≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

homeopathic potency vs regular med. potency

just had a question regarding the potencies of homeopathic medicine. do they also work like regular medicine, for eg. for a bad headache, 500mg of tylenol will be more effective than a 325 mg tablet,etc.

because i heard that sometimes a lower potency might be more effective in homeopathy that is, a 6x or a 3x might cure a problem better than a 30c, even for chronic problems.
is this true?
  avid123 on 2006-12-13
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
The choice of potency depends on many issues, like the vitality of the patient,his age, the problem for which he is taking medicine, etc.

some medicines work better in mother tinctures form, some need to be taken in lower potencies, and some in higher potencies.

there are some schools of thought which suggest lower potencies for purely physical problems, medium potencies for problems like fever, asthma etc, and higher potencies for emotional problems.

It is not easy to decide on potency selection. It needs experience, and good understanding of posology principles.

One thing, that has been accepted is, the more closer the medicine to your complete case, the higher you can go.

the more confident the prescriber is with the matching of the remedy to the patient, the higher one can go.

For doubtful prescriptions, it is safe to stick to lower potencies to start with, observe response, and go higher as and when the case needs.

gavinimurthy last decade
Good advise Murthy.
Pankaj Varma
PANKAJ VARMA last decade
Dr. Georgiou's Natural Medicine Newsletter


It is an irrefutable fact that we live in a toxic soup of over 100,000 toxic chemicals and heavy metals. These are found all over the planet right up to the North and South Poles. Even Inuit Eskimo newborns in the North Pole have been found to have mercury, lead and pesticide residues in their blood, with American newborns having an average of 287 toxins in their blood, so what are the chances of an adult being squeaky clean? None!

Toxic metals are everywhere - in vaccinations we find mercury, aluminium in the water supply, cadmium in cigarettes, mercury in amalgams and fish, arsenic in chickens used as animal growth promoters, as well as pesticides, lead in the atmosphere and even radioactive metals such as polonium-210, thallium and uranium being found on airplanes sitting on Heathrow's runways!
Remember the studies mentioned above about how toxic newborns attached to their mother's umbilical cord are? So are adults toxic? You bet! If you have amalgams in your mouth, the World Health Organization says that you could be absorbing a hugely toxic dose of up to 120 micrograms of mercury daily. Mother's breastfeeding their children are inadvertently giving them large doses of this toxic mercury. Most drinking water contains aluminium; fish contains mercury; chickens could contain arsenic and travellers beware of radioactive metals. Yes, we live in this toxic soup so the question is not ARE we toxic but just HOW toxic we are!
How does this affect my health? Well, there are the common symptoms ranging from unexplained irritability, frequent periods of depression, skin irritation and itching, unexplained fatigue, bloating, memory problems and constipation through to chronic diseases such as heart disorders, arthritis, migraines, IBS and even chronic weight issues.


So choice of potency ....also depends upon how much toxic is the body of the individual.

Pankaj Varma
PANKAJ VARMA last decade
There are also enormous amounts of the highly reactive and toxic metal sodium in the ocean these days.

And have you ever been to a swimming pool or water-works and smelled the sharp odour of the chemical they put in the water to keep it safe? That's chlorine, a yellow toxic gas, and much of the food we eat now has chlorine in it!
ZepOz last decade

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.