≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum

 

 

Remedies:

Lycopodium Clavatum: $6.59Professional Constitutional Kit #2: $160.00First Aid Kit: $160.00

 

 

Similar posts:

Lycopodium Clavatum (potency 30C ) dose for 4 month old baby 1

 

The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Lycopodium baby

Lycopodium Baby
From JMalik on 2006-08-02
0 replies 19 views
Hi All,

Could someone pls give me a description of the lycopodium baby - a lot of the symptoms match my son but I'm still a little unsure since he's only 5 months and it's difficult to form a true personality picture. He's a very bad sleeper, seems to me that it's gastric related.

Thanks!


A Lycopodium baby particularly feeds little and often -- taking only small quantities.
If you are breast feeding YOU take the remedy about 2 hours before a feed.
Also is worse between 4 in the afternoon and 8 o/c.
Take 30c to start but you may need to go up , only take twice a day.
 
  walkin on 2006-08-02
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
To the administrator ....

I only posted this because I could not reply to the orignal posting.
 
walkin last decade
Yes use Lycopodium -- the 4 - 8 is not vital.


Take it for a week and wait for a week to see what has changed .

At a later date if you still have bloating try Podophyllyn
 
walkin last decade
J Malik


Staph is useful for ulcers, for urinary problems for teeth with black marks, wtaery stool after eating -- also vomiting .

Would not normally think of this remedy for eczema.

Would suggest Calc-silica 6x once a day for a week and wait 2 weeks to judge result----

or

Silica - careful this site spells it silicea - 6x
 
walkin last decade
Well if he feeds little and often -- small quantities at short intervals then Lycopdium would be suitable.
 
walkin last decade
Really do think Lyc is the thing but you could look at Hepar Sul if he is a cool child , Sulphur if hot.
 
walkin last decade
Deènds on the potency -- with low potency you can take frequently --- hi potencies only one dose.

If you are breast feeding it is ususally easier for you to take the dose and he gets it with the milk.

But up to you .

Bast wishes.
 
walkin last decade
Give it time -- if you have used 30c then wait for a few days to see the result --- do not expect everything to happen at once.

If you had used - say 6x you could use it more often.
 
walkin last decade
Hi Walkin,

My son deteriorated again a couple of days ago - vomiting, waking every hr during the night and so I gave him another dose of lyc 30c which had the immediate effect of a more restful night. I'm wondering whether this means we have to go to 200c maybe? It seems as though he didn't last very long on the 30c. What is your suggestion? Thanks
 
Shewar last decade
In view of what you say it seems reasonable to use the 200c
Regards
 
walkin last decade
Sounds like Merc to me
Use a couple of doses of 30c

Then to help dentition use Calc Phos 6x once a day for a week.
 
walkin last decade
Probably best to give another dose of LYC 30
 
walkin last decade
Not really danger-- just that sometimes - only sometimes --the 200 ends up proving itself-- and because of that I avoid it-- thats all.
 
walkin last decade
The effect of a dose of 200 CAN last for 3 to 4 weeks.
 
walkin last decade
unless the problem is serious -- in your judgement -- NO
 
walkin last decade
At this point the best bets are Pulsatilla or Nux vom, to quieten things down.
Both antidote the over reaction to Lyc.
Best wishes.
 
walkin last decade
Just use a single dose to start and only repeat when that wears off.
No Lyc probably correct.
 
walkin last decade
I would wait until it settles and then make a decision.

Not sure about the dilution because I have always thought that Higher potencies neutralise the overdose effect , but try it and report results here to help others.
 
walkin last decade
No wont aggravate or 'prove'.

Logic? homeopathy is only -- like the curates egg - logical in parts.

Your mother seems to need Ars Alb.

Personally I would suggest
Day 1 one dose of 30c
Day 2 one dose of 1M
Day 3 one dose of 10M

Wait at least 3 weeks to judge results.
 
walkin last decade
Thanks Walkin, I have passed the information on to her, fingers crossed.

Ok back to my difficult baby! I held off giving puls just to see where it was all going and it seems as though all his symptoms are coming back. Spitting up curdled milk, feet/stools smelling sour, sleeping with eyes half open..everything that led us to lyc in the first instance.

aaahhh!!

One thing (perhaps a mistake) I did do was give him a couple of doses of cham 30c because he was very irritable yesterday and was constantly biting things and would only be ok if I carried him. His sleep was a little more restful but don't think it really made any other major difference.

So at the risk of driving you crazy, do you still think I should give him some puls to antidote? He's still very itchy, little red blisters all over his forehead and little boil looking pimples on his scalp. The only new symptom I did notice was his nose which is now red and has a rash all down the right side- this never occurred before and it was before we adminstered the lyc 200c.

Should we start looking at this from scratch? Should I wait a little longer? I think I suffer greatly from lack of patience!
 
Skhan last decade
Yes use Puls 30c 3 doses.
 
walkin last decade
It seems that at some point, a homeopath has done a complete case analysis on this child to have prescribed lycopodium. There are varying opinions about potency and frequency but it is my experience that one dose is the most anyone should get of one single remedy and only after the case has been properly studied and repertorized. Symptoms can get worse before they get better and they should disappear in reverse order of their appearance. It is not a good idea to continue to dose, even with a 30c because that is how a remedy is proven; not by using a 200c. 200c + stimulates the vital force differently. If a person is relatively healthy (esp with babies and children), they have strong vital force and often respond very well to a 1M or even a 10M dose. It is NOT a good idea to continue to give different remedies, switching back and forth. This can cause serious disorder and make the whole case harder to read.

If a classical homeopath has taken this case, let him/her prescribe and then wait and see what happens. Follow up appointments are usually booked 4-6 weeks later. Then the dosage or remedy selection can be changed if necessary.
 
naturemama last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register

 

Important
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.