Hypothyroid and or arthritis problemCan you can help me with hypothyroid or arthritis problem.
Patient ID: Sex: M Age:45 Nature of work: Software Engineering Habits: Worried/Anxiety
Climate: Chicago ( Very cold winters)
Please answer the following questions in a descriptive manner after careful analysis and recollection of previous experiences and happenings.
1. Describe your main suffering?
Anxiety: Unduly worried about future all the time.
Memory: Inability to maintain concentration or learn while studying. Need to study/review things over and over again to remember. Forget completely and very easily.
Intolerance to cold: Very Cold hands and feet all the time. Feel Chills. Even in warm weather.
Weight gain: mostly at belly and hard to get rid of
2. What other physical sufferings do you have in your body?
Muscular and general Weakness
Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight mostly at belly
Coarse, dry hair, early white
Mostly Dry, rough pale skin, But oily face.
Cold intolerance (can't tolerate the cold like those around me)
Occasional Muscle cramps
Low muscle strength
Earlier had some muscular and joint stiffness (knees/back) that is better now
Persistent skin rashes with itch eczema
3. What mental sufferings / feelings do you have associated with your physical sufferings?
Severe Memory loss
Lowered intellect. Lowered learning ability.
Takes extra effort to learn. Still unable to recall and retain previously learned
Inability to think straight or focused.
4. What exactly do you feel when you are at your worst? Describe the sensation in your own words.
Anger at irritability. Anxiety at work performance due to memory/intellect.
5. When did it all start? Can you connect it to any past event or disease?
May have started about 6-7 years ago. Also had some symptoms of arthritis. Been trying to treat arthritis with Ayuervedic treatment but not much improvement in symptoms such as memory/anxiety/worry/cold. Maybe I have no arthritis and all symptoms of hypothyroid only.
6. Which time of the day you are worst?
Most symptoms Evening and night. Memory and cold hands/feet all the time.
7. What are the things which aggravate your suffering and which are those which ameliorate the same? Example- time, temperature, pressure, rubbing, washing, eating, tight clothing etc.
- Warm clothing/Socks/gloves etc for Cold feet/hands
- Hot beverages/Hot shower provide some relief
8. Do your think your sufferings have relation to any external stimuli (like, change of place) or any internal biological changes in the body, like, menses (in females)?
- Not aware of any.
9. When do you feel better, during hot weather or cold weather, humid or dry weather?
- Warn weather. Slight improvement in Dry weather vs wet weather
10. Describe your general mental set up? Are you Moody, Arrogant, Mild, Agreeable Changeable, Nervous, Suspicious, Easily offended, Quiet, Arguing, Irritating, Lazy etc.
- Moody. Arrogant, arguing, irritable
- How do you feel before or during a thunderstorm?
- Do not care. No reaction
- Do you like being consoled during your tough times?
- Are you sensitive to external stimuli like smell, noise, light etc?
- Yes, sensitive to sound/loud noise in the evenings. Sometimes sensitive to smell.
- Do you have any typical habit or gesture like nail biting, causeless
Weeping, talking to one self etc?
- Yes, constant internal monitoring with self to maintain self awareness (yogic)
- How do you feel about your friends, family, your children and especially your husband / wife?
- Always concerned about habits and future of kids
- Anger/conflict with spouse due to kids
11. What are your fears and do you dream of any situation repeatedly?
- Job performance/Job loss due to lack of memory and lowered learning ability
12. What do you crave for in food items and what are your aversions?
- Like Sweet foods, dislike sour
13. How is your thirst: Less, Normal or Excessive?
14. How is your hunger: Less, Normal or Excessive?
- Varies. Mostly normal, occasionally more
15. Is there any kind of food which your body cant stand?
- Have acidity from tea/tomatoes/pizza
- Have gas from beans/milk products. (Lactose intolerant)
16. Is your sweat normal or less or more? Where does it sweat more: Head, Trunk or Limbs?
- Less. Sweat is mostly head
17. How is your bowel movement and stool type?
- Frequent constipation. Initial stool hard sometime hemorrhoids. Taking triphala helps.
18. How well do you sleep? Do you have a particular posture of sleeping?
- Irregular sleep pattern, mostly Sleep for short duration. Feeling not enough sleep. Dream sleep not sound sleep. Hard time to go back to sleep after waking early. Feel like/and nap during mid day. Sleep on stomach or right shoulder.
19. Do you think you are able to satisfy your sexual desires in general?
- No. Low desire.
20. Do you have any strange, peculiar or unusual symptom or feelings? How are you different from others?
- I have been blessed with yogic energy(kundalini) about 7 years.
- I do feel lack of friends
21. What medications have been taken earlier by you to treat the diseases and do you have any particular symptom surfacing after the medication?
- Doctor prescribed Synthroid. Did not take it.
- Tried Ayuervedic remedy for arthritis. Not much relif
Not sure if i have autoimmune thyroiditis due to confusion of hypo/throid/arthritis like symptoms.
- Recently Started taking over the counter Homeopathic remedy:
- Thyroid support by NatraBio
- Active Ingredients:
- Calcarea Iodata 6X - thyroid function support
- Fucus Vesiculosus 6X - thyroid function, digestion
- Kali Iodatum 6X - thyroid function support
- Thyroidinum 6X, 12X, 30X - thyroid function
- Calcarea Carbonica 10X - metabolism & weight balance, - poor nutrition
- Causticum 10X - thyroid function support
- Ferrum lodatum 10X, 30 X - thyroid function, poor nutrition, - exhaustion
- Natrum Muriaticum 10X, 30X - thyroid glandular support
- Dosage: chew one tablet and allow to dissolve in the mouth 3 times daily.
- Days Since taken: 1week
- Results: Saw some positive results. esp. First two days. Warmer hands and feet. Now hands are still slightly warm but feet are cold. I believe in classical homeopathy so want to do that instead of this.
- Alos taking Ayuervedic remedies: Triphala, Shilajit, Ashwaganda
22. What major diseases are running in your family?
Diabetes, Arthritis, Lupus
23. Describe, how do you look like? Describe your overall appearance.
5feet 4 inches. 157lbs. Medium built-Pitta constitution
24. If your menstrual cycles are not normal, please describe the irregularities, like pains, moods, flow type, clots etc.
25. What major diseases have you had in your life and when. Please write them in a chronological manner.
>> tonsil removed when > large outbreak of skin rashes when about 15 year
>> had some shingle rashes about 2 years ago ( applied coconut oil healed)
[message edited by gargsan on Thu, 03 May 2012 01:37:50 BST]
gargsan on 2012-04-28
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.