Teucrium Marum 200 for Nasal PolypsHi, I have nasal polyps for last 5-6 years and they are only increasing. I tried various allopathic medicines but there's no improvement. Instead, condition is getting worse. My nose is almost always blocked so I breathe from mouth and as a result I cannot sleep properly, not able to smell, not able to taste, encounter headache, pain in face (especially near eyes) sometimes. As a whole, I feel tired most of the times. As long as I am standing, walking or doing some activity, nose functions well but as soon as I sit and lie, it gets blocked again. I also take steam occasionally as it helps in opening the nose for sometime.
I came across this homeopathic medicine, Teucrium Marum 200 which I read is effective for nasal polyps. I want to know whether this medicine would be fine for me without causing any side effects? Or is there any alternative of Teucrium Marum 200? I am 23 years old living in India. I never encountered any major disease. Just had typhoid twice and dengue once some years back.
Any and all suggestions from an EXPERT/EXPERT PHYSICIAN are welcome.
simplyhumayun on 2014-10-30
but the selection is depends on patient.
in allopathy the selection of medicine for many person for a same diseases is given by finding the common symptoms.
But in homeopathy selection of medicine depends on how each of them are different out of many person having a same diseases.
So, for proper treatment u should go to a local homeopath or u may make a new thread(post) in that forum answer the question given in this http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/188925
if u want to know about the person advising u can check the profile by clicking on the name.
u are new to this forum if want to know names of homeopathic doctors who post here u can ask? after that u can select the doctor by yourself by checking there profiles.
[message edited by gaintrox on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:20:55 GMT]
gaintrox 6 years ago
So here I am positing those of my answers:
1. Describe your main suffering?
Ans. I am suffering from nasal polyps for more than 5 years now and its increasing as days are passing. My nose is completely blocked during most hours of the day especially when I am sitting and lying/sleeping.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Ans. Nothing but encounter low back (right side) pain sometimes as mine is a sitting job. But it goes as I do some workout. And also headache as a result of blocked nose.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Ans. I feel mentally tired when the condition (of blocked nose) gets extreme. I forget things a lot. Not sure if it's related to tiredness caused by nasal blockage or not.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
Ans. My nose gets blocked completely and I start breathing from mouth and as a result my mouth runs dry. Some very common symptoms I encounter daily: no proper sleep (wake up 4-5 times daily to have some water), no sense of smell, no sense of taste, severe headache sometimes and pain in face especially around eyes. I even get tired and feel difficult to breathe after climbing stairs. As long as I am walking, standing or doing any activity, my nose functions well, but as soon as I sit and lie, it gets blocked COMPLETELY. When it's completely blocked and I try to blow the nose, it's really paining and the mucus is sometimes thick and sometimes normal but it doesn't come out easily. I apply a lot of pressure which results in pain in eyes and ears as well sometimes.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Ans. It started around 2007 and I came to know about the actual problem in 2008. Any event or disease is not directly related to me. Instead, my father used to have nasal problems (not sure if it was polyps or not) during his 20s to 40s. As far as I am concerned, I can relate this problem of mine to the dust and allergens I come in contact with where I live.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Ans. Any time when I sit and lie. But the problem is on its high when I sleep.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Ans. Sudden change in weather/atmosphere is culprit. However, its high in cold atmosphere. I sit with even my fan off in my room if I want to feel better. Anywhere, anytime I am in warm atmosphere, I feel better. Sometimes I even go out under the sun to feel better.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Ans. I think I already explained this in question just above.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Ans. I generally feel better during hot weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Ans. I am moody, changeable, quiet, lazy and patient.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
Ans. Never noticed.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Ans. Everyone wants this. But I dont feel bad if this doesnt happen.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Ans. I sometimes talk to myself but thats to sort of motivating myself.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Ans. I am not married. Family and friends are obviously very important. But I am reserved and introvert kinda guy who keeps secrets. I am open to very less people. I value relations but if someone doesnt want to be in touch with me then even I wont bother.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Ans. Cockroaches scare me. Not in dreams though.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Ans. I am a foodie and love to have everything except pork and alcohol.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Ans. Its normal.
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
Ans. Its normal but I cant stay hungry for long.
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Ans. Dont think so.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Ans. Its normal but I never noticed where is it more.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Ans. Its normal.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Ans. Thats the reason I am answering these questions. I am simply not able to sleep properly. Forget about postures!
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
Ans. I havent had a chance but I think Ill rock.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Ans. A bit confused here!
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Ans. I tried allopathic in which I used some nasal sprays like flutiflo, Aziflo, nasal drop like otrivin, nasogest and Lecope-AD tablets. I also tried some powdered herbs given by a BUMS physician. Lastly, I tried some homeopathic medicine as well. Not sure what that was. All I can say is my problem got worse even after having any or everything.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Ans. My mother has stones in bladder and high blood pressure resulting in severe headache at times. My father is prone to common cold and other nasal problems. My grandfather has diabetes. I dont remember anymore.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Ans. I like to be fit and healthy so I workout regularly and so have an average (if not ripped) physique. I am 59 weighing around 80 Kg.
[message edited by simplyhumayun on Fri, 31 Oct 2014 05:41:45 GMT]
simplyhumayun 6 years ago
fyi, I asked him to do a new thread bc his answers were on the
questionnaire thread where no one responds.
Rishimba has responded to his treatment thread-not sure if
you want to take the case or let Rishimba - but wanted you to
know there is another thread.
♡ simone717 6 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.