≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Stunted growth from neuro disorder

Hi I was 18 when I started having nerve issues after trauma, i lost 30 pounds and shrunk from 6ft to 5'8. Idk what the issue is but im now seeing neurologist and on gluten free diet and vitamins. All the men in my family are really tall and I was supposed to be 6'2 but I think im still losing height when I really want to make up for it. Every inch helps I just turned 20. Is there anything I can do?
  stunted on 2014-08-05
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Have you gained back the weight?

How is your digestion these days?

What was the trauma?

By nerve issues do you mean anxiety, panic disorder?

Were you and are you now taking any medication for this?

Was there a problem with food absorption and gluten and vitamin
deficiency before this happened?
simone717 7 years ago
Hi, I have gained back some of the weight. I still have issues with swallowing and eating high fats. I have nerve shaking in my spine and some bone aches in my back and legs. Also some anxiety and depression. Spent a long tie ruling out issues but now sure its neuro related and not on medicine and I had a vitamin D deficiency but now am taking 1 a day vitamins to help. Still waiting afew weeks till my next neuro apt but I dont think they are gonna treat my growth issues
stunted 7 years ago
Oh and the trauma was I was mauled by a dog at 18months old. Bit near my spinal cord. Always was healthy up till around my highschool graduation
stunted 7 years ago
You are young enough to recover from this, but it sounds
like you have osteoporosis going on from malnourishment.
The main way to recover is to put the weight back on.

Then you have the nerve issues.

What country are you in? Are you getting enough sun each day?
If you have severe Vit D deficiency taking a one a day vitamin
is not enough, you need an amount prescribed and doctor monitored.

Did the dog do actual damage to the spinal cord? And if so
what was the diagnosis?

Did you stop eating due to spinal cord damage or damage
that affected your digestion?
simone717 7 years ago
I live in Sunny California so thats not a major issue. I was fine after hospitalized from the dog bite, except I went to therapy cause I had a fear of dogs as a child. I was always fine though up till 18. First I just got anxiety and felt sick, then i started regirgitating food and acid reflux. i was so tall and malnourished i was hospitalized and they gave me antibiotics due to having h pylory. it helped open up my throat a bit but i still have problems every once in awhile with swallowing and acidity/fats. although i am slowly getting better. Just havent gained my height back
[message edited by stunted on Tue, 05 Aug 2014 22:21:08 BST]
stunted 7 years ago

Can you go to a homeopath in person?

I can give you options of people to see if I know your area.
[message edited by simone717 on Tue, 05 Aug 2014 23:14:51 BST]
simone717 7 years ago
If you think itll help with my scenario then Im open to it, thanks
stunted 7 years ago
Yes I do think it will help - a lot.

What city are you in?
simone717 7 years ago
Mission Viejo California. My insurance is monarch, dont know if that helps but yea
stunted 7 years ago
If you have to use insurance then I
have to find an MD homeopath. Bc insurance does not cover homeopaths unless they are a regular MD-

Do you have a plan that lets you pick
the provider-usually the provider is in
network but many plans let you find
a dr. out of network and you just have
to pay more of a co-pay.
[message edited by simone717 on Wed, 06 Aug 2014 01:14:46 BST]
simone717 7 years ago
I have medical and usually I just take dr referrals from my primary so idk to be honest
stunted 7 years ago
Monarch Advisors
print this page
2603 Camino Ramon, Suite 200 • San Ramon, CA • 94583
Phone: 866-666-9996
Just get out your card and call Monarch
to ask. Ask if you have a PPO or HMO-

If PPO ( preferred provider) ask them
what is the cost when you go out of
network. Usually when you go out of
network, you pay the dr. upfront and then
send the Bill to them and they re-imburse
you. You make sure the reason for the
visit states something common like-

I have a dr. for you- he is in San Diego. He is very well known as a homeopath in
the USA not just San Diego. The first appt is like seeing a psychologist, you talk
for an hour and half. You can do short follow ups on the phone and later in person
but those visits are shorter and more in line with regular fees.http://www.drdooley.net/practice.html

This is a very experienced person and he was also a Naturopath before MD so
that means he is very aware of vitamins and nutrition - and could give good
advice there on your diet also.
[message edited by simone717 on Tue, 05 Aug 2014 23:10:11 BST]
simone717 7 years ago

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.