Asthma problemI have seen the questionare about symtoms and will answer them. But first I must say my symptoms have imporved, oddly enough after having been placed in a medicine induced coma for about 3 days while having the swine flu.
1. My main suffering is wheezing, and slight chest tightness. It used to feel like it was suffcating me and I was always reaching for my breathing machine. Now all I have to do is drink water to get my attack to go away but it does come back.
2. Other physical symptoms that I am not sure are realted are: since I was very young about once a week or so no matter how much water I drink when I urinate my kidneys hurt for a few seconds, it goes away. But I have had that since I was about 4 and I'm 33 now. Dry scalp on my head and face. Dandruff shampoo doesn't work, and when I shave my upper lip gets very red. Those are the only other symptoms if they could be related.
3Mental sufferings related: I have a lot of fears at night of going into dark rooms without turning on the lights right away. It used to feel that if I didn't get to my machine right away I thoght I would die. A new recent fear is of waking up being buried alive. I have no idea where it came from, when my wife does not sleep in the same bed I have to have the light on for osme reason. I'm afraid of dead people coming to take me away.
4. I used to feel my worst about 1-3 am it was never the same at night, but now I sleep through the night and have lighter symptoms sparadically. Never the same time of day twice.
5. It started I'm told when I was two and a half, I had a lot of colds, I'm told that I had a lot of problems with my vaccines specifically my MMR shot.
6. It used to be the wort time of day was really early in the mornng 1-3 am but no it is sparadically and never the same time twice in the same day.
7. My asthma gets aggravted after laughing too hard, or having sex, it used to be that it would not go away without being in the hospital on IV steroids, but now it gets kept at bay with regular cold tap water.
8. External stimuli for my asthma, it seemed to eb worse when I take trips to Missouri to see family, I would have my breathing machine with me, and still need to get a prescription for prednisone. I can also tell when wheather is gong to change because my asthma will start up then to, whether its going to be cold, or when it's about to rain or get hot.
10. My geenral mental set up is I am arrogant, changable, nervous, suspicious, easily offended, arguing and irritating.
Before a thunderstorm I feel really strong, like a surge of power coming, even if I am having an asthma attack.
I like to be consoled during tough times.
Smells sometimes take me back to my childhood.
With my friends, family and my wife I feel as if there is something wrong with me, alone in a crowd. I call them 'normal' people, and feel inferior to them.
11. When I dream its usually about travling to other cities, I don;t usually know where I go. SOmetimes I dream about dead people chasing me and get nervous at night, i.e. wanting to look over my sholder but afraid to because I don;t want to see what's there.
12. I crave regular milk, honeybuns, glazed donuts, rasin bran, frosted shredded wheat, sprite or seven up type of soda, and have an aversion to coffee, brussell sprouts, and jelly.
13. My thirst is normal but I have increased dirnking a lot lately I would say 4 or 5 12 oz jugs of water a day.
14. My hunger has been a little excessive, I got to eat a small thing but end up getting more than one, i.e. I'll go to make a ham and cheese sanwich, but I'll make a petterbutter sandwich also.
15. There is no type of food my body can't stand, my dislikes ae coffee, brussell sprouts, and jelly.
16. My sweat I believe is normal, I do a lot of sweating when I have an attack. My head does a lot of sweating, once every two weeks my trunk will sweat really bad.
17. I have a big bowel movementonce a week, when it is good it is rock hard though, when it is bad and not very much it is soft.
18. I sleep pretty well. I sleep o my left sie facing the wall and after a while turn over on my stomach.
19. To be honest I have asterbated since I was 8 years old, and when my wife turns me down for sex I masterbate. Usally once, rarely, maybe once a month twice. But I do satisfy my sexual desires on way or the other.
20. WHen my kidneys hurt while I pee it feels like they are on fire with an odd burning sensation.
21. In the past I have been on a lot of asthma medication, lots of prednisone, theophollyne from 2 and a half until I was 16, I was diagnosed at 16 with schizophernia, it felt like someone was in my head making me thing things that I didn't want to. When I taper off of the steriods I get mean and angered more eaisly, when I'm not on it my anger is ocntrollable.
22. My mom was overweight and had a hietal hurnia, a goiter, her gallbladder removed and thn ultimately died of leg tumors that she would not have operated on. My dad had emphasyema and blackouts. He was found dead in his apartment.
23. My overall apearance is feeling comfortable. Sometimes I shave, sometimes I don't. Is shower about every other day but I can't seem to get rid of this scent. I use axe brand deoderant and body spray but that seems to make it worse. Growing up I did not have good hygene, but now it's almost like I don;t care about how I look or smell if people want to judge me by that I just let them.
As far as allergies I have had allergy tests and things of such but nothing is conclusive. Pricks on the back showed a lsight allergy to dust mites but they barely showed up pn the test, and nothing to cause an attack. My recent battle with the swine flu had me in the hospital. It started with a fever that wouldn;t go away. The hurse went to get something for it, then I woke up three days later with a tube down my throat breathing for me. I never had that before.
If there's anything that can be done please let me know.
Once I came out of the drug induced coma I seemed to be better, I went in on October 12 of this year and have not needed a breathing treatment to relieve my asthma symptoms since then.
If anything can be done to have it go away completely please let me know.
jhsif12 on 2009-11-20
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.