Atypical facial neuralgia/pain (NOT Trigeminal Neuralgia)My husband has been suffering from atypical facial pain for a number of years, and started homoepathic treatment, about 4 days ago. His symptoms have worsened slightly, but we are hoping that this is the 'healing crisis', (i.e. when symptoms first worsen before improving). We have heard that zostrix (or capsicain cream) is also an excellent neuralgia rememdy. A few of questions for the experts:
1- Can he apply zostrix cream, whilst on the homeopathic treatment? I.e. would the cream (given that it is herbal) interfere with homoepathic treatment?
2- How long does the 'healing crisis' tend to last?
3- And finally, can acupuncture be done alongside homeopathic treatment?
Really looking forward to some answers here.
Have a good day everyone.
shabib on 2006-01-23
shabib last decade
Please submit your complain in this following format
6. Chief Complain-from how many days-(time of aggravation and amelioration)
7. current medicine you are taking
8. sign & Symptom of disease
9. Slight back history
10. family back ground
11. qualification of patient
12. Nature of working
13. desire and aversion of food
14. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so.. on and how you are peculiar from other person, public speaking or not , you can describe all the detail about behaviour,love and affection. If any secret thing or can not want to discus at forum then you can share your talk directly to email by clicking on your any forum doctor. For a good prescription mental detail is must be.
15. Aggravation & Ameliration
Dr. Deoshlok Sharma
♡ deoshlok last decade
new2town last decade
shabib last decade
1. Name. Mrs. Pasha
3. Sex. F
4. country. Canada
5. climate. Cold
6. Chief Complain-from how many days-(time of aggravation and amelioration).Severe right sided headache for almost a yesr
7. current medicine you are taking. Ibuprofen,acetaminophen,ketoprofen,aspirin
8. sign & Symptom of disease.Burning pain on right side and needles like on back of head.most of the time,longer duration
9. Slight back history.No pain before this.
10. family back ground.no family history of such facial pain.no diabetes,no mental disorder,no hypertension.no other h/o disease.
11. qualification of patient. BA
12. Nature of working.House wife
13. desire and aversion of food.minimum.
14. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient Yes to these symptoms.
15- person, public speaking or not , Minimum social contacts.
you can describe all the detail about behaviour,love and affection. If any secret thing or can not want to discus at forum then you can share your talk directly to email by clicking on your any forum doctor. For a good prescription mental detail is must be.
15. Aggravation & Ameliration-NO
Dr. Deoshlok Sharma
mdmm55 last decade
1.Name: John Lim
6.Chief complaint: constant, dull aching pain in the nose bridge and throbbing at the right side of the nose. Cluster headache. Concentration is affected.
7.Duration of pain: 1 year
8.Nature of working: student
9.Personal background: had rhinitis since young but no sinusitis.
10. Drugs taken: Lyrica, Tregetol (but all of them don't work). Also tried St. John's wort (hypericum) but it also doesn't work.
The drugs he has tried have had several side effects on him. Does anyone know of any other possible treatments for his condition, esp. natural remedies which have minimal side effects?
Thanks very much.
jr1235 last decade
There are many remedies for the problems that you are reporting. The following information will be very helpful in arriving at the indicated remedy. As you have provided some of the required information, you are requested to give the remaining information.
Patient ID: Sex: Age:
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
♡ kadwa last decade
4) Feel like dying
5) Start when quite stressed, wearing my spectacles trigged the pain on nose and headache
7) No idea, none in particular
9) No difference
10) Generally ok. Intellectually-inclined
12) None in particular
16) sweat excessively. whole body
18) no. quite ok
20) worry more, higher achiever, easily stressed
21) nerve medicine, no
23) Don't really know how to describe. quite normal
jr1235 last decade
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa last decade
mberk last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.