36 years old Rheumatoid arthritisHello,
My name is Sean and I am 36 years old. Within the last 5 months or so I have started to develop what I am sure is Rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis. The fingers in my right hand have all already start to bend down some and they are swelled in appearance as well. My pinky has bent inwards some as well as one of my other fingers has bent in another direction some as well. I have read some of the posts here and am encouraged to see that I may have other options than conventional meds. I have already been reading like crazy for a few months and at this moment am currently taking fish oil, boron 3mg a day, vitamin D3, Reishi mushroom and green tea extract. I have also completely cut out gluten from my diet as well as nightshades. I also have almost completely cut out dairy, but still take in a little bit here and there through chocolate sometimes. My diet now is mainly vegetables, lean meats and rice, beans.
I have to admit I have had moments when I have been pretty scared and some where I have faith I can be healed without destroying my immune system in the process with conventional treatment. I am going to college to learn farming and my plan was to grow organic produce for my self as well as others. This arthritis came literally within a few weeks of me starting school and I am worried because I will need my hands to do the hard work that farming can be. I am also nervous about reading stuff about eye damage as I do not want to lose or diminish my sight. These are just some of my fears though and I would really rather focus on solutions and cures to this. Please if anyone can help!!! I really would appreciate it. I am really looking for a long term cure for this. This has become the main thing I would like to take care of in my life. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
[message edited by Sean75 on Sat, 07 Jan 2012 19:55:06 GMT]
Sean75 on 2012-01-07
6. Height .
9. List of your complaints
10. Since how long are you suffering from each complaint
11. Diabetic or non-Diabetic
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt
14. Tongue and Taste
15. Current BP (without medicine and with medicine)
16. What exactly is happening?
17. How do you feel?
18. How does this affect you?
19. How does it feel like?
20. What comes to your mind?
21. One situation that had a
big effect on you?
22. How did that feel like?
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation?
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand (Habits or Actions)?
25. Current and previous remedies/medicines you are taking or took in the past?
26. Family Background
27. Educational Qualifications of the patient
28. Nature of work, what do you do for living?
29. Desires, likes and dislikes for food
30. Name of foods which increase your problem
31. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry, impatient and so on.. How are you different from other persons, public speaking or not , you can describe all of the details about your behavior, love and affections.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)& Amelioration (Decreases)
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area. (if required/optional)
34. Location of the disease
35. Side of the problem (Right or Left), (Upper or Lower part of body)
36. Color of the secretions/discharges e.g urine, stool, sputum, Saliva etc.
shouse_nsk 7 years ago
2. 36 years old
4. Single Have girlfriend
5. 230 lbs
6. 6 foot 1
7. United States
8. Northwestern Oregon If you need more detailed information about the climate here. I can look it up.
9. So far my complaints are limited to my hands I believe. It is possible it felt like my toes a few times as well, but I am not positive. The fingers in my right hand is where it started. I would say maybe 5-6 months ago when I was doing work as a landscaper/ yard maintenance. I began to feel what I thought was just pain in my right hand due to the fact that I was doing a lot of work. It continued and also felt tight every day. When I stopped the job it still felt kind of tight, but I forgot about it for some weeks. Weeks later my hands began to feel a lot tighter and there was still some slight pain. I began to notice that my fingers were starting to stay bent down some. One night I had what I can only call a 'flare up'. The fingers were swelling and I had pains kind of shooting through them. The knuckles are now red and swollen some. My right pinky is bent inwards and all of the right hand fingers are bent down some starting from the knuckle down. They all look a little 'puffier' than the fingers on my left hand. I have pain now still from time to time, but they almost always feel tighter, except just certain random days they will feel a little better in the morning, but not today. I am beginning to notice now and I hate to think this. That the left hand sometimes is starting to feel sort of like the right hand did 5-6 months ago. Just a little tighter so far and some pains every once in a while. So far the bending seems to have stopped right now in the right hand, but they stay where they are now and also the tightness is almost always there.
10. 5 to 6 months
11. I am non diabetic
12. I don't have any stronger desire for sweets/sour/ salts than I ever have before now.
13. My thirst seems to be the same as it was before this, but I can't be positive.
14. My tongue and taste feel the same as they were before this.
15. I have not had my blood pressure taken in about 10 months. They said back then that it was excellent and that I was in good shape.
16. Like mentioned above my fingers is where I would say everything at the moment is occurring.
17. My fingers when it happens feel tight/ a little pain/and they stick down some. When the 'flare ups' happen it gets worst. I don't think I had a major flare up though since the one I had.
18. It affects my peace of mind and my sometimes my hand function. It does make me anxious to think about how this could affect my future.
19. I don't understand this question as much. The fingers feel tight and some pain.
20. I don't understand the question completely.
I am not completely understanding number 20 through 25. Especially number 24. Maybe you can explain better what I need to answer there??? I really do appreciate you taking your time with me for this. I just want to make sure I am giving you what you need.
26. My parents are both from the United States as well. My Father has psoriasis as well as rheumatoid/psoriatic arthritis. From what I have read they sound very similar. I should let you know here. About one year ago I had the small start of what we are sure was psoriasis on my elbows. It has come back on and off, but has never really taken root. As I type this there is a little there on my elbows right now, but it never gets really bad. Right elbow has none at the moment. left has some flaky looking skin etc.
My father's fingers on his left hand are bent all the way down to the palm about. He is left handed. He says his right hand seems to be fine. He has been diagnosed with Psoriatic arthritis. It looks an awful lot like rheumatoid to me, but I am not a doctor. he did say his doctors were clueless for a long time about it. It started in his toes not his fingers. His toes are bent down as well. He is taking some of the drugs they have prescribed which he says takes some of the pain away, but has not recovered his hands or toes. I could have psoriatic arthritis instead of rheumatoid, but they seem so similar to me after reading a lot.
27. I am currently going to college and getting a major in horticulture.
28. I am a full time student at the moment who is getting student loans for school. I have decided to focus on school for now and will be paying back my loans some day with the work I can get.
29. I like a lot of food. I unfortunately cannot stomach seafood other than canned tuna fish which I like a lot. I like americanized/chinese food because of the sweet sauces as well as a lot of other foods. I have changed my diet dramatically though since this has started because I am very serious about wanting to deal with this. I am now gluten free/nightshade free and almost dairy free.
30. I cannot be sure about this to be honest. I have not been able to tell yet. I wish I knew.
31. I have been more calm lately since we have started some meditation and more exercise. My diet and exercise seem to be huge keys for me. I am really trying to lose some weight and just feel better in general. When i do not get enough exercise I get more depressed and also anxious. I can also tend to be more agitated and 'fidgety' as well.
I am working on being more happy and living in the moment. As by default I have learned my mind can dwell on the past and also negative things. I sometimes am impatient, but don't think I am to impatient. I am really working on myself more especially with this going on in my body. I have made a lot of improvement already in the last few months. I currently have a girlfriend who I am very close to and we have started to make a life for ourselves. We have hopes and dreams and I guess this arthritis really even though I try not to talk about it a lot. Has caused me a lot of anxiety, but also has forced me to change a lot of bad habits. I also was drinking alcohol for a few years in excess. We are not drinking alcohol almost ever anymore.
I am also unlearning or/ learning new ways of dealing with stuff that goes on inside of myself and mind. I have noticed that I have had some OCD like thinking patterns and have been working on those. Meditation helps here tremendously.
If there is more you need here or any other section of this. Please let me know! I am not sure if this is what you are looking for or you need more?
32. I am not sure about this yet. It has been only 5-6 months with this.
33. I am sorry. i do not have a digital camera right now. If you could see the hand. You would see it is some puffier than my other hand and the knuckles are more red and puffy. The fingers also stay bent down maybe an inch or so more than the other hand. The left pinky is distorted inwards a little. I know some damage has already occurred.
34. My right hand so far and probably starting in the left hand, but I am not positive about that. It feels like the right hand did though when it began some months back.
35. Right so far, but starting to feel like the left as well.
36. Nothing for this. Everything is normal here I believe.
If there is anything I missed or you need more. Please let me know!!! I am very grateful for you taking your time to try to help me with this. Thank you so much again.
Sean75 7 years ago
1. Medorrihinum-1m (1000c)6 pills
Next day no medicines
1. Collophyllum-30 6 pills 2 times a day
2. Natrum Sulph-12x + Natrum Phos-12x (3+3) pallets 2 times a day
3. Dulcamara-200 (200C) 6 pills at bed time every day.
Please give me feedback after 15 days
shouse_nsk 7 years ago
First of all. Thank you again for taking your time to look into this for me. I have done some research on the possible remedies you suggested. All of them sound good except for one I am a little worried about taking. I am wondering if there is something that can substitute that one or take it's place. I am assuming Collophyllum which I looked up is Caulophyllum? Which is also known as Blue Cohosh. This is the only one I am a little concerned about as I have read it can have some toxic side effects and an agent in it also constricts blood vessels to the heart.
I guess I am wondering is there something else that might fit into this regimen instead??? Thank you again.
Sean75 7 years ago
almost all the Homepathy medicines are prepared from toxic substance, venoms or irritants. In diluted or potentised form they become medicines.
You can go ahead with the treatment. Give me feedback after 15 days
shouse_nsk 7 years ago
Sean75 7 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.