Abscess ProblemsHi looking for some help and advice please.
I have an abscess on the left hand side of my face just next to my ear. Has been getting progressively worse for the last week. On Friday I started taking Echineaca/Goldenseal, Quercetin and Belladonna.
Sadly it got worse over the weekend, causing ear ache and a temperature so I was forced to my GP. I have now been put on a 14 day course of Flucloxacillin 500mg.
Can you advise if I can continue to take the other remedies and if I should be taking anything else. I am not keen on antibiotics and would rather go down an alternative.
Also I have had 2 abscesses previously, one just above the buttocks, which was removed surgically, then a week later one appeared on the right hand side of my face (again next to me ear!) but burst on its own.
It is clear that I have some underlying problem and I am very keen to find a resolve.
Thank you in advance.
lyrobertson on 2009-09-28
Also give the following details.
Please copy the Questionnaire from the following thread
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa last decade
Patient ID: Sex: Female Age: 32
1. Describe your main suffering?
Abscess on face, left hand side next to ear from jaw line to middle of ear. Well under the skin not toe red and no discharge. About 5cm long and 2 cms wide raised in the middle. Hot to touch and skin peeling around it. Causing ear ache.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Recovering from a cold had it for about 3 weeks.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Fear and upset.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
When I am still - can feel the pain/throb.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Have had an abscess before which was operated on, another appeared on face a week later that was about 3 years ago
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
not sure really - evening probably.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Nothing in particular.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
I do get quite bad acne in the week running up to my period - which started yesterday.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
I prefer dry/warmish weather.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
General mild although I am by nature a million miles an hour, and can be quite nervous.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
I feel excited about thunder storms - no problems at all.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
No - I deal with things on my own.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Yes, don't like things too noisy and strong smells I don't like.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Playing with my hair.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Feel happy and content with partner. Not good relations with family but have no issue with it.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
Biggest fear is failure. Always want to be the best at what I am doing.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Savoury. Nuts, crisps, biscuits. Aversions are more if something looks or smells off putting I won't eat it. Example wet and dry food - sauce over dry foods I don't like I like it on the side. My aversions are how it looks.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Not really. Too much garlic can give me upset stomach.
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
My feet sweat a lot.
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Have an upset stomach most mornings, normally within 30mins of getting up.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Sleep about 8 hours a night, but do have difficulty getting up in the morning - always feel tired in the morning. Sleep on side side (either) slightly curled up.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Faster. Work fast, talk fast, walk fast.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Echineaca/Goldenseal, Quercetin and Belladonna. Flucloxacillin 500mg.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Lots of different cancers and also stroke.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
Pale skinned, don't tan, blondish hair - 5foot 6, slight build, 8stone 7 pounds in weight.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
Period regular every 4 weeks, last about a week. Stomach and back pain for first day or so. Tender breast and spots in the week before. Bright red blood, no clots.
lyrobertson last decade
Please procure Belladonna 200c. Please take it thrice a day at a gap of 4 hours for 3 days and report back.
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
It is better if you could avoid belladona in crude form while you take the homeopathic remedy.
♡ kadwa last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.