Homeopathy treatment for mental illness and sudden angerI am asking this question for my elder brother. He is 37 years old. He has been suffering from some mental issues. First we came to know about it in the year of 2009 - 2010. At that time it was only one year since he got his job as a teacher at a school after a few years of hard study. The preparation for the job has been very stressful for him. Anyway,after almost one year in his job we started to see sudden anger and grumpiness in him. Before this he was always very calm and understanding person. He started to have some weired ideas such as his cousins are trying to hurt him or doing something wrong, he started worshiping different Gods (we are religious person but he was somewhat obsessed about it which was not at all normal ). At that time talks were going on for his marriage with a girl. But he declined it at the last moment. He might have a delusion that he likes a girl at his workplace but my father looked into it and came to know that the girl was already married. Although my brother himself never told anything about any relationship with any girl(we came to know about the girl from some of his friends).
After this, my father tried to take him to a psychiatrist to which he of course refused. So my father contacted a consultant neuro-psychiatrist. He has been treating him since. The doctor advised us against letting my brother know that he is having any kind of mental problem. Because he thinks that if my brother comes to know about the disease he might lose his confidence and lose the ability to continue his daily work . By the way, in spite of his problems he is still continuing his job very well as a teacher.
But he has to take lots of medicine daily and as he does not know about the disease, my mother and father has to give the medicine with his food or tea.
Now he is more or less fine except some sudden outbursts of anger(when he is sleep deprived for some reason or he did not take the medicine properly). But when he is angry he breaks anything he finds without any reason and does not talk to anybody for some time. We seldom talk to him about this anger afterwards . But he remembers this and I think he tries to control it also. Except these few outbursts he is perfectly fine and if any one meets and talks to him he would not even know that he has any issues. He is also great with small kids and never hurts/scolds them even when he is angry.
Now about his medicines, Doctor gives him mainly two medicines Thioridazine and Lithium Carbonate. I don't have much idea about medicines but from the internet and I came to know about the various long term side effects of these medicines. Also it has been more than 3 years and although he is good when he takes the medicine, but when the dosage is reduced, the symptoms appears.
So, I was wondering if this problem can be treated with homeopathy and afterwards if we can reduce the amount of allopathy medicine slowly.
Lastly , about our family background, no one else in our family ever has such issue. But the father of my mother did have some mental problems in his last age. My brother in his childhood also was very stubborn and angry. But later he became very calm.
I am really looking forward to your advice eagerly. My parents are having a hard time taking care of him and I also don't live with them . I would really appreciate If you could give any suggestion for permanent remedy for his problems. Please let me know if you need to know further details.
ddas.ccu on 2014-10-12
Patient ID: Sex: Age: Nature of work: Habits:
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experience and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? State the correct location.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things that aggravate your suffering and those that ameliorate the same? Example: time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
[message edited by rishimba on Sun, 12 Oct 2014 09:31:37 BST]
♡ rishimba 5 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.