≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum



Remedy Finder:




Similar posts:

GERD, LPR and Barrett's esophagus 13



Posts about Gerd

Acid reflux/GERD1Gerd3Newborn milk protein allergy / GERD5Acid reflux, gerd4gerd4urgent help needed severe gerd810 weeks old with GERD15 week old with GERD4Natphos for toddler with Silent reflux/gerd12 month old baby suffering with severe gerd1


The ABC Homeopathy Forum

GERD / possible barrett's esophagus


I'm looking for some guidance on homeopathic remedies for GERD and potentially Barrett's Esophagus.

I rarely have heartburn symptoms but frequently have food which gets stuck in my throat when I swallow. Occasionally fluids will cause the food to dislodge, but other times I have had to force myself to vomit to dislodge the food. This has been going on for many years (10+) and has become increasingly worse with age (I am a 31 year old male). My doctor prescribed prilosec which has helped almost 100% with preventing food from getting lodged in my throat. I also had an endoscopy done several weeks ago which revealed slightly discolored tissue in the lower esophagus...I'm told it may be barrett's esophagus, but am awaiting results of a biopsy.

Over the last 2 years, since seeing a doctor about the problem...I do notice certain foods affect my throat/acid reflux. I have abstained from alcohol, limit chocolate, tomatoes, etc. I would like to get away from taking prilosec, continue to monitor and change my diet, and also take any homeopathic measures to help me eliminate further complications (i.e. barrett's esophagus and utlimately esophageal caner).

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
  spyly on 2007-03-07
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register


Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.