Chronic urinary tract infections/sharp pains in kidney areaHello and thank you in advance for your time and help!
My father has been plagued by painful, debilitating urinary tract infections for months. He saw many doctors, including infectious diease specialists. Nothing helped. I bought him a homeopathic remedy that consisted of apis mellifica, cantharis, mercurius corrosivus, phosphorus, terebinthina, thlaspibursa pastoris, and triticum repens. His symptoms cleared up over night. He was a changed man. It was miraculous. But if he tried to back down from the highest dosage, he would become symptomatic again. Eventually it stopped working all together. I bought a different remedy containing barosma crenata, dulcamara, terebinthina oleum, thlapsi bursa pastoris, triticum repens, and equisetum hyemale. This worked for even a shorter period. He is still in significant discomfort from the UTIs, and he has now developed a sharp pain (feels like there's a broom handle stuck inside) on the right side of his back, about halfway up. He thought it must have something to do with his kidneys. But a full day at the hospital ruled out that possibility, along with others such as new tumors. Again, the doctors don't know what to tell us.
He is in terrible pain, and any help offered would be greatly appreciated.
Patient ID: Sex: male Age: 66 Nature of work: retired social worker Habits: very active when his condition and pain levels allow
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experience and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? State the correct location. See above
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? Arthritis
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. UTI: painful urination, frequent urination at night, urgency to urinate, irritated bladder. Back pain: constant sharp pain, alleviated by laying down, aggravated by movement.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease? UTI: 6 months. Back pain: 1 month.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? UTI: consistently. Back pain: upon waking
7. What are the things that aggravate your suffering and those that ameliorate the same? Example: time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc. UTI: Nothing helps or worsens. Back pain: better when lying down, aggravated by movement.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? Does not change.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Very pleasant, warm, and generous, but plagued by life long depression.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm? Loves thunderstorms.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? Sometimes. Sometimes prefers to be alone.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? No.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc? Talking to himself.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? Very warm, caring, and generous.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly? Biggest fear is becoming incapacitated by his condition, dreams repeatedly of starting tasks and being unable to complete them.
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions? Likes meats and starches. Enjoys most foods.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal.
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand? No.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? Less. From head mainly.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Lately constipated, usually regular.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? Sleeps well. On back or on side.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? Yes.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others? No.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Already mentioned the homeopathic remedies we tried. Also takes gabapentin, wellbutrin, megestrol, fluconazole.
22. What major diseases are running in your family? Depression.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance. Average height, handsome, still somewhat muscular.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
DevonS on 2014-09-20
What do you mean , No New tumors?
Is he diabetic? Gabapentin is used for Diabetic
Is he depressed? using Wellbutrin for that?
Does he have some extreme yeast , fungal infection?
Flucanozole ( diflucan) is used for that but usually
very limited doses like one or two, bc it is hard
on the liver.
If there is a UTI they know that from testing
the urine and finding the bacteria levels-
what are the results of that?
Everything he has, must be stated and how long
it has been going on .
[message edited by simone717 on Sat, 20 Sep 2014 17:30:39 BST]
♥ simone717 5 years ago
He takes both gabapentin and wellbutrin for medication resistant depression.
He does suffer from recurrent yeast infections as well.
The labs do come back indicating the presence of bacteria and, sometimes, white blood cells. However, he has had a stint in his bladder for 3 years. We have been told that are normal when you have a stint. He does get the stint replaced every 5-6 months.
DevonS 5 years ago
If you are not from India ( which I don't think you are)
I would contact, http://www.pbhrfindia.org
These are 3 generations of Md's using homeopathy in a different
They will work with you online-they have a huge database of
information and they share info with MD Anderson Cncr center
the largest usa cncr center. They can work alongside with allopathic
treatment. I think you need advice from people who
have this level of experience.
( India people have to go there or use regular mail)
[message edited by simone717 on Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:17:40 BST]
♥ simone717 5 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.