Severe Ankylosing SpondylitisHello, I am writing in for my father who was diagnosed with AS a few years back. Just in the past few years his spine is becoming very deformed, moving into a extreme hunch back, with upper back and neck pain, 3 bones in his upper back were fused,then was tested for AS. Since then he has been experiencing:
1)numbness in the fingers more on the right had once an awhile,
2) He often has pain in his neck and lower back, but his bones are fused in his middle-upper back. His pain is worse when sitting for a long periord of time, better when moving around.
3)sometimes has problems swallowing, he says its slow to swallow no matter what he drinks or eats or just saliva
4)his left eye stays shut for a little bit, he can not open it up for a few minutes.
5)He's starting to slur his words more on the left side of his mouth all of this they say due to his AS.
6)Sometimes his mouth gets really dry and will need to chew a lot of gum to help build up his salivia. Drinking water for him is just normal.
7) He has had arthitis in his right ankle for 25 years, always has pain in his right ankle with swelling and pain worse when walking or standing for a longer period of time. His feet are a bit deformed looking and his skin color on his right foot/ankle is a bit purple/blue/black almost lookes kind of bruised.
8) He also has a blood clotting disorder, called Favtor V Laden. His blood clots easily, they have found blood clots in his main artery on his right leg. Since then he has been on Coumadin - a blood thinning medication.
9) For his AS he has been taking injections of Enbrel - which is like a chemotherapy and destorying his immune system, but he says it's helping with his AS symptoms. He is also taking Celebrex-a strong pain killer for the pain in his back and neck. The goal is to get his off of this horrible medication that is causing bad side effects. He recently just got over a kidney infection.
10) A few more things, is he is always having to urinate, sometimes every 10-15min. No matter if he has been drinking liquids or not.
11) He says he has no specific fears, but I think he always has a bit of fear of his wife, my mom cheating on him again. His wife cheated on him about 15 years back and moved out of the house, but then came back. I think that changed him a lot. he started to worry a lot and of course trust issues started to rise.
12) cravings everyday are diet sodas and chewing gum
13) he has always had a minor case of obessive-compulsive disorder. At first it was with eating lots of food and was over weight, but now has an obsession with eating very little, has lost a lot of weight, now too skinny. He also has an obession with buying things, mostly lots of pens and pencils, needs to chew gum all day and drinks lots of soda. He is not a super clean person in a home, but is obessive with his cleanliness of himslef and weighs himself 3-4 times a day. Now obessed with his weight.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
mricaille on 2009-09-26
Start with this and let me know how his neck pain is:
ARNICA 30c, once a day for 7 days.
SPIGELIA 30c, once a day for 7 days.
Please report after the end of 2nd week about his neck pain and possibly any thing that got better.
We will address next set of symptoms after this.
For general instructions, plesae read my Profile.
♡ Reva V last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.