Pilonidal Sinus - Seeking advice From Dr. Nawaz KhanHello Dr. Nawaz,
AssalamuAlaikum. Seeking your advice on Pilonidal Sinus issue for my son. initially it was discovered over 6 months ago (a little whole or dimple at top between the butt cheeks). We went to see his primary doctor and was given Antibiotics and also told to take Epsom salt bath regularly. There was no pain or any other limitation at the time. The hole seemed to be closing (although it changed color from black to light gray).
Recently, he complained he was feeling some discomfort/pain in his buttock area. And while physically checking, we noticed two or three more sinuses (Very tiny pink) in the same area (downward in a straight line from the Original one – the tissue around the area looked a little pale pink). We checked with his doctor and again was given Antibiotics and also asked us to see a surgeon as the doctor thought he would need to be operated before it becomes a bigger issue down the road.
We went to see a surgeon and was told that he would require a limited surgery but he could not tell at what extent until he gets an MRI done first. The surgeon said there is any 50/50 chance that it would not re-occur and if it does, then to have an extensive surgery to cut open the entire area (several inches long and deep). I have read up some on the stories associated with surgery and as a parent do not think that is the right option for him.
The boy is an aspiring collegiate athlete and high achiever academically and do not want to see him get limited due to this.
Appreciate your comment/advice with this.
Eetie on 2017-10-31
2. Age - 15
3. Sex - Male
4. Single/Married - Single
5. weight -
6. Height …. 5’11”
7. country USA
8. climate Mild
9. List of your complaints
- initially it was discovered over 6 months ago (a little whole or dimple at top between the butt cheeks). Recently, he complained he was feeling some discomfort/pain in his buttock area. And while physically checking, we noticed two or three more sinuses (Very tiny) in the same area (downward in a straight line from the Original one – the tissue around the area looked a little pale pink).
10. Since how long are you suffering from each complaint
- a little over six months
11. Diabetic or non-Diabetic Non Diabetic – Non Diabetic. Father and paternal grand Mother are diabeting
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt - Salt
13. Thirst - Normal
14. Tongue and Taste - Normal
15. Current Blood Pressure (without medicine and with medicine) - Normal
16. What exactly is happening?
17. How do you feel?
- Feel fine. Active in all other areas.
18. How does this affect you?
- No limitation physically due to this.
19. How does it feel like?
20. What comes to your mind?
21. One situation that had a big effect on you?
22. How did that feel like?
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation?
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand (Habits or Actions)?
25. Current and previous remedies/medicines you are taking or took in the past?
- Took Antibiotics twice in last 6 months. No other medication
26. Family Background – Asian/Caucasian
27. Educational Qualifications of the patient High School Student
28. Nature of work, what do you do for living? Student
29. Desires, likes and dislikes for food
- Not fan of spicy food or Meat. Love pizza/pasta
30. Name of foods which increase your problem
31. Important Question.
Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient…and so on.. How are you different from other persons, public speaking or not, you can describe all of the details about your behavior, love and affections.
- Very mild mannered and calm. A little laid back. Strong in academics and sports. Sitting most of the time. Spends a lot of time in bathroom. Not afraid of public speaking if asked to.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)&
- Have seasonal allergies (pollen/grass/cat etc). Usually beginning of spring.
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area. (if required/optional)
34. Location of the disease
- below the tailbone area.
35. Side of the problem (Right or Left), (Upper or Lower part of body)
- right in the center
36. Color of the secretions/discharges e.g urine, stool, sputum, Saliva etc.
- No secretions really.
Eetie 3 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.