why recurrent cold and coughHi
i am a mother of two. On my husbands side, there is a hereditary issue with bronchitis and allergic cold. My husband himself falls sick with every season change, but with my kids the problem is worse. They have fallen with viral fever 3 times - one after the other - in the last 2 months. My elder one(6yrs) had his adenoids and tonsilitis removal operation 4 months back. But he still cannot drink anything cold or eat anythign sour. It starts with cold and cough and then it takes such a bad form that he needs to be given antibiotics. My younger one(2yrs) started showing similar symptoms from the past one year and to add to it he develops an ear infection (of the middle ear) after a viral attack which needs to be separately taken care of with antibiotics. Since we do not take anything on the sour side, our diets have Vit C deficiency too. I even avoid yogurt since after that my kids start coughing. Is there any resolution to my problem or I have to bear with it till my kids become more immune. Their immunity seems to be very very low. Does anyone has any suggestions or immunity boosters for my kids.
avyay on 2011-09-15
Please provide the following
2) What other health problem does he have? Any medications in use?
3) Tell me about the food your husband takes every day?
4) What climate he feels comfortable to be in?
5) How does he feel when he gets up in the morning?
6) Overall how do you see your husband in health and behaviour?
7) Does he have any problem as of now?
1) For how many days fever persisted?
2) Did you see any asthmatic like symptoms developing in your child?
3) Which place are you from and what is the climate like?
4) Overall how you see your child on health and behaviour front?
5) Do they have any problem as of now?
♥ Nikkie 8 years ago
My husband is 33yrs, 5-11, 90kgs. But I am not looking for a medication for him. He is healthy and a regular exerciser. Hence no issues with his health. My problem is my kids. A local homeopath has suggested me to give 'septilin' everyday for 6 mnths to increase their immunity against cold. do you think it is a fair enough solution.
For my kids,
1. both suffered viral which lasted for 5 days of fever and cough continuing for a week after.
2. there are no asthmatic symptoms. they are prone to eatables which are cold and sour.
3. i am in greater-noida (India) and climate is extreme. nowadays it is the monsoon season with rains and hence if they get wet in the rain, they will catch cold again :(
4. on the behavior front, they both are fine and active. On the health front, they are weak, and very prone to falling ill. The amount of physical activity is also less as no play area and lack to time
5. My elder kid recovered from his last viral 15 days back and after that my smaller kid caught viral. I was giving him symptomatic treatment, but then he developed his ear pain again and i remember of consulting you on the front. I am still giving him Plantago Major ear drops though for his fever, we had to consult the child specialist and start an antibiotic course since his health was deteriorating so fast. he is still on his antibiotic course though the fever subsided yesterday only.
avyay 8 years ago
I have no idea of Septilin. Since your kids are prone to Viral fever, this makes there system weak on every occassion.
♥ Nikkie 8 years ago
The following two points are of great importance when using the remedy for Viral Fever:
1. For preventing any Viral fever Eupatarium Perf. 200c one dose daily for three days only. One dose means the medicine should be in liquid dilution form, 3-4 drops in some 3 sips mineral water. Stir with spoon and sip up slowly.
2. If the patient is down with Viral Fever Eupatarium Perf. 200c in wet dose.
In critical cases of viral fever dose can be taken after every 1 hr (recommended).
Wet Dose remedy preparation Method:
Get a 500ml bottle of Mineral Water. Pour out about 3cm of water from the bottle to leave some airspace. Insert 3 drops of the remedy into the bottle and shake the bottle hard at least 6 times before you sip a capful of the bottle or a large teaspoonful which is the dose. Shaking the bottle hard is homeopathic succession and this enhances the effect of the remedy on the user. Each time you use a remedy from this bottle. You have to shake the bottle hard as said above. You can store this remedy in refrigerator or some cool place (do not make ice cube) for future doses.
The idea is to use the remedy as soon as any family member comes down with a fever which is usually of virus origin and the earlier it is treated, the quicker is the resultant cure of the patient. Rest of the family members can take preventive dose as explained above, when there is a fear of fever, climate change, visitng crowded places etc.
For Low immune system:
Echinacea Q (ie: Mother tincture) one dose daily in the morning for 15 days.One dose means the medicine should be in liquid dilution form, 6-8 drops in some half cup mineral water. Stir with spoon and sip up slowly. This will help in boosting your childs immune system. Good Nutritious food with lots of fruits and green vegetables will further aid your family with healthy growth.
Do update the progress.
♥ Nikkie 8 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.