Nail biting - 24 yrsHi,
I am a 24yrs old female and have this horrible habit of nail biting. I really am desperate to get rid of it. Its become pretty embarrassing now since i am in the services industry and my work involves interacting with clients a lot.
I have tried a lot of things but all in vain. Please help.
Also if it helps.... during childhood i used to also suck my thumb.
I am pasting this quessionaire i found on this website..might be of help.
Patient ID: Deekgoel07
Sex: F Age: 24
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Compulsive nail biting and graying of hair
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
thumb sucking during childhood, delayed and pain full menses, laziness, irritation.
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Boredom, irritation, anxiousness, nervousness
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst?
bite the entire hand off just cant stop biting the nails
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
Since childhood, as long as I can remember
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
No specific time
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same?
Aggravated when in a tensed situation
Better when busy or working
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
gets worse with change of place if ideal, gets better if busy.
Gets worse before menses due to the anxiousness and irritation of PMS
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
Pretty moody, little arrogant, easily offended, extremely arguing and lazy, easily irritated, mostly feel like lying down in bed, easily bored, easily distracted.
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
Its scary during a thunderstorm
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
Want someone to hold me tight and give me reassurance.
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
Noise and light
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
weeping, talking to one self etc?
Compulsive nail biting, constantly moving eyes, cant focus on something for too long
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
Feel loved and lucky to have them around me. But do not get along too well with my mother.
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
I fear failure in my life specially my work. Have dreams very seldom.
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
Sometimes crave for sweets and sometimes only excessively salty and spicy items. Especially chips and pickles.
I have an aversion to Papaya, lady finger, peas and bitter gaurd
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
More than normal but not excessive
14. How if your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
Normal in the head
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
Once a day, medium hard
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
Mostly sleep very well. I sleep on my stomach with one leg folded to touch my chest.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
No, since i am not married.
20. How do you think you are different from others, if at all?
Yes I feel so.
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
Taking alfa alfa syrup for my immune system.
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
My farther has diabetes, Mother has post natal (after my birth)/ clinical depression and hypertension.
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance
I am 5ft height, over all chubby looking. Round face, Small hands.
24. (ONLY FOR FEMALES)
If you are not having normal menstrual cycles, please answer the following questions:
- Are the periods early, regular or late in general? How long do they last?
Generally late by a few days, last upto 6 days
- Do you suffer from any kind of physical or mental discomfort before, during or after the periods?
During the periods there is extreme pain and irritation and feel like crying a lot.
- Is the flow scanty, normal or excessive?
- Is the blood thick bright red or pale watery?
Thick and dark red in colour almost maroon
- Do you notice any clots in the flow?
Thanks a lot.
[message edited by deekgoel07 on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:32:54 GMT]
deekgoel07 on 2011-03-17
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.