Toddler 3.5 yrs suffering gastritis for 2.5 months nowHello,
Hope you are all doing good! This is for my kid who is 3.5 years old and suffering from gastritis last 2.5 months.
End of march 2021 my kid got fever, cold, cough and the fever was there for 5 days and i gave him allopathy(acetaminophen & ibuprofen) for fever management. During this fever time i gave him more oranges, tomato soups, veggies soups with garlic ginger spices, turmeric pepper milk, kashayam. He doesn’t consume yogurt at all.
After a week of consuming these foods he started complaining of stomach pain. He would point to exactly above his navel and below ribcage in the midline. His symptoms are:
1. Pain above navel below ribcage while eating or immediately after eating
2. Sometimes he complains pain on empty stomach. Morning as soon he wakes up he seems to be in pain. He also complains of pain during his night sleep. He wakes up crying in pain.
3. He seems to have dull pain through out the day.
4. Sometimes he has pain all over his stomach(he rubs his stomach all over around naval and says he has pain)
5. He seems to be in lot of pain while passing stool and couple of hrs before he passes the stool. He is already on laxative. Even though his stool consistency is soft and mushy, he seems to have pain while passing. Sometimes he just passes very little stool many times.
6. Lot of bloating. His stomach seems to be distended a lot. After eating little food itself he seems to be very bloated
7. Frequent hiccups
9. He seems to be in constant hunger. Even his food quantity at one meal has increased a lot. Within 30 mins to 1 hr after a good meal he will say he’s hungry again and wants food. I’m not sure if it’s real hunger or if its pain that he’s expressing as hunger. Even though he seems to eat a lot it doesn’t seem to satiate his hunger.
I’m not sure if food caused this or its from the fever. His pediatrician diagnosed as Gastritis and gave medicines. He was on famotidine for 6 weeks which didn’t help. So after that he was put on omeprazole last 4 weeks (still continuing omeprazole) but it’s not helping him.
We are really worried its been going on for the past 2.5 months and it has not gotten any better. I have been giving only strict bland foods last 2 months. I also give him probiotic powder daily. I have been giving small frequent meals. His food mostly will be:
Breakfast at 8am - idly, bread, oatmeal, rice&moongal porridge
Snack at 10.15 - steamed veggies, fruits
Lunch 1 at 12.00 - rice, moongdal, steamed veggie
Lunch 2 at 2.30 - rice, moongdal, steamed veggie
Snack at 4.30 - fruits
Dinner at 7.00 - rice, moongal, steamed veggie
I give him 1/2 cup buttermilk after breakfast, lunch 1 and 2. I give him lot of plain water to drink. I have been very strict with diet and been giving only bland foods. Even though i have been doing all these my kid doesn’t seem to get any better. Are the any chances this could be stomach ulcer? We even got stool test and two blood tests one month back and they were normal. We are really worried. Looking forward for your valuable suggestions and desperately in need of some cure.
Thanks a lot!
Aize on 2021-06-13
Nat Phos 6x and Ferrum Phos 6x two tabs three times a day.
Feedback after 4 days.
♡ anuj srivastava last year
Aize last year
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.