gastritis acute, gerd and ibs - pease helpI was diagnosed with gastritis in the antrum a year ago and it has become acute The pain in the stomach has become severe, especially at night and in the mornings. When I eat, it does help but only temporarily. What do you suggest to help reduce the acidity and the pain which can get out of control at times as well as the acid reflux. It all seems to snow ball and once it gets out of control, starts irritable bowel symptoms. Since the acid reflux or the abdominal pain occurs more in the evening, it prevents me from getting enough sleep and energy deprived as a result. My appetite is low due the reflux and pain.
About myself, I live in the US, 48 years old, about 96 lbs (thin). The problem started after I took some Chinese herbal teas to help with melasma (dark patches on the face) that appeared as my estrogen levels lowered. The herbal teas helped but provoked acid in my stomach which my doctor believes is what caused the gastritis. I take pepcid and protonix when I can, but don't have a good reaction to protonix. I also have bad pollen allergies during the month of September here in California and then they go away but the allergies did cause me to have asthma which flares up from time to time. I am being careful to watch all that I eat. I also read that taking hydrochloric acid pills help but they tend to irritate my stomach instead.
Please, I welcome your suggestions for what I should be taking. I have a good family support system and overall happy except for the stress caused in my life with the stomach problems, which prevent me from enjoying much at times. Would love to get some relief from a more natural approach as the meds have side effects that are too strong for me
[message edited by tiara16 on Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:18:52 BST]
tiara16 on 2012-07-17
The following additional information is required to help you. Therefore, please do the best you can in providing a detailed and accurate data.
1. ID or Your Name:
6. Height .
9. List of your complaints
10. Since how long are you suffering from each complaint
11. Diabetic or non-Diabetic
12. Desire sweets/sour/salt
14. Tongue and Taste
15. Current Blood Pressure (without medicine and with medicine)
16. What exactly is happening?
17. How do you feel?
18. How does this affect you?
19. How does it feel like?
20. What comes to your mind?
21. One situation that had a
big effect on you?
22. How did that feel like?
23. What sensation do you experience in that situation?
24. What are you showing by that gesture of your hand (Habits or Actions)?
25. Important Question.
Current and previous remedies/medicines you are taking or took in the past?
26. Family Background
27. Educational Qualifications of the patient
28. Nature of work, what do you do for living?
29. Desires, likes and dislikes for food
30. Name of foods which increase your problem
31. Important Question.
Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry,
impatient and so on.. How are you different from other persons, public speaking or not, you can describe all of the details about your behavior, love and affections.
32. Aggravation (increases-time, season,)&
33. Attached here your photographs of the affected area. (if required/optional)
34. Location of the disease
35. Side of the problem (Right or Left), (Upper or Lower part of body)
36. Color of the secretions/discharges e.g
urine, stool, sputum, Saliva etc.
For Females Only
37. When is the period during the month approx
37. When is the period during the month approx date?
Any monthly cycle issues? Regular, early, late, before problems, after problems,
pain, any other discharges?
38. Are you pregnant? If yes, please give pregnancy start date? Any current issues?
♡ nawazkhan 9 years ago
To post a reply, you must first LOG ON or Register
Information given in this forum is given by way of exchange of views only, and those views are not necessarily those of ABC Homeopathy. It is not to be treated as a medical diagnosis or prescription, and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation with a qualified homeopath or physician. It is possible that advice given here may be dangerous, and you should make your own checks that it is safe. If symptoms persist, seek professional medical attention. Bear in mind that even minor symptoms can be a sign of a more serious underlying condition, and a timely diagnosis by your doctor could save your life.