Need help for social anxiety disorderHi
I need help for social anxiety disorder.
I went to a local homoeopath and he told me only God could help me with my emotional problems, so then i went to another one and was told to take Cannabis Indica.
I never heard of this remedy before, so i decided not to take it.
My anxiety increases before and after I go out or have people over, but never while I am out or having people over. And when I am not feeling anxious about being around people, I just feel blah and have no desire to be around people at all.
julie-mw on 2011-03-02
and post all the questions here duly answered. On that basis your remedy may be worked out.
♡ kadwa last decade
Sex: Age: 50
I am thin 90lbs.( no matter how much i eat.) small boned, pale/sallow skin with dark circles
1.Describe your main suffering?
Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, Compulsive Overeater
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Rash,,flaky skin, chronic yeast infections, sinusitis vulvodynia, food and chemical intolerances which cause may different symptoms such as: dizziness, headaches, anxiety, bladder irritation, bloating, swollen itchy eyes, muscle weakness, muscle pain, nausea, tiredness
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Anxiety, and sometimes experience depression.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
I have racing thoughts and pulse, with sweating and tight feeling in the solar plexis area, hot face and sometimes a feeling like Im floating, I cant think straight either. I feel that everything is out of my control and I feel frightened by that. I dont like to be scared and at that moment I think about dying, I want to die because this world seems to scary and overwhelming for me
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
I have had Generalized Anxiety Disorder since childhood and went through times which I felt very overwhelmed by life and would pray to God to just let me come home to him. I always had some social anxiety especially if i had to give talk or present a project in school or give a prayer in church. I also felt shy and sometimes inadequate. Things go a lot worse however about eight years ago when I was forced to deal with my drug addicted son spreading lies about me and my husband. He did this to solicit sympathy from people so they would give him money He would then use that money for drugs. We lived in a small town and it wasnt long before all eyes were on us. It took me back to my childhood when I was judged by teachers, classmates and some of my friends parents because I was the sister of a crazy drug addict; only this time I was the mother of a crazy drug addict.People blamed me for his drug addiction and believed what my son was saying about my husband and I. Its also all tied in with other things relating to my childhood, such as being bullied(verbally),and my mother accusing me of something that I didnt do.
When these things started happening with my son I couldnt handle that people could think such things about me, so I just started to avoid places that I knew these people would be.I thought moving away would change things, but it didn't, and now, even though things are better with my son, and he has apologized to me several times I still cant seem to shake the anxiety and depression I feel about how people treat each other. I feel like I dont fit in anywhere either.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Mornings and anytime afterI have fallen asleep( day or night)
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Eating to may high carbed foods in a day
. Thinking about (before and after) any social event.
.Hearing stories about people treating other people badly or people being wrongly accused of something
Being judged or criticized
.When there is an interruption in my routine
Ppraying, meditation, and listening to music that brings happy memories.
Mild to moderate exercising
Eating low carb diet
When i am out and sometimes when i am around people i feel ok for some reason.
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
Yes, to all of the above
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
Dry warm weather would do me the best.
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc ...
I am Moody, Nervous, Highly sensitive to criticism, Arguing (with Husband), Mild with others , Routine kind of person and impatient
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
A bit anxious, sometimes excited
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Not Really - just want to be left alone mostly, There are sometimes that I do, but not often
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Very much so
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Nail and nuckle biting which I did as a child and started doing again when I was dealing with my son lying about us.
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
. Disappointed with my husband because I cant rely on him or trust what he is saying.
. I am proud of my children and their accomplishments, even the small ones, but I think that they are embarrassed by me and I find myself just wanting to be living 100 miles away
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
My fears are: heights, watching people suffer physically, feeling big pains or new pains, feeling helpless, being judged or criticized and fear itself.
I have dreams many of:
.My husband having an affair.
.Of People and Siblings from my past who I felt intimidated by
.Arriving upon the scene of a horrible car or plane wreck where people are bloody and begging to die.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
If Im going to food binge, it will be on greasy starchy sugary food or greasy starchy salty foods with some spices
The only foods I can not bear to eat are brussel sprouts and sour foods.
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
I have many food intolerances, Gluten is the worst offender so I stay away from wheat, rye, oats and barley.
I also have an intolerance to milk, potatoes, salt, sugar, fruit, high carbed foods (if I eat more than 40 mg a day) and high copper foods such as nuts and seeds, organ meats, shellfish, salmon beans and legumes
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Normal (armpits and feet )
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Mostly really large and soft but sometimes they are small round balls
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
I sleep on my left side mostly, but can find myself on my back with my hands behind head.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
When I have a desire, yes
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
I am Highly sensitive - physically and emotionally.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
No traditonal medications taken for anxiety
As far as homoeopathy goes about 4 years ago I was given aconite for panic attacks and when the attacks stopped I was given Arsenicum 1LM daily for about 3weeks. Aconite worked well for panic attacks but arsenicum did not do much for my anxiety levels and then the homeopath moved west, and I tried kali phos and it helped a little,
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
.Cancer, high cholesterol, brain tumor, diabetes (parents and siblings),
.Anxiety(my children and my siblings)
.Tourette Syndrome,(my children and great uncle) .Schisophrenia, (brother) .Depression (son, sister)
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? Early
How long do they last? --- 7days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods? ---- If my husband and I have unresolved issues that month I will get a cranky a few days before. I have Cramps during menstruation but they are tolerable..
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive? --- Excessive
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery? Thick dark blood with clots for 3days, then bright red, then brown
- Do you notice any clots in the flow? Yes
[message edited by julie-mw on Thu, 03 Mar 2011 09:58:15 CST]
[message edited by julie-mw on Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:04:28 CST]
[message edited by julie-mw on Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:12:27 CST]
[message edited by julie-mw on Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:26:19 CST]
[message edited by julie-mw on Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:28:38 CST]
[message edited by julie-mw on Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:33:21 CST]
julie-mw last decade
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
You may need Lycopodium 200 as your next remedy, so you may also buy that if buying online.
♡ kadwa last decade
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.