Debilitating insomnia for monthsI'm looking for help and I hope my story is not too long. About 5 months ago I got a bad cold followed by another bad head cold about 4 week later. I took some zinc towards the end of my second cold because it would not leave my chest after it left my head. A couple of weeks after using zinc I suffered high energy at night almost mania. I immediately stopped coffee (I only had a cup on weekendsâ) and the zinc thinking that was the culprit. One week later my thyroid enlarged. For about a month my thyroid fluctuated in size and I often had a tightness in my throat after eating and sometimes a shortness of breath. I suffered severe insomnia (1-2 hours at most a night), racing heart, high blood pressure and heart palpitations.
I thought I was suffering from hyperthyroidism (my sister has Graves Disease).
I got blood work and a thyroid ultrasound, both came back normal.
After I met with the endocrinologist, I still suffered very tight throat some days, other days shortness of breath, sometimes throat clearing and coughing.
The most relief I've gotten is through acupuncture. During my second session my heart was palpitating the whole time mid stomach, but it ended in my solar plexus. The next day my solar plexus was I credibly sore and tight. My guess this is the culprit, maybe GERD, maybe hiatal hernia. If I press on my stomach between my solar plexus and belly button I can feel my heart thumping loudly and powerfully. It is this thumping that keeps me awake at night.
I still have all of the above problems with the insomnia and night palpitations being the most debilitating.
I'm getting desperate for sleep and am experiencing anxiety and depression as a result. The palpitations are so powerful even Benadryl can'tâ help me sleep. I can't nap during the day either despite being exhausted, my body won't let me.
Before this, I had a low resting heart rate, excellent blood pressure, was athletic and I was in good spirits and enjoyed life. This has turned my world upside down. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
Odie on 2017-05-02
3. Built up:obese/moderate/slim
4. Complexion: fair,dark
8. List out all your PROBLEMS with its since how long,which part is affected,which side,what you feel during complaint etc:in an order(which came first then which came?
a)Worsening factors for each complaint (eg:-by pressure,what time,heat,cold,season,food,eating,after
sleep,by sweat,,by stooping,after stool & urine,after bathing etc.?)
b)When Its Better,for each complaint (eg: by pressure,what time,by heat, by cold, any season,any food, eating,after sleep,by sweat,after stool & urine ,after bathing etc.?)
c) In your opinion, What is the expected cause for your problem?From injury,fall,cold exposure,sun exposure ,physical and mental exertion etc.?
9. Mind:sensitive/angry/sad/weeping/fear of/anxiety/shy etc.,memory,desire company,grief,lewd etc.
10. Thermal:which weather do you prefer hot or cold? Which one you can tolerate well?
11. Do you have Frequent or occasional nausea,vomiting to any food,headache,mouth ulcer,,allergy sneezing,gas trouble,leucorrhea(white discharge-females) ,dandruff,hairfall etc.explain if any
12. Stool:regular/quantity/frequent desire/satisfied/bleeding?
13. Urine: regular/quantity/frequent desire/satisfied
14. Menses: regular?scanty or profuse?early or late?how many days?frequency of cycle?any complaints before or during menses like pimples,backache,white discharge,pain in abdomen,legs etc.,irritability,constipation,diarrhea,nausea etc?
16. Sleep:satisfied/disturbed?particular dreams?usual sleeping positon?
17. Appetite: how often,quantity,satisfied?
18. Thirst: how many glasses ?how often?
19. Cravings:salt/sweet/sour /milk/egg/meat/veg/fruit/vinegar etc.
20. Aversion: salt/sweet/sour /milk/egg/meat/veg/fruit/vinegar etc.
21. Intolerant foods if any which might be your favorite or not.
22. How is your sex life?no desire/premature ejaculation/no erection/painful sex?
23. Do you have diabetes/BP/Cholestrol/thyroid(Hypo/Hyper) etc Done any surgey ?
24. Do you have any skin complaints-itching, warts, rashes, discoloration etc.?
25.Your skin type: oily or dry?
26.Do you have any bad habits or addictions? coffee,masturbation, smoking,tobacco, alcohol etc.
27.List out all medicines you have taken till now and its result
28.Any other things which you think it make you unique from others ..
Please attach images of any relevant test reports if any
♡ drthoufeequebhms 3 years ago
3. 5'8" 140lbs. (Moderate to slim). I was very lanky and thin as a child. I'm athletic and I was muscular on a thinner frame, but lost 10lbs due to this situation.
4. Fair, blonde as a child, dirty blond-light brown as adult. Big round blue eyes. However, I tan very easily.
5. Self employed. Search engine analyst. I work from home. Previously I was a teacher for 11 years. I became frustrated with the system so I left pretty abruptly about 5 years ago.
6. Married for 12 years, no kids
7. United States
8. Began late January early February.
Main ailments in order.
a. Stomach issues, bloating one week (late January)
b. Surges of energy at night with some difficulty sleeping (early February)
c. Enlarged thyroid and tight throat. (February)
d. Insomnia (February)
e. Anxiety, inability to feel settled.
f. Pulse surges upon minimal exertion (March)
g. High resting pulse rate. (Later March)
h. Occasional difficulty breathing/getting a full breath (March)
i. Concentration difficulty (March)
j. Bowel changes diarrhea or weird formation.
k. Loud powerful palpitations even if pulse is low. All night long or when trying to rest. (Beginning April)
l. White tongue (not thrush) (noticed in April)
m. High blood pressure (two weeks ago)
n. Tightness in solar plexus. (Last week)
o. Very recently a dry cough with a tickle at back of throat. (Two days ago)
9. I'm better if I slept well. My pulse and palpitations are usually better. Much better after acupuncture. Better after massage from husband. I usually dislike the intense sun of late spring, summer where I live but I've been wanting to be outside more often in the sun.
Worse at night until morning. If I have a good day, palpitations will begin at night. Throat tightness after eating sometimes. Shaky with high pulse in morning. Anxiety is high at night. The thought of not being able to sleep once again is terrifying.
10. I thought it was thyroid, but tests are normal. Now I'm wondering of GERD, silent reflux or hiatal hernia.
11. My favorite weather is mid 60s - 70F, but I also love winter. I dislike hot humid with intense sun.
12. Headache every 3-4 months. Mouth ulcer once a year. I did get one during this situation. Some bloating and diarrhea during first day of period.
13. Typically normal stool consistently throughout my life. 1-2 times a day. Well formed. I had diarrhea. Now it's not but weird formation.
14. Urination is normal frequency. Every few hours. I noticed hat it doesn't always come all at once like it stops and goes particularly during high pulse and palpitations. I do not have a UTI.
15. Period is every 26-28 days. Lasts 5-6 days. Very heavy the second day with some clotting. Cramps first and second day. Agitation exactly 7 days before period. Lasts one day only.
16. Normal sweat. I sweat mostly lower back/tailbone when exercising. Mild odor. I rarely wear deodorant.
17. Normally my appetite is good. It has been less since this situation. I eat three meals a day. Maybe a little snacking in-between - nuts, chips, fruit, etc. As a child I had low appetite.
18. I typically drink about 120oz of water with sole a day. But since situation, I've become increasingly thirsty. Especially at night.
19. I like salty foods (chips) and vinegar (pickles, sauerkraut). I love salt and vinegar chips. I love spicy food.
20. I don't like excessively sweet foods or strong fish or scallops.
21. I've never intolerances, but recently I got stomach issues and diarrhea after spicy food.
22. Since this situation my desire is lower due to lack of sleep and anxiety. I feel usually it's moderate. I'm satisfied easily by husband.
23. I currently have higher blood pressure. It began two weeks ago. I've always had excellent blood pressure. I've had iritis three times. Thyroid test came back normal.
24. I had eczema as a child and young adult. That has subsided.
25. I did drink coffee on the weekend, but I have stopped. I don't care for alcohol.
26. Normal skin not oily or dry
27. Occasional Advil for menstrual cramps.
28. I'm not much different from others. I read people well and quickly get a feel for their intentions.
[message edited by Odie on Tue, 02 May 2017 12:25:10 UTC]
[message edited by Odie on Tue, 02 May 2017 13:01:57 UTC]
Odie 3 years ago
Also take passiflora Q 25 drops in half glass water daily nights before bed.
Take magnesium phos 6x 4 tablets dissolved in hot water hourly during menstrual cramps.
Also natrum phos 6x 3 tablets thrice daily.
Report changes after a week
♡ drthoufeequebhms 3 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.