Allergy for a 3yr oldMy daughter is 3 years old now and she is having some food(nuts,cabbage,egg) allergies since she was 8 months old.
She was also having wheezing and echzema since she was 3 months old and so we used to give her Albuterol thro' a nebulizer.Every month she suffered from wheezing and nebulizer only helped her, though we did not like that.
When she was 2 year old she was close to having anaphylaxis, when she accidently got exposed to nuts.
Since last year we started to give her homeopathy treatment through a doctor and to our surprise she did not have wheezing since then and also she is free from echzema.
Now when we took blood test for her food allergy it came out that she is highly allergic to dust mites, relatively allergic to egg whites and mildly allergic to wheat and soy. For nuts we did not get the result yet. This really confused us because she is never been allergic to wheat and soy whenever she eats it.
She is a very sensitive girl and hardly sleeps 6-7 hours/day. She is also not very social and comfortable if she comes around some new friends. Other than that she seems to be very energetic, playful and healthy little girl.
Kindly advice us on her issues.
Are blood tests reliable?
Is she possible to be allergic to wheat and soy(accoring to blood test) even though she dont react to that.
Is there any way of treating her allergy?
sipsal on 2011-01-05
What remedy did the homeopath give her? Are you still working with that homeopath and with the same remedy?
Please use the homeopathic patient intake form and give us the appropriate information about your case, and hopefully someone here will help you begin correct homeoapthic treatment.
♡ Homeopathy International 1 last decade
Body Type: Not too plumpy and not too skinny
General appearance: Fair
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use? Yes
Sulphur 10c- for itchiness
Belladona 30c - fever
Some medicines were given by the doctor as single dose (small pellets), but dont know the names.
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Food Allergy (nuts,egg and cabbage)
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Sometimes rashes during winter and itchiness.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings? -- NA
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. -- Na
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
When she was 8 months old.
6. Which time of the day you are worst? -- NA
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
Exposure to nuts.
8. Do you think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)? -- NA
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Rashes - in summer she dont have rashes.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
She is very sensitive. She cries immediately if we say 'no' to something what she do or point out her mistakes. Sometimes she yells with no reason. She cries when some parent of class kid show up in the class ( specificly Male ) and also any other male service personal ( like firefigher, etc ) but at home she is okay with dad and some dad's friends whom she has seen before.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
She is normal for the kids of this age.
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Yes, she always expects that.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
Yes, she weeps for no reason. When nobody is there she plays on her own pretending as if somebody is there and talking to herself. She don't like melody songs. She cry when some sad music or song play starting from early months like when she was 5 months old.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
She is not very close to class friends but close to class teacher(s). Even if other class kids approach her, she wouldn't play with them. She does not socialise and always sticks to the parent in all the parties or if we go to friend's house.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
She is scared , when the place is very silent and hears some melodious or soft songs. She used to cry for soft songs since she was 5 months old.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
She likes Hershey's kisses chocolate. That is the only chocolate she craves for. Other than that she dont have any particular craving or aversions. she does not eat any junk foods(chips,cookies etc.,). she loves to eat fruits, chicken,fish.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
Nuts, egg (allergy)
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
She sweats a lot in the back of her head. The hair will be very wet as if she took a bath.
7. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
She hardly sleeps 6-7 hours per day. She often sleeps with her tummy down.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general? -- NA
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others? -- NA
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
She was treated of wheezing and Echzema with homeopathy medicines. Now she is free from those two.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Kid's Father's side - Dad passed away 3 years back from heart attack and stroke. He was diabetic. Mother is having arthiritis. Sister is having thyroid and cholesterol problems.
Kid's dad has Thyroid and high triglyceride level.
Kid's mother's side - Dad had heart attack long back and on medications now. Mother is diabetic and has wheezing now and then. Sister has Arthiritis and wheezing too.
Kid's mother had miagraine but she is fine b'coz of homeopathic remedies. Kid's mother had wheezing but now fine. Kid's cousin (Mother's nephew) has wheezing
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance. -- Like normal kid ( not too plumppy or skinny )
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc. -- NA
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
sipsal last decade
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 2 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 1 drop in some 10 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 15-20 minutes before or after taking medicine.
It is always better to avoid food that one can't stand. The remedy may help to stand small intake if such items are mixed with other food items and not taken liberally.
♡ kadwa last decade
Just want to make sure if this is for food allergy? From reading about the Calcarea carb, it seems like for eczema and other which are not seen in my daughter's symptom.
sipsal last decade
♡ kadwa last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.