GERD/Reflux/EsophagitisI'm suffering with esophagitis as a complication of reflux/gerd.
Have been on Lansoprazole for 6 weeks from the doctor & he also told me to take gaviscon is I get epigastric pain.
I'm not happy to be on these drugs - but worried to stop them.
I've been trying all sorts of homeopathic remedies - phos, nat mur, carbo veg, lyc, ars, nat sulph, etc, so many, I can't remember.
So these are my symptoms:
Sore esophagus on eating - pain radiates to the back & then right shoulder.
Burping after food & drink (only water consumed)
Painful heartburn, but only at night - starting about 2am when gaviscon has worn off & then befor breakfast.hen gaviscon has worn off again.
Trying to eat little & often & have tried eliminating wheat & dairy, acidic foods, spicy foods, all caffeine drinks, tea, coffee etc etc all the recommended stuff.
Have raised the head of my bed the recommended height.
Heartburn really bad last couple of nights - but think this may be due to the fact that I've slipped with the dairy/wheat free diet last few days. Will go back to strict diet to be sure.
Am incline to discontinue all homeopathic remedies for a few days aas not sure what has worked & what has not.
Probable underlying cause - emotional stress/angst due to a number of failed ivf cycles this year & trying to come to terms with the fact that it's probably the end of the road here.
Had a similar bad bout of symptoms about 18 months ago when was told that would have to have ivf - had endoscopy & they just found minor irritation at the base of the esophagus & did biopsy - found Helico. pylori. Had erradication therapy - antibiotics & PPI - then as fine for over a year.
But - over-indulged over Christmas on comfort food - trying to feed my depression/grief etc & had a few drinks etc. So this probably triggered it. Also - had been taking daily aspirin for ivf - it's meant to increase the supply of blood to the uterus.
Anyway - have made all the recommended life style chages - diet, am good weight, etc etc, but still suffering even though am on the conventional medical treatment & despite trying numerous homeopathic remedies.
If anyone can please offer any suggestions/help, I'd be realy really grateful!
emilienne on 2007-04-18
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
♡ rishimba last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.