mild distemper affect in my dogI am from India suburban area. I have a 19 Months Old (DOB is 15 June 2014) Male Pure breed German Shepherd Dog named SPIKE who is properly vaccinated (Vaccinated Chart attached, May be it was not properly stored and therefore may be not 100% efficient). After a wrong high volume of dewormer which toxicated him when he was 8 months old on Feb 2014, his loses appetite. But he is energetic.
I regularly take him for a walk where he sniff/smell ground and vehicle wheels. I have notice him licking other dogs pee most often though I stop him every time. On 21 Feb2016 at night one of a nearby pet dog (there is 8 mix breed dogs in a nearby school whose owner I think doesnâ€™t vaccinated them properly) gave a scratch bite on my dogs nose, which was very minor with no blood. Next day on 22 Feb in the morning my dog nose was swollen as the bite was on the nose due to pressure his nose was like this but still I feed him 1 antibiotic tab in afternoon after which he was fine and swollen was gone by night. On 23 Feb in the morning I notice my dogs is unable to stand on, he took effort to stand up and walk. He has folded his front leg and walks with 3 legs when I took him outside for pee. I noticed that his joints were little swollen. Then I consult a vet who asks me to give him Virbac Cephalexin (600mg) 1 tab daily for seven days. But still it shows no improvement. On 29th Feb I visited the vet again and he prescribed Vetoquinol Flexadin 1 tab daily, Probiotics and liver tonic which has Milk thistle. But still his condition didnâ€™t improve. So on 19 March 2016 I went to another vet who checked his symptoms (Watery eyes, lethargy, end of the pad is hard little effected, fifth figure of all four legs is really affected by hard pad, little or no effect in nose and fever 107 degree). Hence he prescribed Intacef Injection for 4 days (20th to 24th ), Intax Melonex Injection (Meloxicam) 2ml for 3 days and a multivitamin syrub Vetoquinol Health Up Pro. First two days he was fine but from 23rd , though he is on the prescribe medicine he again shows lethargy to stand up and not eating properly. Then on 26th I took him to the vet again who prescribed him Intas Melonex Injection (Meloxicam) 2ml for 3 days, Ampilox 500mg injection (Its for human includes Ampicillin + cloxacillin). (His fever was 105). He has mild Distemper.
This morning on 30 march he was unable to stand completed and has folded his front left leg which was the same situation when the problem started he has folded his front leg and acting as a seizure stroke. Yesterday night I have taken him for a long 5 kilometer walk. What Should I do I am thinking also to give him GlaxoSmithKline Vit C Celin 500 daily ( half tab 2 times), Any homeopathy products like colloidal silver, arnica, Rhus tox etc. Canglob D injection or NCD Vaccine.MAIL ME GMAIL ID nazar6
Plz help him if not me
nazar6 on 2016-04-01
• Answer below the questions leaving them in place.
• Answers should be detailed.
• Yes/No/Normal are not helpful answers.
1. Your appearance (gender, age, weight, height)
2. What are the symptoms of the problem
3. In your view, what caused this problem
4. What non-medicinal action makes the problem better
5. What non-medicinal action makes the problem worse
6. How are you feeling emotionally during the problem e.g. restless, calm, stubborn, weepy, want to be alone, fear of death etc
7. Are you feeling cold or warm
8. How is your level of energy
9. How is your thirst
10. Are your lips or mouth dry
11. Any strong like or dislike regarding food taste that has developed during this illness e.g. salty, sweet, sour, bitter etc
12. Any other health issues that you have
13. What allopathic medicines are you taking
14. What homeopathic medicines have you taken in last 3 months (dates, dose, potency)
If you have fever during this illness, please answer these questions also:
1. Are you feeling cold or hot
2. Any shivering
3. Are you sweating or not
4. What makes you feel better e.g. covering up, in front of a heater, removing clothes
5. What makes you feel worse
6. Are your hands/feet cold
7. How is your thirst
fitness 4 years ago
1. your appearance (gender, age, weight, height): male 19 months 30 kg 26 inch
2. what are the symptoms of the problem : ulcers on tongue, fever above 103 since 30 days, take time to stand up and climp the stairs,left back legs has problem, his front right leg is swollen,shws problem with front left legs sometimes when he walks a lots (4-5 km )
3. in your view, what caused this problem distemper, his has watery eyes, sometimes there is water and sometime finde
4. what non-medicinal action makes the problem better nothing. i have trying pain meloxicam its relive his pain
5. what non-medicinal action makes the problem worse. walking
6. how are you feeling emotionally during the problem e.g. restless, calm, stubborn, weepy, want to be alone, fear of death etc calm, weepy when i pet him
7. are you feeling cold or warm warm 105+ degre fever since last 30 days
8. how is your level of energy. low
9. how is your thirst very thirsty
10. are your lips or mouth dry lips is watery and nose is dry
11. any strong like or dislike regarding food taste that has developed during this illness e.g. salty, sweet, sour, bitter etc nothing
12. any other health issues that you have no
13. what allopathic medicines are you taking: nothing now taken virbac cephalexin (600mg) 1 tab daily for seven days, intacef injection for 4 days (20th to 24th ), intax melonex injection (meloxicam) 2ml, ampilox 500mg injection
14. what homeopathic medicines have you taken in last 3 months (dates, dose, potency)nothing
if you have fever during this illness, please answer these questions also:
1. are you feeling cold or hot hot
2. any shivering no,
3. are you sweating or not no
4. what makes you feel better e.g. covering up, in front of a heater, removing clothes resting in shade
5. what makes you feel worse hot sun
6. are your hands/feet cold not cold warm
7. how is your thirst very much thirst
nazar6 4 years ago
HOW TO TAKE THE REMEDY:
Please take one dose. Just one dose. Not daily.
Report back after 7 days using the format explained below.
WHAT IS A DOSE:
One dose is made by dissolving one pill of the remedy (or one drop, if you have liquid remedy) in half a glass of water. Stir it and take one tea spoon from it.
• Don’t take any other homeopathic remedy during this treatment.
• Give a break of at least 10 minutes before eating/drinking anything before or after taking the remedy.
• During the course of treatment, don’t eat/drink anything which you have never had all your life.
• Sometimes the symptoms for which treatment is being done can worsen after taking the homeopathic remedy. This is homeopathic aggravation and a good sign. It usually dies down within 24-48 hrs. During this time you can use any non-medicinal means to keep yourself comfortable. If the aggravation seems excessive, you can use any & all means necessary (including taking allopathic medicines) to keep yourself comfortable. Keep your homeopath fully updated if this happens.
HOW TO GIVE FEEDBACK:
A good example of how to report your progress is by giving %age improvement or worsening for all your health problems e.g.
• Emotions: e.g. Feeling of happiness improved 40%
• Energy level: e.g. Feeling of tiredness reduced 70%
• Main health problem: e.g. Nasal discharge reduced 50%
• Other health problems: e.g. Acne increased 60%
• Anything new: Depression: e.g. Loose stool started
• And so on list all your complaints.
fitness 4 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.