Seasonal Hair Loss & itchy scalpI am 61 years old. I started losing hair about 15 years ago which seemed excessive. I had very thick hair. Every year starting with the end of September through April I lose a lot of hair. It then subsides from April to September & my hair thickens a little. I started menopause symptoms and low thyroid around age 40. I was on Synthroid for 12 years & the last 8 years on Armour Thyroid medication. I was on premarin/progesterone for 10 years & have been on a natural Tri/estroge/progesterone the last 8 years. My doctor wants to ween me off hormones alltogether but I'm concerned I'll lose even more hair. My thyroid levels seem to need adjusting about once per year per my doctor. I use to dye my hair to cover grey (hair was naturally dark) but the last 8 years I use henna. The dye irritated my scalp. I have had itchy scalp for a good 20 years & henna does not help that. I don't have dandruff or any visible excema (been to 2 dermatologists who can't find anything wrong). My doctor or dermatologist can't tell me why I'm losing so much hair or why I have itching. Every year my hair is thinner & thinner. The henna helps to make it somewhat fuller but I am getting very distressed over this. I live in Michigan so I can't figure out why I would shed hair in the winter months. You'd think it would be the opposite. Do you have any insight as to what is causing the hair loss & the itching? And why would I lose more in the winter?
jackiebelle on 2006-12-31
6. Height .
9. List of your complain first 1. 2.. 3
10. Since how long you are suffering for each complain
11. Diabetic or non Diabetic
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt
15. Current BP (without medicine and with medicine)
16. What exactly is happening ?
17. How do you feel ?
18. How does this affect you ?
19. How does it feel like ?
20. What comes to your mind ?
21. One situation that had a big effect on you ?
22. How did that feel like ?
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation ?
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand.(habits or Action) ?
25. current medicine you are taking
26. family back ground
27. qualification of patient
28. Nature of working
29. desire or like and dislike of food
30. Name of foods which increase your problem
31. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so.. on and how you are peculiar from other person, public speaking or not , you can describe all the detail about behavior, love and affection.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases)
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area.
Dr. Deoshlok Sharma
♥ deoshlok last decade
I didn't realize I was too give this much detail. I will do my best to give the full information.
1. Name--Jacqueline Booth
5. Weitht--125 lbs.
8. Climate--Michigan 4 seasons Summers, range from 60 to 90 degrees, winters range from below zero to 40 degrees.
a. hair loss (started 15 years ago. I had very thick hair & have lost 2/3 of the thickness. I lose much more hair from September through April (our cooler months)every year for the past 15 years. It stops shedding from May to August. Seems to be seasonal but much of it does not come back. I notice my hair is much thinner every year.
b. I have low thyroid & am on Armour Thyroid medication (100mg) per day. I have been on Armour Thyroid for 8 years. Previous to that I was on Synthroid for 12 years.
c. I started menopause at age 40. I was put on premarin & stayed on it for 10 years. The last 8 years I have been on a natural hormone made with yam. It is a compound Pro/Tri-Est*tr.
d. I have itchy scalp for many years. I stopped hair dyes which helped some but still have itchy scalp. I now use henna on my hair but still have itchy scalp. I did not use henna for 2 months & still had itchy scalp. I went to 2 dermatologists who can't find anything wrong with my scalp.
e. I have 4 spots on my face which is a type of mild eczema. I have had this for 20 years. I use Cloderm cream 0.1% very sparingly about 2 times a week on the eczema spots on my face.
f. developed environmental allergies which became very evident 10 years ago. I had chronic fatigue, many food allergies, allergy to cigarette smoke & had candida of the intestines. I found a doctor who treated me naturally using EPD (Enzyme Potentiated Desensitization)which has cured me of these symptoms. I now receive the treatment (EPD now called LDA) once per year & may not need anymore treatments after this year.
The doctor said this probably came on due to too many antibiotics over the years. My doctor is an osteopath but treats naturally in most cases with vitamins, diet,& other methods.
10. How long suffering for each complaint.
a. hair loss--15 years
b. low thyroid--20 years & on medication for 20 years.
c. Menopause started 20 years ago & have been on medications for 20 years.
d. Itchy scalp--15 to 20 years.
e. eczema--20 years
f. environmental allergies--10years
12. Desire for sweets/sour/salt--yes but not excessive
13. Thirst--no, just when I excercise or the temperature is warm.
14. Tongue--not sure what you want to know but my doctor sais my tongue looks dry.
15. Current Blood pressure--is always low but normal range from 90/70 to 110/80
16. What is happening--Hair falling out & itchy scalp.
17. How do I feel--If I get enough sleep I feel fine but sometimes don't sleep sound & am tired
18. How does this affect me--I'm not as energetic when tired.
19. What does it feel like--Not enough ambition but only if I don't get enough sleep
20. What comes to mind--Not sure of your question.
21. Situation with big effect--nothing specific
22. not applicable
23. not applicable
24. gestures, habits--am sometimes self-conscious on what people think of me
25. Current medications--
a. armour thyroid (100mg per day)
b. natural hormones compound of Progesteron/Tri-Estrogen*Tr
26. Family background--Came from Canada, 2 brothers, 2 sisters, father died at age 79 of heart problems due to alcoholism. Mother is 82 & in excellent health. One sister has age onset diabetes. Grandparents lived to be in 80's & 90's & one died at age 72 of heart attack.
27. Qualification of patient--don't know what you are asking?
28. Nature of working--I work for myself part-time with financial services. I like what I do as it is helping people become financially independent.
29. Desire or like & dislike of food--I like most all foods
30. foods that increase problem--sweets can make me tired & salt can cause puffy eyes. I try not to eat too much of it.
31. Mind behavior--I am easy going & tollerant. My father always told me I was very easy going compared to my mother. I prefer quiet times with my husband & don't like big crowds. However, I like a change sometimes where I am in large gatherings but not too often. Sometimes I worry about things more than necessary & it can keep me awake at night. I am irratible only if too tired. I am sensitive to some criticism. I love spending time with my grandchildren & children. I am not over affectionate but show it to my family by giving of myself when needed. I prefer not to do public speaking as I feel self-conscious.
32. Aggravation/Amelioration--I don't understand what you mean
33. I don't really have a photograph since my hair & scalp don't show a problem. It is an underlying problem although my hair is considerably much thinner than it was.
If you need a photograph I will send you one.
Thank you, I hope this helps.
jackiebelle last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.