Sleeplessness, reeling sensation, headacheGender: Female
Age: 34 yr
Body Type: thin and bony (not muscular) with sharp features
Height: 5 ft
Weight: 50 kg
1. Describe your main suffering?
I have been suffering from stiffness in the neck and head region, in particular the point where neck and skull meet above the spine. I have constant pain in this area above neck, accompanied by a cracking sound that originates from that area. Also whole face muscles seem to be stiff and tired during the day. In particular at night time when I try to go to bed, I feel sleepy but cannot close my eyes or sleep because I get reeling sensation which is worse when I lie down and some what OK if I sit. I get only 3-4 hrs of sleep, that too after 1:00 am and even in that I wake up suddenly as if I am choking. I cannot focus on anything or work, and even eye sight seems a little hazy at times. It feels like my head is not balanced and I am comfortable only if I bend my head forward a little bit. Sorry for the long narration, but I feel miserable most of the time. I cannot take care of my kids or family and have been running from pillar to post seeking medical help.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? I have some pain in the TMJ joint (left side) and also have difficulty in swallowing anything. I have recently developed lower back pain and neck pain on top of what I already have. At times I feel very depressed and fear that I may die any minute. Some times I feel like congestion in chest area and feel as if the food is stuck just below my throat.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? Frustrated that I have to take meds all the time…tired of thinking about it all the time and occassionaly feel suicidal. I am unable to take care of my family and am dependent on them for everything.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
It is very hard to describe it in words. I feel like I am floating, head is spinning (not eyes), headache, congestion or uneasy feeling in chest and near throat, cannot close eyes, shivering in arms and legs, tired.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease? I think it started last October after I got my wisdom tooth extracted. I had headaches, lower back pain and reeling sensation earlier, but it really got worse one week after I visited the dentist. I will never forget that week after teeth extraction in my life.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? I can put up with the pains, but it is the reeling sensation and sleep deprivation that I cannot bear. It is worse when I try to go to bet (between 9:00 PM and 2:00 AM)
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Cold packs seem to help with the pain that I have at the back of head. Hot and cold packs to a certain extent for the TMJ joint pain. Hot packs for back and neck pain. I am taking muscle relaxants and calpol for pain relief. But even they do not work for long.
Pain in the TMJ joint gets aggrevated if anyone touches that area. I am also sensitive to oud sounds. Also if someone yells at me, my mental composure goes for a toss.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Loud sounds (slamming car doors, drums) are unbearable. Soft music feels good. It feels better when I go out or watch nature.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
I am comfortable when it is not cold / winter time
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am usually easy going, but I cannot stand anyone blaming me when it is not my fault. Then I get into argumentative nature. I like keeping things neat and clean. I am very possessive about my family. When I am in pain, I become very edgy and irritable.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
Same either time
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Yes. I want to have someone support me when I go through rough days.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
I cannot stand strong perfumes.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Possessive. I share all my thoughts with my husband and want to keep them to himself. I like talking only to those persons that I feel comfortable about holding my secrets.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I have a phobia of snakes and creepy things. I will miss my heart beat if I see them even in a TV or book etc.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
No preference, but I enjoy sour foods.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal to less
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive? Normal. But I do not feel like eating much these days because of all these problems
15. Is there any kind of food which your body can’t stand?
I cannot tolerate too much spicy items
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
I don’t sweat much at all.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? I get bowel movements on alternate days or once in 3 days. It has been so since childhood. Stool type is slightly hard.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I used to sleep on my tummy. But on doctors advice I started sleeping on my side.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
Yes. But my health condition definitely is a hindrance.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
More mature than others my age, more responsible, very sensitive to comments or if anyone shows anger etc on me.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Muscle relaxants, pain killers, vitamin D, calcium
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
Thin and frail, short, sharp features, wheatish complexion, long face and decent long hair (although I am losing a lot of hair may be due to stress and sleepnessness)
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
Regular cycles, Flow for only 2-3 days. Flow has reduced considerably in the last 1 year.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner
No history of disease or sickness till what I am facing now.
I had allergic rhinitis when I was carrying my second baby (which I was told is common to have some allergies during pregnancy). Got an MRI done recently and the MRI scan shows a few disc bulges (C2,3,4,5,6) and Lumbar spine (L2,3)
srisri1 on 2017-08-04
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.