help! swollen tonsils neck pain etc, drs say nothing wrongHi; everybody. I'm very glad to be part of this forum and hope you can help. For years I've had voice problems, neck pain,etc, drs unable to find anything(!) Recently my neck swells and it feels as if I have something digging into the base of the throat; also difficulty swallowing,painful spasms in neck muscles, ear pain, clicking in ears and roaring sound in ears sometimes, plus waking at night and general dayti,e fatigue. Dr put a fibroscope through nose to throat and tells me my tonsils look 'normal'. Things so bad now, that I'm scared tonsils will swell so badly that I'll choke. Has anybody had any/all of these symptoms and if so could you tell me what treatement you used to alleviate??
Many thanks - I'm getting pretty desperate!
sharky on 2006-10-02
6. Height .
9. List of your complain first 1. 2.. 3
10. Since how long you are suffering for each complain
11. Diabetic or non Diabetic
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt
15. Current BP (without medicine and with medicine)
16. What exactly is happening ?
17. How do you feel ?
18. How does this affect you ?
19. How does it feel like ?
20. What comes to your mind ?
21. One situation that had a big effect on you ?
22. How did that feel like ?
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation ?
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand.(habits or Action) ?
25. current medicine you are taking
26. family back ground
27. qualification of patient
28. Nature of working
29. desire or like and dislike of food
30. Name of foods which increase your problem
31. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so.. on and how you are peculiar from other person, public speaking or not , you can describe all the detail about behavior, love and affection.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases)
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area.
Dr. Deoshlok Sharma
♥ deoshlok last decade
1. Name Patricia Lamouroux
2. Age 44
3. Sex F
4. Married/Unmarried married
5. weight 63kilos
6. Height . 1,72metres
7. country France
8. climate humid, oceanic
9. List of your complain first 1.Voice problems; I have had a hoarse voice for the past 10 to 15 years. I was told that my voice problems stemmed from my thyroid (hyper thyroid, with nodules) I was operated for thyroid problems 9 years ago (only part of the thyroid was removed and I now use Levothyrox 50mg) Voice problems did not improve. I was sent to an orthophonist. This did not help. I began to lose my voice completely and had four or five throat infections per year. I started taking honey three times a day and altho I still have a hoarse voice, I do not lose my voice completely anymore and do not have bad throat infections.
2Two or three years ago I began to experience a sensation of swelling at base and middle of the neck, tehn difficulty swallowing, as if I have a lump in my throat.
3A while later, but not sure if this is related, I also had a frozen shoulder and could not move my arm for several months because of the pain.
4A year after the forzen shoulder the teh neck problems gradually got worse. When I spend time in a hot dry climate I hardly feel more than a lump when I swallow, but recently I have had periods when my neck is very painful
5and I have muscmle spasms (excructiating!)
6.it also hurts when I yawn, as if the muscle is tied in a knot. These symptoms seemed to get worse when I swam in the sea and
7.I also had painful ears and from time to time I have a clicking in my ears and sometimes a water rushing sound.
8 For many years i have fatigued easily. I thought this was the thryoid and things improved slightly when the thyroid problem was resolved, but I still get very tired and if I have an evening out it takes me two or three days to recover.
9Weight gain; I used to weigh 55kgs but have gradually put on weight over the past severn or sight years and find it difficult to get rid of it.
10. Sleep problems. I go to sleep fairly easily but often wake at 3 or 4am and cannot get back to sleep.
11. I sometimes have leg cramps.
11. Diabetic or non Diabetic Non diabetic
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt If I am hungry I prefer salt to sweet, except when I have my periods.
13. Thirst I am rarely thirsty because i drink 1 to 2 litres of water per day
14. Tongue normal, i think
15. Current BP (without medicine and with medicine) sorry,I dont know, 13, something..
16. What exactly is happening ? I am often tired and recently in pain: neck, shoulders(see above)
17. How do you feel ? Luckily not depressed, but as if i am an invlaid who alway has to go to bed early and not exert herself, although I do walk, swim, etc. After heavy exercise at gym I'm exhausted for days
18. How does this affect you ? I can't do the things I'd like to do, because I'm tired. I sometimes feel down because of this. I used to have mood swings (five or six years ago), but, except when I have periods, not so many now. The worst thing now is having this pain in the neck and the impression, when its at its worst, that I might choke.
19. How does it feel like ? The worst thing now is having this pain in the neck and the impression, when its at its worst, that I might choke. I always wear scarves and shawls when I go outside, even when its hot, also at night in bed, so that the pain doesn't get worse.
20. What comes to your mind ? I feel like an invalid. Sometimes I'm scared that its cancer because of the swelling in the throat, but since this comes and goes I'm generally able to reassure myself.
I'm also very angry at Drs here who do not listen when I tell of my symptoms. recently I was told I had sinus problems and given a sulphur nose wash which did nothing.
21. One situation that had a big effect on you ? Recently sitting in the car I had an excruciating muscle spasm type of pain and I could not yawn without the pain getting worse; as if something would block in my throat (on the side of my throat)
22. How did that feel like ? Very firghtened; I thought I must have a cancerous growth, or somthing very bad.
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation ? Fear, but very rapidly I analyse the pain and the fact that it comes and goes and am able to reassure myself. Aftezr that I just try not to yawn when my throat feels swollen.
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand.(habits or Action) ? I stroke my neck trying to protect it/make it better.
25. current medicine you are taking Levothyrox 50mg, magneB6, yeast beer capsules, vit C.
26. family back ground
Father in good health. Mother deceased from emphysemea at 61, and after suffering seriously from different allergies.
27. qualification of patient degree
28. Nature of working: writer
29. desire or like and dislike of food: I enjoy my food and drink one or two glasses or red wine with meals.
30. Name of foods which increase your problem: I don't know.
31. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so.. on and how you are peculiar from other person, public speaking or not , you can describe all the detail about behavior, love and affection.: quite dependant on partner, hate crowds, lack of self confidence, heart beats fast, sweaty palms, if have to speak publicly, but at the same time I like one to one contact and am a good listener, altho I find it exhausting when people are only interested in themselves. I ahve a history of mood swings, but this has been much better for the past ten years, altho I can tend to be anxious and if I'm stressed by problems can become agressive.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases) More agressive when I have my period. definitely feel better with sunshine and down when it rains for two or three day sin a row.
33. Attached here your photographs
Many thanks for taking time to answer me.
sharky last decade
♥ deoshlok last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.