chronic genital herpesI found this questionaire on your website and was hoping that by filling it out someone could give me advice on what homeopathy methods/substances might work for me.
Patient ID: Sex: Age: Nature of work: Habits:
Female, 21, Student, studying, exercising, partying with friends
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Im 21 years old and contracted genital herpes at the age of 18. Ive been on Valtrex, and am currently taking 800mg of Acyclovir/day, and while they have weakened the symptoms of my out breaks, they have not stopped them. I have chronic outbreaks- once one ends, another will begin within 2 days. I develop an itchy, red rash of small bumps all along where my pubic hair would grow. They are red in color, and rarely is one in a white, pus form.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
I am pretty healthy other than the recurring genital herpes.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? I think of myself as a very happy person and am hopeful about the future, though have not engaged in intercourse since contracting HSV. I would like to be able to get into an open and honest relationship with someone, but feel that I cannot do so because of my OB frequency.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
When I feel that I am at my worst I feel as if there isnt any hope for me. I feel that I will never be given a break from out breaks and therefore I will never be able to enter into a relationship. I get nervous, and have almost a panic attack feeling.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
I contracted it from someone I was dating when I was 18, the very first time we had intercourse. I immediately got an outbreak 8 days later, and have had continuous (though less severe) outbreaks ever since.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
Rubbing, working out, and when my pubic hair grows in aggravate my suffering, and products such as H-Balm seem to alieviate my suffering but do not help with suppression.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? OBs tend to be worse when I get my period.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather? I have not noticed any difference physically, but mood wise I prefer hot weather to cold, and dry weather to humid.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am outgoing and very talkative
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times? yes
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc? no
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
I talk with my hands, and cry easily
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife? I have great, supportive friends, and a loving family.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
My fears are that I will never be able to suppress my obs to at least 4/year and that because of the frequency, I will never be able to enter into a healthy relationship, will end up alone and not be able to have children. I dont dream of any situation repeatedly though.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
I crave cheese, bread, and chocolate, and I dislike most vegetables
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive? excessive
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs? Normal to less.. I sweat more on my face
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type? Normal
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping? Usually on my back or stomach
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? Not at all now, hoping that will be able to change.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others? I feel that my OBs only last about a few days- they will flare up within a day, then will go down within a few days, then will flare up again. Not the usual tingly sensation, then 10 day OB then nothing for a few months.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication? Valtex and Acyclovir, both have proven to lessen the severity of OBs slightly, but nothing else. Large doses are effective for short period (few days) then cease to help.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
My father has a thyroid disease.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
5 foot 4, 138 lbs, smaller breast size, more athletic build than curvy.
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc. They are normal- I am on birth control pills.
Does anyone else have symptoms like mine? Please help! Thanks!
melbas on 2007-10-08
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.