mom 59, ckd patient - bun 71, creatinine 1.41My 59 year old mom has been suffering from CKD since mid 2012. She had tuberculosis in 1996 and some of it was left untreated which resulted as fibrosis. The left lung was completely damaged. The heart and kidneys were affected too. Doctor says this CKD is a primary to secondary disease. We tried Spiromide when she used to have swelling and water retention in early 2013 and then took her to the hospital. They gave her Lasix and some other medications too. Unfortunately her creatinine was rising to 1.6 at that time due to the medicines and she became mentally confused and also dehydrated. We started herbal alternative in mid 2013 and gave a her a very limited diet which resulted in her being very weak like a bag of bones. Shes in a wheelchair now. Then in early 2014 we started homeopathic treatment. The homeopathic medicines completely eliminated the water retention and the swelling from her legs and beneath eyes. They also resulted in fluctuating creatinine and urea values. Creatinine was for the most part controlled between 1.6 (rarley) to 1.5(commonly) and 1.41 (Current value - new low since started homeopathic) But the problem is BUN currently at 71.04 which means Urea is 152 using Urea [mg/dL]= BUN [mg/dL] x 2.14. She is also a diabetic. In previous reports of the heart, Triglycerides have been very high.
She mostly talks normally with short breaths. But today I talked to her on the phone and my heart broke because she said in a very tired voice and running out of breath that 'I don't think I'm going to get any better. I dont think Im getting better' It was the sudden end of my world. I don't know what else to include here. I cannot type any further as the tears in my eyes have blurred my vision. If you need any mroe calrificaiton or details, please let me know. I have all test values since 2012 documented along with diets and everything else.
streambuffer on 2014-09-20
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experience and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? State the correct location.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things that aggravate your suffering and those that ameliorate the same? Example: time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
♡ rishimba 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.