≡ ▼
ABC Homeopathy Forum

 

 

Remedy Finder:

Allergy

 

 

Posts about Allergy

Severe Cough due to Allergy18Acne; Pollen allergy11Premature ejaculation/asthma/pollen allergy1Remedy for silent reflux in baby with cows milk allergy18.5 month baby suffering from GERD/Milk Allergy3Milk Allergy9allergy2suffering from dust allergy and perfume allergy3allergy1sun allergy4

 

The ABC Homeopathy Forum

Allergy to titanium plate in wrist?

I broke my wrist in January and had surgery. A plate & screw were put in and all went well. They did not cast it but put it in a removeable splint. About 4 weeks later I developed a rash and everyone thought it was the splint. I removed the splint and the rash went away. About two weeks ago I developed a crazy rash all over my wrist and forearm. It was swollen, itchy and very red and dry. 4 days ago went to my doctor and she was convinced I had staph because of a red blotch on my face and a swollen eye. She put me on heavy duty antibiotics which has cleared up my eye and cheek but done nothing for my wrist. My question is could I be allergic to the plate? and will taking Titanium Metallicum help at all?
 
  MaliaR on 2012-03-12
This is just a forum. Assume posts are not from medical professionals.
Unfortunately homoeopathy doesn't work that way. You cannot use a remedy made from the substance to cure a poisoning - that isn't how the law of similars works.

The symptoms guide us, not the cause. Only the symptoms. The remedy you need might be sulphur or belladonna or any of the other 5000+ medicines we have.

Around 4% of patients with titanium implants will develop an allergy to the metal. Like all allergies, homoeopathy treats them in the same manner. We take the whole case, attempt to understand what weaknesses the patient has which makes them susceptible to the allergy, and we remove them.

To some degree, things like implants which are foreign to the body will always be problematic. We use the laws of nature to heal, and by implanting metal into the body those laws are being broken. However, since only a very few people react to titanium, it is likely that your own specific sensitivies are to blame and this can be addressed.
 
brisbanehomoeopath 8 years ago

Post ReplyTo post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register

 

Important
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.