Prostatitis and Anxiety help please...Dear all, please please go thru the problems I am suffering and let me know what should i do? major problem with which i am very very upset for now is Prostatitis and anxiety. Please help.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Prostatitis/Overactive bladder - having this problem since past 7-8 years. Consulted doctor few months back and got
- blood test - normal
- urine test - normal
- real time ultrasonography of abdomen and pelvis - everything is normal
- uroflow (scored bad on voiding time and flow)
- retrograde urethrogram - normal
Doctor asked me for go for some tests which will be invasive (i guess cystoscope). But I do not want to do that and have read that sometimes invasive tests disturb the delicate urinary system and may further complicate things. I always prefer natural methods of treatment. Have taken supplements of saw palmetto, it helped for sometime but did not solve the problem.
a. Frequent urination with less quantity(12-15 times)
b. If Urine is not passed at urge any one of the following things happens - difficulty in breathing - congestion feeling in chest difficulty (or) tingling sensation(sensation that water or something is running down) in hands (then hands become cold), thighs (when this feeling happens in thigh i get pain in knee joint), waist (or) Sometime when not passed at urge then get an urge to pass the bowel movement
c. Nocturia - Will have to get up at least once during night. more than once if drank water before sleeping
d. Urine flow/stream not strong and also few drops of urine dribbles after i pass of urine. And to completely empty by bladder i generally stop and start urine couple of times, not in one go
e. After taking bath or passing stools/bowel movements - urge to urine comes pretty soon with very less quantity
f. night emissions (wet dreams) happen more than 1 time in a month...not sure if this is normal...has very strong desire for sex...very much attracted to women/girls and get very strong urge to have relations. just for info - I think my penis is also smaller than average...when erect its 4-5 inches and 1-2 inches when flaccid.
g. Due to this problems in the past I used to stop the urge at times due to meetings or to avoid embarrassed. i think bcz of this my urinary system is screwed up and now am not able to stop it for more than 15-20 mins otherwise point b happens
Pls let me know what this problem could be and if there is any treatment available. I have read from one of the discussions in this forum that shilajit was beneficial and homeopathic treatments did not offer help. Please advise what should I do?
Breathing problem - had sinusitis 10 years back where pus was formed on cheeks and forehead (used to get fever when driving bike and get lots of mucus) and took unani treatment and became fine. Had been having this breathing issue since childhood i guess (remember for sure for past 12-15 years), but its not severe I just have to have to expand chest and yawn to complete the breath...and when this happens chest becomes tight (feel something in chest became hard or getting squeezed) and i feel suffocated. I do gym and during each exercise set i run out of breath and have to yawn to complete my breath. This problem does not have any specific pattern...sometimes it happens one in a week, or 15days and sometimes in couple of days.
Anxiety - am a shy person since childhood and talk very less specially in groups.
a. I have intense stage fright and social phobia. Get anxious with the thought of making a public appearance and always try to avoid the situation. While making a public appearance heart palpitates, not able to focus, speech slurs, too anxious and self conscious and just feel like escaping from the situation.
b. very low self-esteem and zero confidence when have to face people in groups
c. heartbeat goes fast when have to face confronting situations...and if someone in argument raises voice i become trembled. i become very submissive
d. i dont have any problems when have to deal with small groups, few people and when speaking over phone
e. anxious over things - always thinking abt what will happen
f. unnecessary worrying/thinking abt negative things...very pessimist
g. have problem concentration on things
Low thyroid/testosterone problem - I have read on net that one of the simple ways to check hypo-thyroid is by checking the body temp early in the morning. And it was less than 97.8 standard...mine was some 95 something...So I suspect I have hypothyroid problem. And also my age is 28 and I do not have very muscular look and my beard hair is thin and my skin does not look matured and my male organs are not so big in size. I am 5'11 and 186lbs in weight and decent athletic built but also have fat on stomach, thighs and butts which are proving very difficult to get rid of. Could I be low in testosterone levels? I have not checked it but have taken supplements to increase it to build by body during my gym routine. I do decent heavy weight training and i heard it helps it increases testosterone levels. Please advise on both thyroid and testosterone stuff.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
a. dandruff problem
b. i cant smell...i dont have any sense of smell, cant even make out even if i am passing thru bad smelling place. this problem has been there forever.
c. my hands are small compared to rest of the body...sometimes get chilling sensation, something running inside feeling, pain in elbow - had broken both hands bones when was a child
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
I feel restless when confronted with problems....and get dejected and feel worthless
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
I feel restless when confronted with above problems....and get dejected and feel worthless
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
frequent urination problem has been since 8-10 years and breathing and anxiety has been there for like 15-20 years
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
when i put on slight tight clothes and sit down on ground and in postures where by lower stomach is pressed...i think the frequent urination problem aggravates.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
urination problem aggravates in winter
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
I am normally cool, co-operative and understanding and happy guy except when confronted with above mentioned problems which make me sad and am lazy too :-)
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
yes sort of
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
yes to heavy noise and very bright light
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
great they are my support
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
i love sweets and chocolate cakes and spicy food specially pickles which i am having very less these days
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
normal..i take 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big meals
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
carbonated drinks and caffeine which aggravates urination problem
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
i sweat more with strong odour, i sweat more on head and trunk (underarms and chest)
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
normally i go 2-3 times and its normal....except sometimes when i stop urine urge the bowel urge comes. And also sometime after passing bowel i get again an urge to pass urine with less quantity
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
i sleep 8 hours and sleep on sideways
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
the urge for sex is high...am not married now
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
i feel i am very different from others in that everybody is normal and i have lots of physical and mental (anxiety) problems
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
prostate supplements (saw palmetto)...initially it used to be quite helpful but not anymore....the tests done shows the size of prostate normal
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
father and grand-father expired due to stomach cancer and mother has diabetics for past 15 years and its due to heredity
pabut123 on 2008-09-14
please report the changes after 2 months.
♡ rishimba last decade
Also I am new to homeopathy, I think the medicine is in small pills form. So please let me know how many small pills should I take thrice in 6 hours interval.
pabut123 last decade
i feel you will get an overall benifit in the long run.
you need to take the remedy only on a single day as its been given as a constitutional dose.
if you take it as pills, please take 3 to 4 pills..as one dose.
no food or water one hour before or after.
♡ rishimba last decade
pabut123 last decade
Also I am taking prostate supplement and multivitamin supplements. Can I take homeopathic medicine with these?
pabut123 last decade
♡ rishimba last decade
i have exactly same symptoms like yours of chronic nonbacterial prostatitis for past 6 years, my age is 23 ....frequent urination during day time(12-13 times), increased urge to masturbate, increased anxiety and weakness due to the condition....little burning feeling in urethra,prostate esp. after defacation.
please let me know if you find any cure....
my email is : anonymous11223345(at)yahoo (dot)com
thanks very much
anonymous11223345 last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.