I seem to suffer from a form of insomnia that doesn't respond to any therapy, medication and supplements. What homeopathic remedy might help?
1. Describe your main suffering?
- insomnia with light, unrefreshing sleep, not feeling rested in the morning
- usually no problems falling asleep
- wake up some time between 2am and 5am, still very, very tired, and can't go back to sleep
- unable to nap any time of day
- feeling very tired but can't sleep more / more deeply
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
- muscles sore to touch (Fibromyalgia was diagnosed some years ago)
- muscle tension
- sometimes, usually, in the mornings, I feel hungover without having had any alcohol or such like
- back pain, aching muscles, often along nerves and stronger on the left side
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
- the less sleep I get the hazier I am; and the more problems I have with perception, memory, coordination
- indifference, apathy and numbness when I haven't slept enough
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
- when I had a couple of very bad nights I start feeling very dazed and hazy; unable to interact much or take care of tasks such as grocery shopping; feel like a zombie, not really alive
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
- remember bouts of insomnia since childhood
- got worse in 2006, my second year of research in the Pacific (on my own, stressed, physical injury and couldn't do yoga anymore), and then even worse in 2007 when I was back home
- the physical injury was break of left ankle, which seemed to increase crooked posture (twisted pelvis, shorter leg, scoliosis) and also kept me from working out for several months
- without yoga and jogging as outlets, the stress came out in anxiety attacks, feeling very overwhelmed, depression
- 2007-2010 chronic pain seemed the strongest of the symptoms, including sciatica that was so severe that I could not sit for several years; dissolved much of that with yoga, meditation, etc.
- since then, the strongest symptom, i.e. what I suffer most from, is insomnia
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
- there are no specific times of day when things are worse; it all depends on how well I sleep / have slept
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
- aggravate: insomnia makes other symptoms worse; eating sugar, white flour and having alcohol seems to make insomnia more likely; caffeinated tea; stimulating evening activities; after traveling; first couple of nights when I have to share a room with somebody
- ameliorate: super-healthy diet with lots of veg; sauna and hot bath; bodywork that 'frees' the twists in the spine (massage or really strong yoga)
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
- I can have a particularly sleepless night and painful/achy day just before I get my period
- change of place doesn't, but I usually have a couple of very sleepless nights plus severe muscle pains after traveling, after carrying things on my back, after sitting too much
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
- weather seems to have little to do with it; I seem to feel a little lighter in dry weather, but insomnia is unpredictably bad whatever the weather
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- very self-aware, tolerant, life-loving
- can also be quite critical & contrary or defensive; can find it difficult to fully relax when others are tense / awkward
- in the last several years there was a lot of procrastination going on and I felt I had no will to do anything when I was really tired, not even nice things
- I can be either introvert or extrovert, depending on many factors; more often quiet though
- can feel resentful; anger is rare
- prefer honesty and clarity to being nice/polite
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
fine, alive, interested in the storm
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
yes, but it depends a lot on by whom and how; feel easily patronized; but appreciate consolations and sympathy from close friends
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
the less sleep I get, the more sensitive I am to light and noise;
always sensitive to smells
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
keep biting my inner, lower lip
talk to myself when alone, usually as if to an audience/friend
sometimes, during meditation or after yoga, there can be a little weeping, like an internal relief
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I'm quite close to my friend and family; no partner or children though; lots of love, affection, respect; but let them do their own thing and appreciate that I can do the same; appreciate awareness of mutual projections, misunderstandings, etc. and good communication
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
in the past, e.g. when I got ill some 8 years ago, there were all kinds of worries to do with my studies, deadlines, dealing with supervisors, etc.
as I quite academic career and haven't taken up another sort of career these worries have ceased
very few fears except what comes up in deep meditation - a little fear of death, a little fear of not being seen as who I am
there has been some fear of insanity and not being able to take care of myself some years ago; it dissolved, but there might still be some
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
- aversion to sugary things, including beer and hard alcohol, as they feel 'poisonous'; same for many processed foods
- crave veggies, nourishing foods, dark chocolate, savory stuff, wholefoods
- sometimes crave for wine, which goes away once I have a little and hit this mark where more isn't tolerable for my body
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
- seafood, pig, sugary stuff, beer, tempeh, sesame oil, and quite a few Filipino foods
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
- feet, hands, sometimes trunk
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
- regular, once or twice a day
- like a sausage, smooth and soft
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
- very poor sleep most nights
- sometimes on either side, usually on the belly
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
- yes, but I'm not quite sure as I haven't been in a sexual relationship for a while
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
- not totally different
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
- Amitriptyline: helped with the insomnia for several years; also seemed to make it a little worse somehow and induced mild depression
- Gabapentin: didn't help, made me very weepy and confused
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
- alcoholism and mental illness
- my mom had a huge ulcer and has light diabetes, but is the only one
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
- small/petite, thin but not boney and slight pear shape - fairly fit but not muscly
- small head, high forehead
- weird pale complexion with yellowish area around the mouth and several strong sun spots (forehead, cheeks, upper lip)
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Please answer the following questions:
(Please give details of your past menstruation if you have attained menopause.)
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general?
- How long do they last?
> 4-6 days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
> PMS a couple of days before
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
> thick bright red, sometimes darker
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
angelina% on 2014-09-07
♡ rishimba 9 years ago
If ACONITE produced a good response, its fine...otherwise, we will change remedy to cover your totality.
♡ rishimba 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.