Pregnancy HelpI am currently 4 months pregnant - 2nd pregnancy. I have been suffering with hyperemesis for the last two months which is now easing without aid of medication as I did not want to take it. I still cannot tolerate many foods especially meet as they aggravate the nausea and sickness but I have managed to vary my diet to ensure it is as balanced as possbible
I am still breastfeeding and struggling to wean. My first pregnancy was not the easiest though no major problems. I have been feeling very anxious, tired and am under a lot of stress at the moment and worried about the impact on my baby. I had a very difficult time after the birth of the first child as I do not have much family nearby for support. My mother suffered from post natal depression and is a schizophrenic. My son suffers terribly with teething and I am addressing this but it often means I have very little sleep. I work full time and do not have much rest. I am struggling with insomnia which isnt helping with my fatigue or mood.
Can anyone suggest a remedy as I am exhausted and do not want to put my self at risk of postnatal depression etc. I just want to start feeling better and not so worn out
thank you in advance
sahds1 on 2011-01-19
Please fill out the homeopathic intake form for new patients. The more information you can give us, the more accurate our homeopathic recommendations can be. Hopefully someone here will help you begin real homeopathic treatment to resolve your issues.
Homeopathy International 1 last decade
Body Type: Slim
Height: 5Ft 3'
Weight: usually 8.5stone - currently 9 stone at 4 months pregnant
General appearance: Auburn hair, olive skin, dark brown large eyes
Have you used homeopathic medicines before? If so what, and what homeopathic potencies did you use?
I recall my father used them on in childhood when I suffered with bronchitis but unable to provide any details on this. I tried Arnica 30c after birth of my son to aid with healing after birth - i had a 2nd degree tear and post partum haermorrage
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering? emotionally and physically feel worn out, suffering with insomnia, currently pregnant and suffered with hyperemesis for last two months. feel under stress as lack of family support as live some distance away from my family.
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body? tiredness and fatigue, feelings of complete exhaustion at times
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
feel low in mood, varying extremes at times feel completely helpless and feel no hope of improvement. other times i try to be positive but feel am in denial or trying to convince myself all is well.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words. I feel helpless, desperate, exhausted, then hate myself for feeling this way knowing others are worse off.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Linked to childhood which was very difficult as my mother is a paranoid schizophrenic who spent her life in and out of hospital. no real attachment to any of her children, is very manipulative. I have had to place distance between myself and her. After the birth of my son nearly two years ago I had no support from my in laws, were very critical of everything and things became very difficult and led to breakdown of relationship with them. currently it is civil for the sake of my son and husband but I feel extreme anger at the treatment I received when I was my most vulnerable. Since then I havent felt myself - coupled together with having a toddler whose teething from the start has been difficult, i have little sleep on many occaisions and work full time also. I have a very supportive husband but do not want to always tell him how i feel as i know he feels responsible for the way his parents treated me
6. Which time of the day you are worst? currently mornings and evenings around my sons bedtime - 730pm as I feel anxious about what kind of night he may have.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
aggravated by lack of sleep, tiredness, not having time to myself. lack of support. only thing which helps is having a restful nights sleep and keeping busy physically and emotionally so i dont have time to think about how i am feeling
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
definitely feel linked to external factors, lack of support from my own mother and in laws
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
feel better during hot warm weather, worse during cold
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
generally I am usually easy going but tend to worry a lot more so about hurting other people and will always put them first even at the expense of myself. currently i do feel moody, quiet
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
i prefer to be left alone
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
not usually but currently pregnant and unable to tolerate strong smells especially the smell of meat. do not like short dark days and am affected by changes in the seasons and dislike winter months
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
I love my friends and family and always put them before myself. i love my husband and he is very supportive and loyal. i feel anger and resentment towards my parents because they fail accept they were not there for me and my siblings and blame us for the woes in their life. however i have always felt forgiveness to them. anger has been recent following realisation that my parents will never change and are unable to love any of their children without wanting something in return
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
i fear i may suffer from post natal depression, i fear my in laws may repeat their behaviour following birth of my second child
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
usually chocolate, acidic foods, strong spciy flavours. currently as pregnant prefer bland food non spicy foods, vegetarian and not meat. can tolerate fish on occaision
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
currently more although has been less but am making effort to ensure calorie intake high due to pregnancy
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
meat and spicy food
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
suffering constipation and bowel movement not regular
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
usually prefer to sleep on tummy but not able to due to pregnancy so sleep on side or back. not sleeping well at all - insomnia
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
usually yes, currently no as exhausted
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
no other feeling helpless and extremes of mood - sad to feeling ok
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
mother is schizophrenic, diabetic, has high blood pressure. father has high blood pressure, had a heart attack in mid 40's (currently in 60's). he had a heart bypass
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
I am slim, auburn haired with sprinkling of freckles . large dark brown eyes and olive skin
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
normal cycles when not pregnant
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
no major illness or disease other than bout of bronchitis when younger - aged 8, just suffer with nut allergy.
sahds1 last decade
Please take sepia 30c two pills or drops one time and observe changes over a week and report.
1) Do not take anything solid or liquid for half an hour before and after the dose.
2) Try to avoid taking coffee, tea, alcohol on the day of medicine and a week following the medicine.
3) Try to avoid the exposure to mint based substances, camphor based substances and also strong smelling substances including incense and strong perfumes.
4) Stop with the dose that produces marked or significant improvement or aggravation and report appropriately.
5) Do not handle the pills(if drops use a disposable exclusive dropper) with hand. Tip the pills using the cap.
6) Do not take any other homeopathic medicine during this duration until further updates and avoid all OTC medicines and supplementation except the medicines prescribed by your physician and emergency medicines.
7) Do not apply any external medicinal application if there's some skin issue either in present state or after taking homeopathic medicine.
♡ maheeru last decade
sahds1 last decade
Since sepia can also help for this sore, no problem if you take now or in a couple of days.
♡ maheeru last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.