Hair loss + Acne. Please help!Hi,
my hair is falling out since 8-9 years. I live in the tropics since 7 years (it's hot and humid here). I also have moderate-severe acne since around 3 months.
Below are some informations about me, please help me!
1. Age- 31 (born 1980)
2. Sex- Female
3. Weight- 57 kg (126 lb) / Height- 170 cm (5' 6.9')
4. Disposition when present complaint(s) was not present- Before my hair started to fall out (8-9 years ago) I was unhappy about other things (for example my weight). I stopped doing high-performance sport with 16 and started to eat a lot. I gained 15 kg (33 lb) within 2 years and was very unhappy. So I stayed on various diets when I was 18-19 and ate much less. I restricted to eat fat and sugar and then later began to crave sugar and fat like crazy. So I ate secretly and started to vomit thereafter (I had bulimie for at least 2 years). Luckily I was able to stop with it by myself (I never asked for help) and started to eat healthy with 21-22 and never vomited again. I am happy with my weight right now.
5. Complexion- fair skin, tends to get red fast when in sun. I have very oily skin and moderate-severe acne
6. Colour of the hair- Dark blonde
7. Lean or Corpulent- Lean
8. Former Sickness if any (give details)- Had problems with tonsils through childhood and was often ill, got them removed with 14 and was healthy thereafter. Had and still have some allergies (against specific pharmaceuticals). Have had severe migraines through childhood which went away 3 years ago. I have very oily skin + moderate acne since puberty. Acne got worser 3 months ago. Hair loss since 8-9 years.
9. Course and cure of such Sickness if any- Hair loss is always presented, gets better for some weeks, but then worser for months... Migraines went away either due to the warm climate or because I filled up my iron levels (was nearly anemic until 2-3 years ago).
10. Any sequealae such sickness has left(if any)- Feel ashamed to show me in the public because of acne and thinning hair.
11. Kind of treatment received- Acupuncture against migraines previously which helped for 6 months but then came back again. No treatment against hair loss. Gyn said I should take the birth control pill again (I stopped end of 2008) but my hair loss was even worser while I took the birth control pill. I take several supplements (multivitamin, zinc, iron, turmeric). Some of them since a long time (iron), some not regularly, some I started only recently.
12. What medicines taken- Was taking a birth control pill (antiandrogenic pill) against acne from 1997-2008. Helped with acne during I took it but didn't help with hair loss.
13. Describe present disease in detail- Hair loss since 8-9 years (cannot remember exactly when it started). I saw hundreds of hairs on the floor when I brushed my hair, this was the first time when I noticed my hair loss and this was in 2003 (I think). Within the next 2 years it got even worser and I was able to pull out hundreds of hairs when I washed my hair. Since then I barely touch my scalp when I wash my hair. I am unable to massage my scalp, as I would shed like 500 hairs. I shed on normal days more than 100 hairs per day and on days when I wash my hair (every 3-4 days) I shed 250-300 hairs. I have an oily scalp and often yellow dandruf. Sometimes my hair is falling out less for some weeks or even months, then I shed not more than 100 hairs per day and not more than 200 hairs on days when I wash my hair. My hair is long (bra strap long) but I mainly shed short hairs (baby hairs). They seem too weak to grow longer and fall out. My acne is moderate-severe since 3 months. Nothing seems to help, it gets worser every day.
14. Emphasize the most prominent and most trouble symptoms- Hair fall + dandruff and acne.
15. How the patient feels about the suffering/disease- I feel bad because my scalp is already visible around my part and I feel ashamed when standing in the sun because then my scalp looks horrible (shiny scalp and my part is wide and part).
16. What aggravates the suffering- Not sure, maybe hot + humid weather (?) Also my acne and hair loss gets worser in the second half of my cycle, especially before I get my period.
17. What ameliorates the suffering- Unfortunately I don't know
18. What times of day/hour/season suffering is aggravated- Hair loss gets worser when its hot and acne gets worser during the day.
19. What times of day/hour/season suffering is ameliorated- Hair loss is still presented when its chilly and acne gets better during the night.
20. Any thing unusual about perspiration- I sweat when it gets humid and over 30 degrees C. I freeze when it gets below 23 degrees C and then I get blue fingernails. White T-Shirts and pillow gets yellow when I sweat.
21. Which part of body perspires unusually more (if any)- Under arms (most), on forehead and head.
22. Any unusual in Odour of body,perspiration,stool,odour of breath Pretty normal I would say. I stink when I don't use a deodorant (but I think everyone does).
23. Any Sleep dis order- I do not sleep well when I am nervous (e.g. when I have to go to the dentist or if I have to do something which I do not like the next day).
24. Any preferred side to sleep- I like to sleep on both sides.
25. How is thirst? Normal. I drink 2-4 liters of water per day.
26. Any vertigo? Only when I get injections at the doctor (I am very afraid of injections) or when I am drunk (which doesn't happen often, maybe once per year).
27. Any Headache? I had migraines in the past but not at present. I have headaches now like 2-4 times per month or so, mainly on the left side of my forehead.
28. Any eye and vision problem- Diopter of -1.5 on both eyes.
29. Any Nose and smell problem- No.
30. Any Respiratory problem- No.
31. Any throat problem- No.
32. Any skin problem give details- Oily skin and moderate-severe acne. Some pimples on back / shoulders but not many.
33. Any stomach/digestion problem- No problems with stomach. Digestion: Sometimes constipated.
34. Any food/drink dis agrees- I don't eat meat and fish (I don't eat animals). I don't like whisky, rum, liqueur and most alcoholic drinks.
35. Craving for any particular food/drink- I LOVE cheeeeeeeeese (!), I like salty food and chocolate.
36. Any heart/chest problem- No.
37. Any Constipation- Frequent
38. Any pains in hands and limbs- No.
39. Any urinary problem- No.
40. Any Gynaecological problem- My menstrual cycle is not regular (31-36 days). It was even worser when I stopped taking the birth control pill in 2008. I had no period for 100 days and all further cycles were 45-90 days long.
41. Any sexual problem- No.
42. Any allergy- Yes, to some pharmaceuticals.
43. Any peculiar habit, symptom, feeling, occurrence- Blue fingernails when I freeze. Fatigue after eating. I am a very shy person (always was, even as a child). I am often nervous, don't like to have many people around me. If I am nervous I have cold hands and my voice is wobbly. I like to hide behind other people, don't like to be the center of attention. I don't like if someone is taking photos of me. I am often concerned about it what other people think about me / whether they like me or not....
I am a perfectionist. I want to have everything clean and nice, but I am lazy and don't like to clean up.
44. Any particular season agrees or disagrees- I like a warm climate (22-27 degree C) but not too hot and humid. I don't like winter.
I was at the gyn on Tuesday (24/05) to check my blood (my hormones) and should receive the laboratory results soon.
Any help would be highly appreciated. THANKS!
[message edited by Finchen on Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:30:23 BST]
Finchen on 2011-05-30
[message edited by Finchen on Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:31:41 BST]
Finchen 9 years ago
estradiol 38.5 pg/ml (30'0 - 80'0 pg/ml)
fsh 8,77 mlu/ml (2,8 - 11,3 mlu/ml)
lh: 8,99 mlu/ml
prolactin: 20,2 ng/ml(1,9 - 25 ng/ml)
progesterone: 0,46 ng/ml (0,33 - 1,2 ng/ml)
testosterone: 24,0 ng/dl (0 - 81 ng/dl)
tsh: 3,060 uiu/ml (0,27 - 2,50 uiu/ml)
ft3: 4.63 pmol/l (4.0 - 8.3) pmol/l which equals to only 14.65 %
ft4: 1.55 ng/dl (0.89 - 1.76) ng/dl which equals to 75.86 %
dhea-s: 74,10 ug/dl (35 - 430.00 ug/dl)
androstenedione: 1,55 ng/ml (0,3 - 3,30 ng/ml)
[message edited by Finchen on Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:33:24 BST]
Finchen 9 years ago
day 1 morning
day 1 evening
day 2 morning
One dose means
If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills. Don't touch pills with hand. Use cap of bottle to take pills.
If the medicine is in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 20 ml water. Sip up slowly.
Please follow homeo restrictions like no coffee, no raw onion/garlic, no strong perfumes, don't eat or drink anything within 30 minutes before or after taking medicine.
♡ kadwa 9 years ago
I will need to order the remedy (Natrium Muriaticum 200) online and it will take several days until I receive it.
2 days ago I have started to take Silicea D12, 2 pellets in 250ml of water, one sip in the morning, one sip in the evening. Can I continue doing so until I receive the Natrium Mur. or should I stop immediately? My hair loss is a bit better since yesterday evening.
And second question, can I continue taking Zinc as supplement or are supplements not allowed during the time I take the homeopathic remedy?
Thanks again for your help!
EDIT: Do you mean Natrium Mur. 200C or 200X (I assume 200C). Is 200C the same as the European C200?
[message edited by Finchen on Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:34:29 BST]
Finchen 9 years ago
You may continue with Silicea 12x and zinc supplements.
Please avoid these on the days you take Natrum Mur 200.
♡ kadwa 9 years ago
I will receive the Natr. Mur. by tomorrow. You wrote: 'If the medicine is in pills form 4 pills.' I will receive granules (very small round pills). They are much smaller than tablets. Shall I still take only 4 granules per dose?
Please let me know. Thanks!
Finchen 9 years ago
I have hair loss since 8-9 years (cannot remember exactly when it started). I saw hundreds of hairs on the floor when I brushed my hair, this was the first time when I noticed my hair loss and this was in 2003 (I think). Within the next 2 years it got even worser and I was able to pull out strands of hairs when I washed my hair. I shed on normal days more than 100 hairs per day and on days when I wash my hair (every 3-4 days) I shed 250-300 hairs. I have an oily scalp and often yellow dandruff.
I also have a very oily skin since I am 13. I had moderate acne (face and on my back) when I was a teenager and went to the gyn (when I was 17) who prescribed me a birth control pill that should help with acne. It helped me and I took the pill from 1997-2008. The pill did not help with the hair loss, I even think that more hair was falling out in the time when I took the pill.
2. Describe all sensations and pains. Each pain or sensation should be described in such a way that allows us to imagine having the same pain.
It is painful for me when I wash my hair and comb my hair thereafter. I do not feel any pain on my scalp but I feel emotional pain when I see the amount of hairs that I shed. I am very sad then and sometimes cry. The same happens when I get cystic acne which is painful. On such days I want to stay at home and don't look in the mirror. I don't want that other people comment on my hair / skin, I know that it looks bad and I hate it. I was pretty before the hair fall started and lately I feel so unattractive because of the hair loss and the acne.
3. What causes the problem to get worse after it has started occurring?
When I rub / massage my scalp my hair sheds like crazy (e.g. 300-500 hairs). I think that my hair roots are totally weak and do not withstand any pulling. So I avoid to make scalp massages and I barely touch my scalp when I wash my hair. I shed more hair in the second half of my cycle (this is why I thought I have a hormonal problem). My acne gets also worser in the second half of my cycle and 1-3 days before I get my period. I made a blood test recently and my hormones are all in range. Prolactin was in the upper range and I read it can cause hair loss and acne. Something seems to be wrong with my thyroid, my TSH is too high and my fT3 too low, which indicates hypothyroidism.
4. What creates some relief for the problem?
I don't know. Sometimes my hair is falling out less for some weeks, then I shed not more than 100 hairs per day and not more than 200 hairs on days when I wash my hair but I do not know why. I always took many supplements, hoping that my hair would stop to fall out. 2 years ago my ferritin level was way too low (nearly non existing) and after I took iron supplements for 2.5 years my ferritin level raised and since then I shed a little bit less hair.
5. What triggers the problem into occuring?
I think my hair is falling out more when I am nervous or much stressed. But the problem persists since such a long time and it rarely gets better for a long time, sometimes it gets better for some weeks but I dont know why.
My acne is constantly bad since 3 months. The time before it was only bad when I got my period, but since 3 months it is not getting better. I already have many acne scars on my chin and neck. My acne gets worser when I sweat.
6. What time of the day or night does the problem occur?
I brush my hair only in the morning and then I shed 80% of the hair. Later during the day I shed only a few hairs, maybe 20-30. My acne is getting worser during the day (it gets very oily then and new pimples occur).
7. When did the problem start? What was happening in your life at that time? Did some specific event or treatment take place just before the problem started?
Move from one problem to the next, doing the same thing. IT IS VITAL THAT YOU GIVE A COMPLETE PICTURE OF YOUR HEALTH BY PROVIDING ALL PROBLEMS YOU HAVE, EVEN IF NOT CONNECTED TO THE MAIN ONE, AND EVEN IF YOU CONSIDER IT OF LESS IMPORTANCE. You should address each problem separately using the above 7 questions as a guide.
As well as this, please describe any traumatic incidents that have taken place in your life. Discuss anything that has had a lasting impact on you mentally, emotionally or physically.
Discuss the way that you manage or deal with your problems, or any problems that occur in your life.
Discuss any patterns you have noticed in your behavior especially concerning your disease.
Discuss any part of your life where you feel stuck or unable to change and grow, especially where this occurred around the beginning of your disease, or as the disease evolved.
Describe your childhood and the kind of environment you grew up in, with reference to your relationships with your family, your school experiences, and any serious childhood diseases.
- Before my hair started to fall out (8-9 years ago) I was unhappy about other things (for example my weight). I stopped doing high-performance sport with 16 and started to eat too much. I gained 15 kg (33 lb) within 2 years and was very unhappy. So I stayed on various diets when I was 18-19 and ate much less. I restricted to eat fat and sugar and then later began to crave sugar and fat like crazy. So I ate secretly and started to vomit thereafter (I had bulimie for at least 2 years). Luckily I was able to stop with it by myself (I never asked for help) and started to eat healthy with 21-22 and never vomited again. I am happy with my weight right now.
- I had problems with tonsils through childhood and was always ill, got them removed with 14 and was healthy thereafter. Had and still have some allergies (pharmaceuticals). Have had very severe migraines (on left side of forehead + vomiting) through childhood which went away 3 years ago. I have oily skin + moderate/severe acne since puberty. Acne got worser 3 months ago. Hair loss since 8-9 years.
- Hair loss is always presented, gets better for some weeks, but then worser for months... Migraines went away either due to the warm climate or because I filled up my iron levels (was nearly anemic until 3 years ago).
- I feel ashamed to show me in the public because of acne and thinning hair. I feel bad because my scalp is already visible around my part and I feel ashamed when standing in the sun because then my scalp looks horrible (shiny scalp and my part is wide and part).
- I sweat a lot when it gets humid and over 28 degrees C. I freeze when it gets below 23 degrees C and then I get blue fingernails (I think this is because I am slightly hypothyroid).
- I do not sleep well when I am nervous (e.g. when I have to go to the dentist or if I have to do something which I do not like, the next day). I am very afraid of injections.
- I am constipated frequently.
- I am very tired after eating.
- I am a very shy person (always was, even as a child). I am often nervous, don't like to have many people around me. If I am nervous I have cold hands + blue fingernails and my voice is wobbly. I like to hide behind other people, don't like to be the center of attention. I don't like if someone is taking photos of me. I am often concerned about it what other people think about me / whether they like me or not.... I didn't had many friends in school when I was 13-15 and was often derided. I was always the silent girl who doesn't speak much. I was doing high-performance sport from age of 4-16 and was very successful. My mother always wanted that I practice hard (6 times per week) and I sometimes was unhappy.
- I have problems to say 'NO'. When someone asks me to do something for him/her I do not say that I don't like to do it / that I have no time, I always say 'yes, no problem' (even if I don't want to do it).
- I love pets, especially dogs. I care for many poor dogs, I feed street dogs, get them spayed. I hate people who make harm to animals.
- I am a perfectionist. I want to have everything clean and nice, but I am lazy (or tired) and don't like to clean up.
- My hair is long (bra strap long) but I mainly shed short hairs (baby hairs). They seem too weak to grow longer and fall out.
- If I see something sad I start to cry easily. Same happens when I see someone crying from happiness, then my eyes fill with tears too.
- I am impatient. I always want a remedy / supplement to work asap. If it doesn't work after a short time I move to another one (same with shampoos, creams for acne...).
- I don't like to speak a lot (I hate to phone).
- I tend to get angry over trifles.
- I don't like to quarrel about sth.
- I do not cope with stress well.
- I am easily startled.
- I sweat especially and excessive under my right armpit, the left side is normal. My sweat turns yellow on white t-shirts (also my pillow).
- I have excessive dandruff (greasy and yellow) on my scalp which I think is a fungus.
- My skin (face) is super oily. When I wash my face in the morning it is oily again after 20 minutes. I have pimples especially on my chin, neck and cheeks.
- I want my skin to look perfect all the time. I would never show me without make-up / concealer (not even to my boyfriend). I can spend half an hour in the bathroom covering my pimples and will only leave when it looks ok to me.
If your earlier discussions have not mentioned these already, please describe:
1. The specific foods that you crave (not just like) or hate:
I crave cheese, I like salty food and chocolate, I hate meat (I don't eat animals). I hate olives.
2. The specific drinks that you crave or hate:
I do not crave any specific drink, I like water, I don't like alcohol (except beer).
3. What your sleep is like:
I always slept 8 hours without interruptions in the past, but since February I sleep not more than 6 hours and with at least 3 interruptions per night.
4. How the weather and the temperature affects you: I like warm weather because
I freeze when it gets below 23 degrees C. Though I don't like to stay in the sun, because I get a sunburn very fast and because the light in the sun is so bright.
5. What kinds of things in the environment you are particularly sensitive to:
I don't like noise. I love to be in the nature.
6. What your general level of energy is like:
I am very tired and powerless
7. What your level of sexual energy or desire is like:
not much sexual energy (very little to non existing).
8. Describe your menstrual cycle:
My menstrual cycle is not regular (31-36 days). It was even worser when I stopped taking the birth control pill in 2008. I had no period for 100 days and all further cycles were 45-90 days long.
9. Also give these details
a) Body type and build: Weight- 57 kg (126 lb) / Height- 170 cm (5' 6.9')
b) Skin colour and texture: fair skin, tends to get red fast when in sun. I have oily, acne-prone skin
c) Areas of the body tends to perspire on: Very much under my arms (most), on forehead, hands, on back.
d) Odour of sweat, body, stool, flatus, urine: I stink bad when I don't use a deodorant. My urine doesn't stink normally and my stool also not much.
e) Colour of stool, urine, sweat: brown stool, light yellow/medium yellow urine (depends on how much water I drink)
10. Give any reactions to vaccines or medical:
I am allergic against some pharmaceuticals. When I got an allergy, my pulse gets very fast, I am getting fear of death and I am getting pimples / rash on my skin. It is kind of severe.
I hope this help.
Finchen 8 years ago
Now it is again worser since two days. Should I take another dose of Thuja 30C?
Finchen 8 years ago
orlibug84 8 years ago
Also I have had good results as regards acne with red clover capsules a few years back, it is a shame I forgot about it. Thank you for the reminder.
All the best to you and thanks again!
Finchen 8 years ago
orlibug84 8 years ago
[message edited by Finchen on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:30:10 BST]
Finchen 8 years ago
I took 3 doses of Silicea in dry form (on three days), but it didn't help.
The Nat.-lac. I took in wet dose, like you suggested.
And the Thuja as well in wet dose. At first I thought the Thuja helped a bit with the hair fall, but it is worser again since 2 days. And my acne is not getting better at all.
Finchen 8 years ago
saranaaz 6 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.