce. I also have substantial body hair on my back and neck.I get cracked heels if i walk barefooted. I also have very light sleep and I wake up 2-3 times in the night.
3.Except hair loss nothing worries me much. But because of hair loss i get very disappointed and resort to all kind of treatment I read about or am told about somewhere.
4. I feel helpless about hairloss and having tried almost everything I could, I get my hair shaved in the hope that it may lead to denser thicker hair the next time it grows. I don't feel very confident when I am poked fun at because of looking older than my age but i try to put a brave face by saying it bothers me not while it is actually draining me mentally and emotionally.
5.As i have mentioned i had thin hair right from the beginning, but the loss started getting noticed when i moved some 8 years back from my hometown in Allahabad, UP to study in surathkal, karnataka.It worsened further when i moved to Bangalore 4 years back for job. And i have been trying all possible cures and treatments since.
6. I feel the worst during the noon, 2pm-4pm period.
7.I lose more hair if i comb after taking bath or even if i run my fingers through my scalp. I see hair strands on pillows too so i understand i lose hair due to rubbing too.
8.As it gets hot and sweaty i feel itching in my oily scalp and lose hair trying to itch. apart from that haven't noticed any other external stimuli having any effect on the problem.
9.I like rainy season and winter too. Dry and hot weather is unbearable.
10.I am a jovial fellow most of the time but suffer from terrible mood swings. I pick up arguments very easily and get offended too. Ilike to be at the centre of attention. i like thunderstorms with heavy rain and feel very rejuvenated. yes I like to be consoled as long as i am not being held responsible for the suffering. I find bright light very harsh on me. I bit nails but not that often. I am not married but my family is very supportive.
11. My greatest fear is being second best. I can;t stand being second to anyone. I dream of having missed deadlines, picking up fights with people i like.
12.I like all kind of food but spicy food is my weakness. I like cold and sweet food also.
13. I feel the dryness in my throat most of the time and drink a lot of water.
14.My hunger is normal.
16.I sweat a lot at the head and little at rest of the body.
17. Bowel movement is constipated at times but normal otherwise.
18. I feel comfortable sleeping on my stomach and my sleep is very light. I wake up 2-3 times every night.
19. No. I am not married.
20. I am very insecure about my future and always feel that something more has to be done to secure it. I like to visit places with mountains and sea. I like staying alone at times but am equally comfortable with few people around. I find it vry difficult to trust to people but i trust some blindly. I can;t take criticism and can't bear being made fun of me or my looks. I need reassurances for everything from everyone and very often.
21.I was taking Dr Batra's medication which was some globules and a powder to be applied with olive oil on the scalp. This resulted in that waxy deposit at the bottom of hair which when pulledout brought with it a small and thin hair. After that I was asked to apply that white powder with curd but after a year i saw no improvement and i stopped the medication. after that Dr Joe on this forum suggested arnica 30c to be taken in twice a day and arnica Q to be applied on scalp. I have been doing it but with no improvement. These days i apply livon and wash my hair every alternate days to keep it clean.
22. My father is diabetic and has high blood pressure while my mother suffers from migraine and extreme weakness.
23.I am 5 feet 7 inches with a heavier build. I am slightly overweight but energetic otherwise. i have got good facial hair extending till my neck. I have hair on my back too.My complexion is wheatish and have a big nose.My lips are dark though i don't smoke and i have black lesions on my tongue.
24.I am a man in my late 20s.
25. I have had typhoid some 12 years back and apart from that no major disease so far.I catch cold very easily.
cassini10 6 years ago
As you said, you have been noticing it since your childhood, it will take some months to get cured.
Start the treatment with NAT MUR 200C three doses only. MOrning - Evening - Morning. That is, within 24 hours you will have taken all three doses.
Watch your condition for 15 days and if you see condition of your scalp improving, you should keep taking one dose every 15 days.
You may have to go for 1M potency later if this potency stops working.
Come back after a month and tell me if your scalp has shown improvement.
♡ rishimba 6 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.